Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: Meta-Slature (Bring your monocles!) [Turn 10, Phase II]  (Read 56456 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Meta-Slature (Bring your monocles!)
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2008, 11:22:28 pm »

308. Yes
309-315. No
316. Yes
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2008, 11:29:50 pm »

Subtotals
308. 3/5/1
309. 3/6
310. 6/2/1
311. 6/2/1
312. 6/2/1
313. 2/6/1
314. 5/3/1
315. 3/5/1
316. 2/6/1

Sorry about the double post.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2008, 10:17:43 am »

308 Nay
309 Nay

310 Aye
311 Aye
312 Aye
313 Aye
314 Aye
315 Aye
316 Aye(I'm all for dress codes. It is an insult upon the court, the players and yourself all to arrive improperly dressed)

[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2008, 12:09:55 pm »

Phase 3 - Execution

--Score--(At beginning of this Phase)
Tylui(Judge) | 0 points
sonerohi | 0 points
Armok | 0 points
webadict | 0 points
Pandarsenic | 10 points
Frelock | 10 points
Boksi | 10 points
Cheeetar | 5 points
Servant Corps | 15 points
qwertyuiopas | -5 points

Point Changes This Phase:

Servant Corps, +10, Passed Proposition
Boksi, +10, Passed Proposition
Pandarsenic, +10, Passed Proposition
webadict, +10, Passed Proposition
Cheeetar, -5, Failed Proposition
qwertyuiopas, -5, Failed Proposition
Armok, -5, Failed Proposition
Frelock, -5, Failed Proposition
Tylui, -5, Failed Proposition

--Ratified Propositions--

Servant Corps
310. All players must submit at least one proposal per Turn, otherwise they cannot participate in the rest of the phases for that turn.

Boksi
311. "The (Un)Popular Vote Bonus" If a proposition passes or fails completely unanimously, it's proposer will be rewarded or punished by either gaining or losing twice as many points than they would otherwise get/lose

Pandarsenic
312. "THE SWEET RAVE PARTY PROPOSITION" Any immutable rule with elements contrary to a mutable rule shall take precedence over that mutable rule.

webadict
314. Bonus Vote
   A. During each turn, we are granted a bonus vote, toward whichever proposition the player chooses.
   B. If a player does not use this bonus vote, it is saved and added to a bonus vote count.
   C. The bonus vote count of any player cannot exceed the number of players minus 1, to ensure that no particular proposition is unchallengeable.

--Falied Propositions--

Cheeetar
308. I propose that all amendments dubbed 'immutable' be removed of this status, to allow a more flexible rule set.

qwertyuiopas
309. "Glowy Proposition Names" All proposition titles are shown in glow

Armok
313. Board Basics A1
   A. The Board
      I. there is in the game a virtual board
      II. the board has infinite size
      III. the board is implied to contain a landscape
   B. The Players
      I. any player can place a unit on the board at any time for the cost of one (1) point
      II. A player controls the actions of any unit they own
      III. A player may not have more than 20 units on the board, nor may they place more than 5 units each turn.
   C. The Actions
      I. all actions and events on the board must be RPed
      II. RP must be according to common sense and must not be overpowered
      III. what is sensible or overpowered is decided by the judge or by vote.
   D. The Objective
      I. if a unit is killed, the player owning the unit who killed the other unit is rewarded 5 points.
      II. if the unit killed and the unit killing it are owned by the same player, no points are rewarded.
      III. Any action or even can be by RP implied by any player or non player at any one time, unless other rules or subsets of this rule states otherwise.

Frelock
315. "Proposition on the Organization of Propositions" All subsets of a proposition or rule must relate very closely to the main proposition.
   A. Any subsets which are deemed irrelevant will be thrown out.
   B. A subset is deemed irrelevant if a majority of the players deem it to be so.
   C. Calling for a vote on relevance does not count as a player's proposition for the turn.
   D. Any subset of any rule or proposition, passed or pending, may be voted on.

Tylui
316. "Monocle Avatars" Any Player who wishes to submit a Proposition must have a monocle in their avatar at the time of Proposal.  Otherwise, the Player must submit a detailed explanation as to why there is no monocle.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2008, 12:14:57 pm »

I, Servant Corps, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed Grammar Correction, to the court to judge:
The word "it's" shall be replaced by the word "its" in the phrase: 'I respectfully ask all members of the court to carefully consider it's merits and cast their vote accordingly.' This will change the sentence to mean "I respectfully ask all members of the court to carefully consider its merits and cast their vote accordingly."
I respectfully ask all members of the court to carefully consider it's merits and cast their vote accordingly.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2008, 12:23:55 pm »

Turn 3

Phase I - Proposition

Status

--Score--
Player NameScoreBonus Votes
Tylui(Judge)-5 points1 BV
sonerohi0 points1 BV
Armok-5 points1 BV
webadict10 points1 BV
Pandarsenic20 points1 BV
Frelock5 points1 BV
Boksi20 points1 BV
Cheeetar0 points1 BV
Servant Corp25 points1 BV
qwertyuiopas-10 points1 BV

Point Changes This Phase:

qwertyuiopas, +5, Fewest Points(R205)
Tylui, +5, Fewest Points(R205)
Armok, +5, Fewest Points(R205)
Servant Corps, +5, First Participant of Phase I(R202)

--Propositions--

Servant Corps
317. "Grammar Correction"
The word "it's" shall be replaced by the word "its" in the phrase: 'I respectfully ask all members of the court to carefully consider it's merits and cast their vote accordingly.' This will change the sentence to mean "I respectfully ask all members of the court to carefully consider its merits and cast their vote accordingly."
(The ratification of this Proposition will modify Rule 304)

Boksi
318. "Score Keeping" In the next turn, the players will elect someone in a simple majority election to the position of "Score Keeper". This title entails as follows:
   A: Duties
      I: The Score Keeper does not need to do his duties, but if he neglects them he gains none of the position's benefits that turn.
      II: The Score Keeper is charged with keeping track of votes for and against any election, proposition or other phenomenon currently being voted on.
      III: The Score Keeper is charged with acquiring any old information on votes when necessary.
   B: Benefits:
      I: Only the Score Keeper may be referred to as such. It is a title that carries great respect and misuse of it is punishable.
      II: For his service, the Score Keeper receives two(2) points each turn.
      III: The Score Keeper may boast a green() monocle in his avatar.
   C: Checks and Balances:
      I: The Score Keeper does not have any actual additional authority over his fellow players.
      II: A Score Keeper can hold other official positions, but it is itself an official position and so limits his choices.
      III: Once four(4) or more turns have passed since the Score Keeper's ascension, any player may call for a vote to replace him. Otherwise his term is indefinite.

Tylui
319. "Secret Ballot"
  A. There shall be two Ballot Collectors
    I. The first shall be The Judge
    II. The second shall be titled "The Collector"
      a. Each Player will nominate The Collector, and may change their nomination at any time.
      b. The Collector must agree to the nomination
      c. The consenting Player with the most nominations at the beginning of the Turn will become the Collector for that Turn
      d. In the event of a tie, the tied parties will all become Collectors for that Turn.
  B. During the Voting Phase, all Players must send their votes to any and all Collectors in a private manner.
  C. The Collectors will privately share the results, to ensure there is not corruption nor mischievous voting activity.
  D. The Collectors will then share the results with the rest of the Players

webadict
320. "Proposition Bonus Loser Vote" The player or players with the lowest amount of points are allowed an optional extra vote for their propositions during that turn.
A. If the player uses this vote, and the proposition does not pass, the player loses 5 more points.
B. If the player uses this vote, and the proposition passes, the player gains an additional 5 points.
C. This vote does not use a bonus vote nor does not using it give you a bonus vote.
D. This can only be used before the majority of players have voted.

qwertyuiopas
321. "sub-games"
A sub-game may be created that contains a ruleset separate from the main game.
  A: Sub-game rules can not have any effect on other sub games without direct allowances in both games
  B: Sub-game rules can not have any effect on the main game.
  C: Sub-games are not affected by the main ruleset(other sub-games' rulesets are covered in A)
  D: Participation in a sub-game is optional, and assumed to be not participating if a potential player has not stated otherwise.
  E: Bribery is allowed ("I'll give you a position of power in my sub game if you vote down proposition X")
  F: Creation of a sub-game requires a majority vote.
  G: A sub-game can be destroyed by a majority vote.
  H: Sub-game titles must be shown in a diffrent color.
  I: Sub-game rules and propositions must be clearly markes as so, and have no impact on the main rules, and do not count as propositions or rules in the context of the main thread.

Cheeetar
322. "Proposition Bonus Vote Equality"
If a proposition is passed with only two(2) people voting for and using their bonus votes to sway the voting then these bonus votes shall be disregarded and the proposition removed.

Pandarsenic
323. "Voting Color Coding" All voting must be colored coded such that a Yea/Yes is colored green and a Nay/No is colored red, with votes in other colors being disregarded.

Frelock
324. "Charity Points" Any player may give points they currently have to any other player.
 A. A player may give any amount of points they do so desire, provided that amount is greater than zero, and less or equal to than the player's current amount of points.
 B. The player receiving the points must state that they accept them by the end of the turn in which the points are given.
 C. The points are transferred at the end of the turn, after other point changes.
  I. If a player gives points multiple times in the same turn, the points are transferred in the order in which the points were accepted.
  II. If a situation arises in which a player attempts to give points they no longer have after other point changes, all their remaining points are given instead.
  III. A player may not give points they are expecting to receive after the point changes.
 D. The player giving the points may not withdraw the offer after the receiving player has accepted them.
 E. No reason need be given as to why points are transferred, nor is it unacceptable to demand things in exchange for points
  I. The receiving player is not obligated by this rule to follow the demands after the points are accepted.

Armok
325. "Board Basics A1 try 2"
   A. The Board
      I. there is in the game a virtual board
      II. the board has infinite size
      III. the board is implied to contain a landscape
   B. The Players
      I. any player can place a unit on the board at any time for the cost of one (1) point
      II. A player controls the actions of any unit they own
      III. A player may not have more than 20 units on the board, nor may they place more than 5 units each turn.
   C. The Actions
      I. all actions and events on the board must be RPed
      II. RP must be according to common sense and must not be overpowered
      III. what is sensible or overpowered is decided by the judge or by vote.
   D. The Objective
      I. if a unit is killed, the player owning the unit who killed the other unit is rewarded 5 points.
      II. if the unit killed and the unit killing it are owned by the same player, no points are rewarded.
      III. Any action or even can be by RP implied by any player or non player at any one time, unless other rules or subsets of this rule states otherwise.

Servant Corps, you jumped the gun a little bit, but oh well. :3  Also!  You should make it so the Proposition would give The Judge full power to modify the rules FOR GRAMMATICAL ERRORS ONLY.  That way we won't need to waste Propositions.

And I have a question for you all.  If you notice in the points changes, I gave 4 people the +5, even though the rules state lowest three.  The problem is that there were 3 people with the same number of points.  Was this okay? y/n?  We should Propose a clarification for it, once a consensus is reached.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 12:33:57 pm by Tylui »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2008, 12:42:24 pm »

I, Boksi, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed Score Keeping, to the court to judge:
In the next turn, the players will elect someone in a simple majority election to the position of "Score Keeper". This title entails as follows:
   A: Duties
      I: The Score Keeper does not need to do his duties, but if he neglects them he gains none of the position's benefits that turn.
      II: The Score Keeper is charged with keeping track of votes for and against any election, proposition or other phenomenon currently being voted on.
      III: The Score Keeper is charged with acquiring any old information on votes when necessary.
   B: Benefits:
      I: Only the Score Keeper may be referred to as such. It is a title that carries great respect and misuse of it is punishable.
      II: For his service, the Score Keeper receives two(2) points each turn.
      III: The Score Keeper may boast a green() monocle in his avatar.
   C: Checks and Balances:
      I: The Score Keeper does not have any actual additional authority over his fellow players.
      II: A Score Keeper can hold other official positions, but it is itself an official position and so limits his choices.
      III: Once four(4) or more turns have passed since the Score Keeper's ascension, any player may call for a vote to replace him. Otherwise his term is indefinite.
I respectfully ask all members of the court to carefully consider it's merits and cast their vote accordingly.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2008, 12:55:57 pm »

I, Tylui, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed Secret Ballot, to the court to judge:
Secret Ballot
  A. There shall be two Ballot Collectors
    I. The first shall be The Judge
    II. The second shall be titled "The Collector"
      a. Each Player will nominate The Collector, and may change their nomination at any time.
      b. The Collector must agree to the nomination
      c. The consenting Player with the most nominations at the beginning of the Turn will become the Collector for that Turn
      d. In the event of a tie, the tied parties will all become Collectors for that Turn.
  B. During the Voting Phase, all Players must send their votes to any and all Collectors in a private manner.
  C. The Collectors will privately share the results, to ensure there is not corruption nor mischievous voting activity.
  D. The Collectors will then share the results with the rest of the Players

This would do several things for us:
  • Free up lots of space on the board
  • Allow us to discuss Propositions before voting
  • No meta-voting(Oh, this one's losing anyway, so I'll vote no)
  • Possibly save people from getting angry at people down-voting their Proposition
  • Other things I can't think of right now.

EDIT: Wow Boksi, I think you and I were thinking of different solutions to the same thing.  Maybe.  They're kinda contradictory, huh?  Although, I like the monocle bit. ;)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 01:00:25 pm by Tylui »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2008, 01:08:10 pm »

I like to think that my way promotes transparency, while yours promotes privacy. Both have pros and cons. Let the mob decide!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2008, 01:52:48 pm »

I, webadict, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed Proposition Bonus Loser Vote, to the court to judge:

The player or players with the lowest amount of points are allowed an optional extra vote for their propositions during that turn.
A. If the player uses this vote, and the proposition does not pass, the player loses 5 more points.
B. If the player uses this vote, and the proposition passes, the player gains an additional 5 points.
C. This vote does not use a bonus vote nor does not using it give you a bonus vote.
D. This can only be used before the majority of players have voted.

My view? It'll help the losers. We need to help them get higher up.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2008, 05:09:32 pm »

I, Qwertyuiopas, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed sub-games, to the court to judge:

A sub-game may be created that contains a ruleset separate from the main game.
  A: Sub-game rules can not have any effect on other sub games without direct allowances in both games
  B: Sub-game rules can not have any effect on the main game.
  C: Sub-games are not affected by the main ruleset(other sub-games' rulesets are covered in A)
  D: Participation in a sub-game is optional, and assumed to be not participating if a potential player has not stated otherwise.
  E: Bribery is allowed ;)("I'll give you a position of power in my sub game if you vote down proposition X")
  F: Creation of a sub-game requires a majority vote.
  G: A sub-game can be destroyed by a majority vote.
  H: Sub-game titles must be shown in a diffrent color.
  I: Sub-game rules and propositions must be clearly markes as so, and have no impact on the main rules, and do not count as propositions or rules in the context of the main thread.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 05:33:39 pm by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2008, 05:17:54 pm »

You forgot to add "dubbed".

Now that I think about it, there's no failure clause in that rule, so nothing will actually happen to you...

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2008, 07:18:17 pm »

I, Cheeetar, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed Proposition Bonus Vote Equality, to the court to judge:                             
If a proposition is passed with only two(2) people voting for and using their bonus votes to sway the voting then these bonus votes shall be disregarded and the proposition removed.
I respectfully ask all members of the court to carefully consider its merits and cast their vote accordingly.   
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2008, 07:41:39 pm »

I, Cheeetar, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed Proposition Bonus Vote Equality, to the court to judge:                             
I respectfully ask all members of the court to carefully consider its merits and cast their vote accordingly.   
One or two, as some people can abstain from vote.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2008, 07:52:46 pm »

I, Pandarsenic, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed Voting Color Coding, to the court to judge:                             

All voting must be colored coded such that a Yea/Yes is colored green and a Nay/No is colored red, with votes in other colors being disregarded.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 07:59:51 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25