Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25

Author Topic: Meta-Slature (Bring your monocles!) [Turn 10, Phase II]  (Read 56431 times)

Serg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Meta-Slature (Bring your monocles!)
« Reply #270 on: December 22, 2008, 11:44:57 pm »

Yes, you can, I checked the rules, and am working to fix mine now.

I. Every player gets allocated a 3x3 grid.
   i. This grid is allocated 'filled in' with black squares.
      a. Black squares are resources hidden.
   ii. It is unable to determine the contents of a black square by looking at them.
II. Every 'yes' vote a player casts, open a random square.
   i. As soon as a square opens up, the contents are emptied into the vault of the player.
   ii. The previously black square becomes a period for compelete graphical purposes.
      a. Periods in squares have no uses, other then displaying that square has been opened up.
   iii. The square is decided through a random d9 roll, with the top row being ordered from left to right, 1 to 3. The second row is ordered left to right , 4 to 6. The third row is ordred left to right, 7 to 9.
   iv. If the rolled number matches an already opened square, nothing happens.
III. The resource that is added to the player's vault is determined by a d46 roll.

Code: [Select]
Roll Resource Name Value
1-18 Non-Economic Stone 1
19-24 Economic Stone 2
25-27 Unrefined Coal 3
28-33 Copper Ore 5
34-37 Tin Ore 7
38-39 Iron Ore 10
40-43 Sapphire 10
44-45 Topaz 15
46 Ruby 20

IV. Every 'no' vote a player casts, destroys a random square, replacing it with a black square.
   i. If the rolled number matches an already blackened square, nothing happens.
V.  First all yes votes are rolled and dug out, then all no votes are filled in.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 12:06:09 am by Serg »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 23, 2008, 12:45:36 am »

Update!
I, Pandarsenic, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed Just in Case, for the court to judge:

I. This rule does hereby establish the motion, a way of influencing the flow of the nomic other than a proposition.
  A. A motion may be made during any phase.
  B. Voting on a motion begins immediately after it is presented and ends when its fate is certain.
      i. The first condition that makes the fate of a motion certain is if every player has voted for it.
      ii. The second condition that makes the fate of a motion certain is if those in favor or those against the motion already hold a majority, and no number of votes can cause a tie or give the opposition a majority.
  C. Bonus votes cannot be applied to motions.
  D. The following motion(s) is/are permitted:
      i. The players may strip the judge and/or temporary judge of his or her title(s) and delegate a new judge if neither the judge nor a temporary judge has posted within the 48 hours prior to the proposition.
          a. If the motion succeeds, a 48-hour judge selection period follows, at the conclusion of which the player with the most votes for judgeship gains the position.
          b. If the judge or temporary judge votes against this motion, it fails

I respectfully ask all members of the court to carefully consider its merits and cast their vote accordingly.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 23, 2008, 11:38:06 am »

Turn 7

Phase 2.5 - Voting

Status

http://www.lanimals.com/Other/metaslature/default.asp

Status Changes This Phase:

Tylui, Participation(R330)
Tylui, +5, First Participant(R202)
Pandarsenic, +2, Tylui's Mentor(R336)
Serg, Participation(R330)
Frelock, Participation(R330)
Pandarsenic, Participation(R330)
qwertyuiopas, Participation(R330)
webadict, Participation(R330)
Tylui, +2, webadict's Mentor(R336)

--Propositions--

webadict
346. "EXP Share"
   A. If a Protege has less point than his or her Mentor, then one of the points the Mentor would normally receive is given to the Protege.
   B. If a Protege has an equal amount or more points than his or her Mentor, then the Protege gains an extra vote towards the Mentor's proposition.

qwertyuiopas
347. "removal of mentor loops" A mentor gains half points for mentoring someone if they themselves have a mentor.

Servant Corps Charity Points all points to qwertyuiopas

Tylui
348. "Win/Loss Conditions"
   A. Two new status objects with obvious names shall be added: Win Count and Loss Count.
   B. Wins
      I. Any Player with a Win Count greater than 0 shall receive the following benefits:
         a. They may make n time the number of Propositions during Phase I, where n = (Win Count).
         b. Their regular votes count n times, where n = (Win Count).
   C. Loss
      I. Any Player with a Loss Count greater than 0 shall receive the following malefits:
         a. When all marked status objects are reset according to Rule 328, the Player's Points will start at -(100*n), where n = (Loss Count)

Pandarsenic
349. "Just in Case"
   A. This rule does hereby establish the motion, a way of influencing the flow of the nomic other than a proposition.
      I. A motion may be made during any phase.
      II. Voting on a motion begins immediately after it is presented and ends when its fate is certain.
         a. The first condition that makes the fate of a motion certain is if every player has voted for it.
         b. The second condition that makes the fate of a motion certain is if those in favor or those against the motion already hold a majority, and no number of votes can cause a tie or give the opposition a majority.
      III. Bonus votes cannot be applied to motions.
      IV. The following motion(s) is/are permitted:
         a. The players may strip the judge and/or temporary judge of his or her title(s) and delegate a new judge if neither the judge nor a temporary judge has posted within the 48 hours prior to the proposition.
            i. If the motion succeeds, a 48-hour judge selection period follows, at the conclusion of which the player with the most votes for judgeship gains the position.
             ii. If the judge or temporary judge votes against this motion, it fails

Serg
350. "Mining Operations"
   A. Every player gets allocated a 3x3 grid.
      I. This grid is allocated 'filled in' with black squares.
         a. Black squares are resources hidden.
      II. It is unable to determine the contents of a black square by looking at them.
   B. Every 'yes' vote a player casts, open a random square.
      I. As soon as a square opens up, the contents are emptied into the vault of the player.
      II. The previously black square becomes a period for compelete graphical purposes.
         a. Periods in squares have no uses, other then displaying that square has been opened up.
      III. The square is decided through a random d9 roll, with the top row being ordered from left to right, 1 to 3. The second row is ordered left to right , 4 to 6. The third row is ordred left to right, 7 to 9.
      IV. If the rolled number matches an already opened square, nothing happens.
   C. The resource that is added to the player's vault is determined by a d46 roll.

Code: [Select]
Roll Resource Name Value
1-18 Non-Economic Stone 1
19-24 Economic Stone 2
25-27 Unrefined Coal 3
28-33 Copper Ore 5
34-37 Tin Ore 7
38-39 Iron Ore 10
40-43 Sapphire 10
44-45 Topaz 15
46 Ruby 20
   D. Every 'no' vote a player casts, destroys a random square, replacing it with a black square.
      I. If the rolled number matches an already blackened square, nothing happens.
   E.  First all yes votes are rolled and dug out, then all no votes are filled in.

Frelock
351. "Contracts" A contract is a binding agreement between two or more players.
   A. All players affected directly by the contract must agree to it.
      I. A player agrees to a contract by posting the exact wording of the contract with their name following.
      II. The text of the contract must be in a different form than the rest of the post (ie italics, bold, or in a quote tag), so that it is clear what is and what is not part of the contract.
   B. A contract must be exceedingly clear as to its purpose and execution, else the contract is null and void.
   C. Whatever terms are set down by the contract must be followed by all players involved in the contract.
   D. A contract may be voided if all parties who signed it agree that the contract is null and void.
   E. A player who is unable to follow the terms of the contract cannot participate until such time as when the contract is fulfilled or voided.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 11:23:33 am by Tylui »

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 23, 2008, 11:44:37 am »

I was kinda waiting for webadict, since he's been a participant in every Phase so far.  I guess he won't hold that title anymore.  Sad. :(

Anyway, hopefully I get the numbers right this time!  It looks like we skipped 337 altogether. Whoops.

346. "EXP Share" No
347. "removal of mentor loops" No
348. "Win/Loss Conditions" Yes
349. "Just in Case" Yes
   As a side note: This, ladies and gents, is a BEAUTIFUL Proposition.  Seriously.  Pandarsenic, I love you.  In fact, you're my Mentor now.
350. "Mining Operations" Yes
351. "Contracts" Yes
   Another simply amazing Proposition.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 01:33:52 pm by Tylui »

Serg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 23, 2008, 12:05:09 pm »

346: No
347: No
348: No
349: Yes
350: Yes
351: No

You should put the numbers in the "Turn 7, Phase 2.5" post. I had to copy off of yours.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 23, 2008, 12:51:33 pm »

Shoot, missed the discussion phase.  Oh well.

346:No
347:Yes
348:No
349:Yes
350:Yes (I would like to say that I've never seen a d46; sounds very circular)
351:Yes (Oh, and Tylui, you posed a yes vote in red for this one)

Edit in response to Serg's picture: are there even sides to that?  Looks just like a circle with lots of numbers painted on it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 01:03:02 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Serg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 23, 2008, 12:59:51 pm »

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 23, 2008, 01:35:29 pm »

You should put the numbers in the "Turn 7, Phase 2.5" post. I had to copy off of yours.
Whoops.

(I would like to say that I've never seen a d46; sounds very circular)
I'll probably just use random.org
I love that website.

(Oh, and Tylui, you posed a yes vote in red for this one)
Whoops.

Actually, for this one I was going to vote no on it, then I realized that it was very clear and a good example, AND it's practically completely unobtrusive, so there's no reason to deny it, in my opinion.  But then I forgot to change the color as well. :P
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 01:37:41 pm by Tylui »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 23, 2008, 01:49:22 pm »

Why, thank you, Tylui.  :D
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 23, 2008, 03:48:24 pm »

I remove myself from the game, taking away 50 of qwerty's points.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 23, 2008, 03:51:41 pm »

Wow, really?  You can never come back? D:

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 23, 2008, 06:13:41 pm »

You can't do that! Since the revisement of my proposition, you have to lose by another proposition put in place. Feel free to be inactive though, but you aint taking anyones points.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #282 on: December 23, 2008, 07:24:43 pm »

346: No
347: Yes
348: No
349: Yes
350: Yes
351: Yes
Eh?
Eh!

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 23, 2008, 07:34:28 pm »

Oh yeah!  Yay.

qwertyuiopas, you still need to state whether or not you accept your incoming points.
Also, qwertyuiopas, you didn't really state anything about the Rules specific to your game.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 11:38:12 am by Tylui »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #284 on: December 23, 2008, 08:18:01 pm »

Oh. Yes, and the rest of the rules, although I assumed that 11 and 12 were implied, and 13 is common sense.

11: The players take turns filling the empty positions of a 3x3 grid with their symbol(chosen before the game starts), with the goal of getting a horizantal, vertical, or diagonal row of three of their symbol.
12: The first player to achieve a horizantal, vertical, or diagonal row, is the winner. If the board(the 3x3 grid) reaches a state where neither player can win, the game is declared a draw.
13: Only players approved by Qwertyuiopas(bay12games.com forum user 3819) may edit these rules.
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25