Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25

Author Topic: Meta-Slature (Bring your monocles!) [Turn 10, Phase II]  (Read 56461 times)

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: Meta-Slature (It's a Nomic Clone, but rules adapted more for forums)
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2008, 01:50:14 pm »

Phase 3 - Execution

--Players--
Tylui(Judge) | 0 points
sonerohi | 0 points
Armok | 0 points
webadict | -5 points
Pandarsenic | 10 points
Frelock | 10 points
Boksi | 10 points
Cheeetar | 0 points
Servant Corps | 15 points
qwertyuiopas | -5 points

--Ratified Propositions--

303(Frelock) - I propose that no player may propose a rule that is expressly designed to disadvantage one particular player, with the intention of making it difficult for that player to play

304(Boksi) - All future propositions shall follow this standard form:                                 
   I, <Name>, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed <Proposition Name>, to the court to judge:                              
   <Proposition>                              
   I respectfully ask all members of the court to carefully consider it's merits and cast their vote accordingly.                              

305(Pandarsenic) - Any Transmutation Proposition requires a simple majority to pass.
(The ratification of this Proposition will modify Rule 105.B.II, and must be voted unanimously)

307(Servant Corps) - Any Proposition with subsets are to be treated as a single Rule.

Each of these players shall receive 10 points!

--Failed Propositions--

301(sonerohi) - I propose that all criminals facing a death sentence be given an option for their room to be filled with cats, so the time slows down, giving them more time to enjoy their remaining life.

302(webadict) - I propose that any proposition that fails shall therefore cause the losing of the player that proposed the failed proposition, instead of -5 points.
(The ratification of this Proposition will modify Rule 204)

306(qwertyuiopas) - I propose that players may be granted "advanced rights" allowing for Proposition of up to 3 times as many subsets to a Single Proposition as a standard player. Said "advanced rights" must be granted and removed through an 80% majority vote, and may be removed through the same method.

Each of these players will lose 5 points.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 09:13:57 pm by Tylui »

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2008, 01:57:20 pm »

Turn 2

Phase I - Proposition

Status

--Score--(At beginning of this Phase)
Tylui(Judge) | 0 points
sonerohi | 0 points
Armok | 0 points
webadict | -5 points
Pandarsenic | 10 points
Frelock | 10 points
Boksi | 10 points
Cheeetar | 0 points
Servant Corps | 15 points
qwertyuiopas | -5 points

Point Changes This Phase:
Cheeetar; +5 first participant

Cheeetar
308. I propose that all amendments dubbed 'immutable' be removed of this status, to allow a more flexible rule set.

Qwertyuiopas
309. "Glowy Proposition Names" All proposition titles are shown in glow

Servant Corps
310. All players must submit at least one proposal per Turn, otherwise they cannot participate in the rest of the phases for that turn.

Boksi
311. "The (Un)Popular Vote Bonus" If a proposition passes or fails completely unanimously, it's proposer will be rewarded or punished by either gaining or losing twice as many points than they would otherwise get/lose

Pandarsenic
312. "THE SWEET RAVE PARTY PROPOSITION" Any immutable rule with elements contrary to a mutable rule shall take precedence over that mutable rule.

Armok
313. Board Basics A1
   A. The Board
      I. there is in the game a virtual board
      II. the board has infinite size
      III. the board is implied to contain a landscape
   B. The Players
      I. any player can place a unit on the board at any time for the cost of one (1) point
      II. A player controls the actions of any unit they own
      III. A player may not have more than 20 units on the board, nor may they place more than 5 units each turn.
   C. The Actions
      I. all actions and events on the board must be RPed
      II. RP must be according to common sense and must not be overpowered
      III. what is sensible or overpowered is decided by the judge or by vote.
   D. The Objective
      I. if a unit is killed, the player owning the unit who killed the other unit is rewarded 5 points.
      II. if the unit killed and the unit killing it are owned by the same player, no points are rewarded.
      III. Any action or even can be by RP implied by any player or non player at any one time, unless other rules or subsets of this rule states otherwise.

webadict
314. Bonus Vote
   A. During each turn, we are granted a bonus vote, toward whichever proposition the player chooses.
   B. If a player does not use this bonus vote, it is saved and added to a bonus vote count.
   C. The bonus vote count of any player cannot exceed the number of players minus 1, to ensure that no particular proposition is unchallengeable.

Frelock
315. "Proposition on the Organization of Propositions" All subsets of a proposition or rule must relate very closely to the main proposition.
   A. Any subsets which are deemed irrelevant will be thrown out.
   B. A subset is deemed irrelevant if a majority of the players deem it to be so.
   C. Calling for a vote on relevance does not count as a player's proposition for the turn.
   D. Any subset of any rule or proposition, passed or pending, may be voted on.

Tylui
316. "Monocle Avatars" Any Player who wishes to submit a Proposition must have a monocle in their avatar at the time of Proposal.  Otherwise, the Player must submit a detailed explanation as to why there is no monocle.

(NOTE: From now on, I won't update the points table after the first post of the phase.  Instead I'll keep track of point changes in the manner you see above.  This should be easier for everyone[myself included] to understand.)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 08:34:27 pm by Tylui »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2008, 02:27:57 pm »

I, Qwertyuiopas, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed Glowy proposition names,to the court to judge:
 All proposition titles are shown in glow

I respectfully ask all members of the court to carefully consider it's merits and cast their vote accordingly.

WAIT!!
LOOPHOLE!!
I, Qwertyuiopas, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbedLOOPHOLE TIME,to the court to judge:
This post gains unlimited allowed proposed rule potential.
 A: does not count for points
 B: they are automatically accepted

Now the loophole:
They are merged into a single RULE, NOT a proposition, so now I have total control, so,
Now the loophole.

I, Qwertyuiopas, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed loophole results,to the court to judge:
The loophole problem is solved:
  a: a proposition with subsets is treated as a single proposition, not a single rule.
  b: my prior, strikethroughed, roposition is voted on as usual.
  c: the prior proposition-loophole-rule is reverted(non-retroactively)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 02:37:50 pm by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2008, 03:02:42 pm »

I, <Servant Corp>, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed <UNTITLED>, to the court to judge:                             
   <All players must submit at least one proposal per Turn.>                             
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2008, 03:23:05 pm »

I, Boksi, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed The Popular Vote Bonus, to the court to judge:                             
If a proposition passes or fails completely unanimously, it's proposer will be rewarded or punished by either gaining or losing twice as many points than they otherwise get.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2008, 05:08:55 pm »

I, Pandarsenic, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed THE SWEET RAVE PARTY PROPOSITION, to the court to judge:

"Any immutable rule with elements contrary to a mutable rule shall take precedence over that mutable rule."

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2008, 07:02:25 pm »

I, Cheeetar, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed Forum Title Change, to the court to judge:                             
   The title of this thread be changed to Meta-Slature (Bring your monocles)                             

If I'm only allowed one proposition per turn then I respectfully ask this to be disregarded.
I am aware that there is a limit of one proposition per turn but I'm trying to exploit my previous status of accidentally ignored.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 07:04:43 pm by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2008, 08:18:26 pm »

I, Armok, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed Board Basics A1, to the court to judge:                             

a.a) there is in the game a virtual board
a.b) the board has infinite size
a.c) the board is implied to contain a landscape
b.a) any player can place a unit on the board at any time for the cost of one (1) point
b.b) A player controls the actions of any unit they own
b.c) A player may not have more than 20 units on the board, nor may they place more than 5 units each turn.
c.a) all actions and events on the board must be RPed
c.b) RP must be according to common sense and must not be overpowered
c.c) what is sensible or overpowered is decided by the judge or by vote.
d.a) if a unit is killed, the player owning the unit who killed the other unit is rewarded 5 points.
d.b) if the unit killed and the unit killing it are owned by the same player, no points are rewarded.
d.c) Any action or even can be by RP implied by any player or non player at any one time, unless other rules or subsets of this rule states otherwise.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2008, 08:41:42 pm »

Armok: Turn based strategy RTD? >:3
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2008, 12:21:12 am »

I, webadict, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed Bonus Vote, to the court to judge:                             
   A.) During each turn, we are granted a bonus vote, toward whichever proposition the player chooses.
   B.) If a player does not use this bonus vote, it is saved and added to a bonus vote count.
   C.) The bonus vote count of any player cannot exceed the number of players minus 1, to ensure that no particular proposition is unchallengeable.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2008, 12:50:07 am »

Pandarsenic: no, Tacticus.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2008, 01:06:53 am »

Details, Armok?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2008, 01:09:50 am »

I, webadict, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed Bonus Vote, to the court to judge:                             
   A.) During each turn, we are granted a bonus vote, toward whichever proposition the player chooses.
   B.) If a player does not use this bonus vote, it is saved and added to a bonus vote count.
   C.) The bonus vote count of any player cannot exceed the number of players minus 1, to ensure that no particular proposition is unchallengeable.
With this proposition on, and you stockpiling, you could get any proposition passed if someone voted for it apart from you.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2008, 01:20:47 am »

With this proposition on, and you stockpiling, you could get any proposition passed if someone voted for it apart from you.
If others feel strongly against it, they can use their extra votes to downvote it. He didn't say it has to be an extra yes-vote
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2008, 03:44:48 am »

I, Frelock, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed Proposition on the Organization of Propositions, to the court to judge:                             

All subsets of a proposition or rule must relate very closely to the main proposition.
  a) Any subsets which are deemed irrelevant will be thrown out.
  b) A subset is deemed irrelevant if a majority of the players deem it to be so.
  c) Calling for a vote on relevance does not count as a player's proposition for the turn.
  d) Any subset of any rule or proposition, passed or pending, may be voted on.

All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25