Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25

Author Topic: Meta-Slature (Bring your monocles!) [Turn 10, Phase II]  (Read 56433 times)

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Meta-Slature (Bring your monocles!)
« Reply #300 on: December 27, 2008, 05:19:57 am »

Respectfully If at all possible I would like to join this meta-slature
If this is allowably then,
 I, SombreChapaeu, hereby submit the following motion for the application of punishment for this game, this motion will be dubbed dubbed Slative Punishment, for the court to judge:                             
   This motion is set forth with the principle of creating a commitee of 3 members to form rules to bring up the Accusation, Trial, and Punishment of members of the group for various criminal acts to be defined by the Legislature.                       
   I respectfully ask all members of the court to carefully consider its merits and cast their vote accordingly.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 27, 2008, 09:52:52 am »

I, webadict, hereby submit the following proposition dubbed Type Additions, for the court to judge:

I. New types shall be added to the game:
  A. "active", "a": This Rule type is deemed "active"; This Rule may be used by a Player during any phase.
  B. "partially active #", "p#": This Rule type is deemed "partially active during Phase(s) #"; This Rule may only be used by a Player during the phases listed. (Ex. p1,2 is active during Phase 1 and 2.)
    i. If Phases are modified, then the Rule types may be modified so that the Rule makes sense in the Judge's mind.
  C. "endphase (#)", "e(#)": This Rule type is deemed "endphase (during Phase #)"; This Rule may only be used during the end of the or the Phase listed or, if no phase is listed, the end of the last Phase.
  D. "execution", "x": This Rule type is deemed "execution"; This Rule may only be used upon execution.
II. Rule types may be set during the Voting and Discussion Phase by the Player or the Rule types may be changed or set during the Execution Phase by the Judge (except for "immutable".)
III. Any Rule types that are attached to a proposition are taken into account when being Voted and Executed.

I respectfully ask all members of the court to carefully consider its merits and cast their vote accordingly.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 29, 2008, 12:17:46 pm »

Heyy everyone.  I'm going to be super busy for about a week or two.

I don't know whether you'd rather put this game on ice until I get back or elect a new Judge.

I'm really sorry about it all, but I have a lot on my plate after/during the holidays and stuff.  I'll be back eventually though!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #303 on: January 09, 2009, 08:05:39 am »

Been active recently, so
BUMPbumpbumpbumpbumpbump

Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 18, 2009, 08:06:03 am »

______/-\_______
(bump)
Eh?
Eh!

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 20, 2009, 11:47:50 am »

Turn 8

Phase II - Discussion

Status

http://www.lanimals.com/Other/metaslature/default.asp

Status Changes This Phase:

Tylui, Participation(R330)
Tylui, +5, First Participant(R202)
Pandarsenic, +2, Tylui's Mentor(R336)
Pandarsenic, Participation(R330)
qwertyuiopas, Participation(R330)

--Propositions--

qwertyuiopas
"alternate home" At any time a player may make a website, forum, or other suitable media to use as the home of this game.
   A. Before it may be used, the players must vote on it.
   B. The vote requires at least 80% to pass
   C. The following positions must unanimously accept for it to pass:
      I. the judge.
   D. The judge is required to check all data for consistancy after the move.
   E. If the vote does not pass, the alternate home is not used, and may not be voted on again for a period of 48 hours.

Tylui
"Clean Rules"
   A. Upon ratification of this Rule, the changes proposed in it shall be carried out, and then this Rule will be destroyed while its changes will remain in place.
   B. The following changes to the Rules shall be made:
      I. Any Rule that appears to be stricken out shall be instead removed entirely.
      II. Rule 305 will be removed without revoking its changes.
      III. Rule 317 will be removed without revoking its changes.
      IV. Rule 327 will be removed without revoking its changes.
      V. Rule 335 will be removed without revoking its changes.

Serg
"Masonry"
   A. Using 1 stone, a player is able to create a mason's workshop.
      I. The workshop must be declared in the proposition phase, after the player    has proposed a proposition.
      II. It takes 1 full turn to create the mason's workshop after it is declared.

Frelock
"Withdrawal" A player may, of their own volition, withdraw from the game.
   A. A player who withdraws has the same rights, privileges, and detriments as a player who has lost, with the following exceptions:
        I. A player who withdraws cannot use the provisions set down by rule 327 (Screw You Guys, I'm Going Home Rule).
      II. A player who withdraws may return as a new player after ___ turns have passed.
   B. A player withdraws from the game by posting: "I withdraw from this game."

Pandarsenic
"Icon"
   A. Upon the passing of this proposition, each player may submit a Logo or Icon (hereafter referred to as an "Icon" or a "candidate Icon") of the dimensions _ pixels by _ pixels to establish as the Official Icon of the Meta-Slature.
      I. Submissions are made to the judge via Private Message.
      II. Submissions are no longer permitted once the first discussion phase after the passing of this proposition has begun.
   B. In the first discussion phase after the passing of this proposition, all candidate Icons will be displayed.
   C. In the first voting phase after the passing of this proposition, in addition to voting on any propositions, etc., that require a vote to be taken, each player voting shall vote on an Icon to establish as the present Official Icon of the Meta-Slature.
      I. A player may vote for any candidate Icon other than the one he or she submitted.
      II. Bonus votes may not be applied.
      III. The voting will end at the conclusion of the voting phase during which the voting has occurred.
      IV. The Candidate Icon with the most votes shall be established as Official Icon of the Meta-Slature.
      V. The player whose Icon is selected will be awarded __ points for his or her contribution to the Meta-Slature.
   D. The established Official Icon shall be displayed at the top of the first post of the Meta-Slature Forum Thread.

@SombreChapaeu the syntax of that Proposition is wrong. :(

webadict
"Type Additions"
    A. New types shall be added to the game:
        I. "active", "a": This Rule type is deemed "active"; This Rule may be used by a Player during any phase.
        II. "partially active #", "p#": This Rule type is deemed "partially active during Phase(s) #"; This Rule may only be used by a Player during the phases listed. (Ex. p1,2 is active during Phase 1 and 2.)
            a. If Phases are modified, then the Rule types may be modified so that the Rule makes sense in the Judge's mind.
        III. "endphase (#)", "e(#)": This Rule type is deemed "endphase (during Phase #)"; This Rule may only be used during the end of the or the Phase listed or, if no phase is listed, the end of the last Phase.
        IV. "execution", "x": This Rule type is deemed "execution"; This Rule may only be used upon execution.
    B. Rule types may be set during the Voting and Discussion Phase by the Player or the Rule types may be changed or set during the Execution Phase by the Judge (except for "immutable".)
    C. Any Rule types that are attached to a proposition are taken into account when being Voted and Executed.

It's been awhile.  Thank you, qwerty, for the bumps.  I might not have come back except for that. -_-
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 05:09:15 pm by Tylui »

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 20, 2009, 12:04:38 pm »

qwertyuiopas
"alternate home"

I have the perfect place for it... But as I said earlier, my concerns are the fact that we might not get the same continued inflow of traffic like before.

Tylui
"Clean Rules"

This is the first step in my plan to massively restructure the Rules for ease of reading and ease of extendability.

Serg
"Masonry"

I guess it would be nice to do something with the random resources...

Frelock
"Withdrawal"

There's not really much of a point for this Rule.  If people use this, then they lose all of their stuff in case they ever want to come back...  Who would want to do that?

I think a completely different solution we need is to purge old, inactive people from the Player records.  Maybe 3 or 5 Turns old...?

Pandarsenic
"Icon"

I like it.  I'm totally putting it in my sig everywhere I go. :3

webadict
"Type Additions"

These are okay.  Maybe you could describe them a little more to help me understand the full impact and implications of the Proposition?

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 28, 2009, 03:32:39 pm »

So I realize I was gone for a long time, but I was hoping that at least qwerty would keep goin' with it, since he was bumping it. :P

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 28, 2009, 09:44:52 pm »

So how 'bout that Icon size, guys?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 29, 2009, 03:13:13 pm »

I don't know...
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 07, 2009, 10:27:30 am »

Bump and an answer:
No more than 80 pixels tall, but could be shorter(DF forums sig picture rule)
Eh?
Eh!

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 12, 2009, 11:31:59 am »

Alright so I wasn't going to advance until more people participated in the discussion phase, but I might just go ahead and skip it if nobody responds in awhile...

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 02, 2009, 05:04:30 pm »

Alright, I guess I've waited long enough. I suppose there won't be any more discussion!

Turn 8

Phase 2.5 - Voting

Status

http://www.lanimals.com/Other/metaslature/default.asp

Status Changes This Phase:

qwertyuiopas, Participation(R330)
qwertyuiopas, +5, First Participant(R202)
Tylui, Participation(R330)
Pandarsenic, +2, Tylui's Mentor(R336)
qwertyuiopas, Mining Operations(R350)
Tylui, Mining Operations(R350)

--Propositions--

352. "alternate home" At any time a player may make a website, forum, or other suitable media to use as the home of this game.
   A. Before it may be used, the players must vote on it.
   B. The vote requires at least 80% to pass
   C. The following positions must unanimously accept for it to pass:
      I. the judge.
   D. The judge is required to check all data for consistancy after the move.
   E. If the vote does not pass, the alternate home is not used, and may not be voted on again for a period of 48 hours.

353. "Clean Rules"
   A. Upon ratification of this Rule, the changes proposed in it shall be carried out, and then this Rule will be destroyed while its changes will remain in place.
   B. The following changes to the Rules shall be made:
      I. Any Rule that appears to be stricken out shall be instead removed entirely.
      II. Rule 305 will be removed without revoking its changes.
      III. Rule 317 will be removed without revoking its changes.
      IV. Rule 327 will be removed without revoking its changes.
      V. Rule 335 will be removed without revoking its changes.

354. "Masonry"
   A. Using 1 stone, a player is able to create a mason's workshop.
      I. The workshop must be declared in the proposition phase, after the player has proposed a proposition.
      II. It takes 1 full turn to create the mason's workshop after it is declared.

355. "Withdrawal" A player may, of their own volition, withdraw from the game.
   A. A player who withdraws has the same rights, privileges, and detriments as a player who has lost, with the following exceptions:
        I. A player who withdraws cannot use the provisions set down by rule 327 (Screw You Guys, I'm Going Home Rule).
      II. A player who withdraws may return as a new player after 3 turns have passed.
   B. A player withdraws from the game by posting: "I withdraw from this game."

356. "Icon"
   A. Upon the passing of this proposition, each player may submit a Logo or Icon (hereafter referred to as an "Icon" or a "candidate Icon") of the dimensions 80 pixels by 80 pixels to establish as the Official Icon of the Meta-Slature.
      I. Submissions are made to the judge via Private Message.
      II. Submissions are no longer permitted once the first discussion phase after the passing of this proposition has begun.
   B. In the first discussion phase after the passing of this proposition, all candidate Icons will be displayed.
   C. In the first voting phase after the passing of this proposition, in addition to voting on any propositions, etc., that require a vote to be taken, each player voting shall vote on an Icon to establish as the present Official Icon of the Meta-Slature.
      I. A player may vote for any candidate Icon other than the one he or she submitted.
      II. Bonus votes may not be applied.
      III. The voting will end at the conclusion of the voting phase during which the voting has occurred.
      IV. The Candidate Icon with the most votes shall be established as Official Icon of the Meta-Slature.
      V. The player whose Icon is selected will be awarded 15 points for his or her contribution to the Meta-Slature.
   D. The established Official Icon shall be displayed at the top of the first post of the Meta-Slature Forum Thread.

357. "Type Additions"
    A. New types shall be added to the game:
        I. "active", "a": This Rule type is deemed "active"; This Rule may be used by a Player during any phase.
        II. "partially active #", "p#": This Rule type is deemed "partially active during Phase(s) #"; This Rule may only be used by a Player during the phases listed. (Ex. p1,2 is active during Phase 1 and 2.)
            a. If Phases are modified, then the Rule types may be modified so that the Rule makes sense in the Judge's mind.
        III. "endphase (#)", "e(#)": This Rule type is deemed "endphase (during Phase #)"; This Rule may only be used during the end of the or the Phase listed or, if no phase is listed, the end of the last Phase.
        IV. "execution", "x": This Rule type is deemed "execution"; This Rule may only be used upon execution.
    B. Rule types may be set during the Voting and Discussion Phase by the Player or the Rule types may be changed or set during the Execution Phase by the Judge (except for "immutable".)
    C. Any Rule types that are attached to a proposition are taken into account when being Voted and Executed.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 12:15:40 pm by Tylui »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 02, 2009, 05:13:40 pm »

352. yes
353. no
354. yes
355. yes
356. no
357. no

(I think that was how voting worked...)
Eh?
Eh!

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 02, 2009, 05:23:21 pm »

Oh boy... Right back to my denying ways...

So I guess 80 by 80 was the agreed upon Icon size? Also, I'm putting in 15 points for the winner of the icon suggestion. We should have filled those out in the Discussion phase...

And as for the Withdrawal Prop, I'll say 3 turns. Any objections to those decisions just let me know and we can discuss.

352. Yes
353. Yes
354. No
355. No
356. Yes
357. No
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25