Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25

Author Topic: Meta-Slature (Bring your monocles!) [Turn 10, Phase II]  (Read 56407 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Meta-Slature (Bring your monocles!)
« Reply #255 on: December 22, 2008, 12:17:33 pm »

I, Pandarsenic, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed Just in Case, for the court to judge:

The players may, through a standard proposition, strip the judge and/or temporary judge of his or her title(s) and delegate a new judge if neither the judge nor a temporary judge has posted within the 48 hours prior to the proposition.
  a. This proposition is voted on during the stage in which it is proposed.

I respectfully ask all members of the court to carefully consider its merits and cast their vote accordingly.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 22, 2008, 04:12:33 pm »

So I'd like to get the next Phase started, but there're only 4 Propositions... That seems like too few, so I'll get that going here in a little while.

Let me know if you think I should wait, or just get it going now.

qwertyuiopas, you have incoming points from Servant Corps, but you need to approve the transfer in order for it to work, according to Rule 324.B

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 22, 2008, 04:24:55 pm »

You forget, Pandarsenic, that we cannot vote on a proposition without a judge to start the phases.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 22, 2008, 04:32:54 pm »

Replace the word 'proposition' to 'motion' then so that we can get around that.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 22, 2008, 05:23:27 pm »

Hmm... I'd like to get this moving.  If there are any other Propositions(anyone?  Fenrir?), please post them.

Serg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 22, 2008, 05:25:21 pm »

I, Serg, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed Mining Operations, for the court to judge:

I. Every player gets allocated a 3x3 grid.
   i. This grid is allocated 'filled in' with black squares.
      a. Black squares are resources hidden.
   ii. It is unable to determine the contents of a black square by looking at them.
II. Every 'yes' vote a player casts, open a random square.
   i. As soon as a square opens up, the contents are emptied into the vault of the player.
   ii. The previously black square becomes a period for compelete graphical purposes.
      a. Periods in squares have no uses, other then displaying that square has been opened up.
   iii. The square is decided through a random d9 roll, with the top row being ordered from left to right, 1 to 3. The second row is ordered left to right , 4 to 6. The third row is ordred left to right, 7 to 9.
   iv. If the rolled number matches an already opened square, nothing happens.
III. The resource that is added to the player's vault is determined by a d3 roll.
   i. A 1 or 2 is stone.
   ii. If a 3 is rolled, roll an additional d3.
      a. A 1 or 2 is stone.
      b. If an additional 3 is rolled, roll an final d3.
         1. A 1 or 2 is ore, while a 3 is a gem.
   iii. If the resource is stone, roll a d4.
      a. If the roll is a 1 or 2, the stone is non-economic, and has a resource value of 1.
      b. If the roll is a 3, the stone is economic, and has a resource value of 2.
      c. If the roll is a 4, the stone is unrefined coal, and has a resource value of 3.
   iv. If the resource is ore, roll a d4.
      a. If the roll is 1 or 2, the ore is copper, with a resource value of 5.
      b. If the roll is 3, the ore is tin, with a resource value of 7.5.
      c. If the roll is 4, the ore is iron, with a resource value of 10.
   v. If the resource is a gem, roll a d5.
      a. If the roll is a 1 through 4, the gem is sapphire, with a resource value of 10.
      a. If the roll is a 5, the gem is ruby, with a resource value of 15.
IV. Every 'no' vote a player casts, destroys a random square, replacing it with a black square.
   i. If the rolled number matches an already blackened square, nothing happens.

I respectfully ask all members of the court to carefully consider its merits and cast their vote accordingly.

I wasn't done, but I think I wrapped everything up...

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 22, 2008, 05:34:57 pm »

I, Frelock, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed Contracts, for the court to judge:

A contract is a binding agreement between two or more players.
 A. All players affected directly by the contract must agree to it.
   1. A player agrees to a contract by posting the exact wording of the contract with their name following.
   2. The text of the contract must be in a different form than the rest of the post (ie italics, bold, or in a quote tag), so that it is clear what is and what is not part of the contract.
 B. A contract must be exceedingly clear as to its purpose and execution, else the contract is null and void.
 C. Whatever terms are set down by the contract must be followed by all players involved in the contract.
 D. A contract may be voided if all parties who signed it agree that the contract is null and void.
 E. A player who is unable to follow the terms of the contract cannot participate until such time as when the contract is fulfilled or voided.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 05:36:49 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #262 on: December 22, 2008, 05:54:06 pm »

Might want to put something in there about needing all affected players to agree before the contract is used...
Eh?
Eh!

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 22, 2008, 05:57:23 pm »

I can't think of a proposition, so continue.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 22, 2008, 06:41:17 pm »

You forget, Pandarsenic, that we cannot vote on a proposition without a judge to start the phases.

Reread my proposition. My proposition is voted on out-of-phase by necessity, though we'll need to set it as immutable so it'll take precedence.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 22, 2008, 09:11:59 pm »

Turn 7

Phase II - Discussion

Status

http://www.lanimals.com/Other/metaslature/default.asp

Status Changes This Phase:

Tylui, Participation(R330)
Tylui, +5, First Participant(R202)
qwertyuiopas, Participation(R330)
Serg, Participation(R330)
Pandarsenic, Participation(R330)

--Propositions--

webadict
"EXP Share"
   A. If a Protege has less point than his or her Mentor, then one of the points the Mentor would normally receive is given to the Protege.
   B. If a Protege has an equal amount or more points than his or her Mentor, then the Protege gains an extra vote towards the Mentor's proposition.

qwertyuiopas
"removal of mentor loops" A mentor gains half points for mentoring someone if they themselves have a mentor.

Servant Corps Charity Points all points to qwertyuiopas

Tylui
"Win/Loss Conditions"
   A. Two new status objects with obvious names shall be added: Win Count and Loss Count.
   B. Wins
      I. Any Player with a Win Count greater than 0 shall receive the following benefits:
         a. They may make n time the number of Propositions during Phase I, where n = (Win Count).
         b. Their regular votes count n times, where n = (Win Count).
   C. Loss
      I. Any Player with a Loss Count greater than 0 shall receive the following malefits:
         a. When all marked status objects are reset according to Rule 328, the Player's Points will start at -(100*n), where n = (Loss Count)

Pandarsenic
"Just in Case"
   A. This rule does hereby establish the motion, a way of influencing the flow of the nomic other than a proposition.
      I. A motion may be made during any phase.
      II. Voting on a motion begins immediately after it is presented and ends when its fate is certain.
         a. The first condition that makes the fate of a motion certain is if every player has voted for it.
         b. The second condition that makes the fate of a motion certain is if those in favor or those against the motion already hold a majority, and no number of votes can cause a tie or give the opposition a majority.
      III. Bonus votes cannot be applied to motions.
      IV. The following motion(s) is/are permitted:
         a. The players may strip the judge and/or temporary judge of his or her title(s) and delegate a new judge if neither the judge nor a temporary judge has posted within the 48 hours prior to the proposition.
            i. If the motion succeeds, a 48-hour judge selection period follows, at the conclusion of which the player with the most votes for judgeship gains the position.
             ii. If the judge or temporary judge votes against this motion, it fails

Serg
"Mining Operations"
   A. Every player gets allocated a 3x3 grid.
      I. This grid is allocated 'filled in' with black squares.
         a. Black squares are resources hidden.
      II. It is unable to determine the contents of a black square by looking at them.
   B. Every 'yes' vote a player casts, open a random square.
      I. As soon as a square opens up, the contents are emptied into the vault of the player.
      II. The previously black square becomes a period for compelete graphical purposes.
         a. Periods in squares have no uses, other then displaying that square has been opened up.
      III. The square is decided through a random d9 roll, with the top row being ordered from left to right, 1 to 3. The second row is ordered left to right , 4 to 6. The third row is ordred left to right, 7 to 9.
      IV. If the rolled number matches an already opened square, nothing happens.
   C. The resource that is added to the player's vault is determined by a d46 roll.

Code: [Select]
Roll Resource Name Value
1-18 Non-Economic Stone 1
19-24 Economic Stone 2
25-27 Unrefined Coal 3
28-33 Copper Ore 5
34-37 Tin Ore 7
38-39 Iron Ore 10
40-43 Sapphire 10
44-45 Topaz 15
46 Ruby 20
   D. Every 'no' vote a player casts, destroys a random square, replacing it with a black square.
      I. If the rolled number matches an already blackened square, nothing happens.
   E.  First all yes votes are rolled and dug out, then all no votes are filled in.

Frelock
"Contracts" A contract is a binding agreement between two or more players.
   A. All players affected directly by the contract must agree to it.
      I. A player agrees to a contract by posting the exact wording of the contract with their name following.
      II. The text of the contract must be in a different form than the rest of the post (ie italics, bold, or in a quote tag), so that it is clear what is and what is not part of the contract.
   B. A contract must be exceedingly clear as to its purpose and execution, else the contract is null and void.
   C. Whatever terms are set down by the contract must be followed by all players involved in the contract.
   D. A contract may be voided if all parties who signed it agree that the contract is null and void.
   E. A player who is unable to follow the terms of the contract cannot participate until such time as when the contract is fulfilled or voided.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 11:50:17 am by Tylui »

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 22, 2008, 10:00:02 pm »

Mmkay...  So as I was my thoughts, it appears as though I'm being a hardass... :P

I just reeeeally enjoy clarity and perfection, and I swear it's not anything I have against you personally.

webadict
"EXP Share"

I like the ideas here, but I have a suggestion for changing it.  I think it would work better if these two laws were added in as subsets to the Mentor Rule.  That way the Rules aren't as cluttery and all over the place.

Also, the language needs to be cleared up...  "one of the points".  The points?  What the points?  Maybe you could put some formula here instead, like Ceiling((1/5)*(Points)) or if you meant this: "one of the two points that should be given to the Mentor according to Rule 336.C".

And as for the votes:  How about "Any votes by the Protégé on his Mentor's Propositions count twice".  I think that's what you meant, but the wording is slightly confusing to me.

qwertyuiopas
"removal of mentor loops"

Again, how about adding that to the Mentor Rules?

Also, this won't solve the Mentor LoopHole(hahaha, get it?). Consider this:

Player 1 =Mentor to=> Player 2 =Mentor to=> Player 3 =Mentor to=> Player 4

When Player 2 Participates, Player 1 will get 2 points, since Player 1 does not have a Mentor.
When Player 3 Participates, Player 2 will get just 1 point, since Player 2 also has a Mentor.
When Player 4 Participates, Player 3 will also get just 1 point.

See the problem? Meep.

Tylui
"Win/Loss Conditions"

I dunno.  I think this is kinda needed, but then again, I can think of a lot of other fundamental changes to the Rules that I'd rather see.  What do you guys think?

Pandarsenic
"Just in Case"

This is basically in place with Rule 331.  There's a subset to it that says a week.  Why not just change that to 48 hours instead?

Serg
"Mining Operations"

ARG THE ROLLING.

Pleeease, can we set up a table of rolls instead of trees of rolling?

Example: Roll 1d20.  The results will be as follows:

1 = stone, value 1
2 = stone, value 1
3 = stone, value 3
etc.

That would be so much easier on the eyes, and such an easier train of logic to follow.

Otherwise, I think it's a neat Proposition.

Frelock
"Contracts"

I most likely won't be using Contracts...  But possibly.

Also, very nicely executed.  Clear wording, etc.  Kudos.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #267 on: December 22, 2008, 11:17:09 pm »

Well, the thing is that you may end up with a mentor loop of a->b->c->a. The idea of mine is to use greed to discourage a small part, since one player will be at a disadvantage in a linear setup, but circular mentorship won't work as well anymore.

Also, a->b with b(or a?) splitting the points would be the same as a->b->a, except that it takes at least 3.
Eh?
Eh!

Serg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 22, 2008, 11:31:29 pm »

EXP Share: I don't ever see myself using mentors or protegés, but I think the passing of this proposal will cause too much power to go to those groups, possibly creating teams of 2+ that are able to create too much 'bonus' votes towards their own proposals. I will not vote for this in it's current form.

removal of mentor loops: I think that mentors shouldn't be able to be protegés and vice versa, but this is a nice step towards making it happen. I probably will not vote for it in it's current form.

Win/Loss Conditions: Because loss counters are not implemented yet, I am unable to vote for this, because in the future a proposition might pass with undesirable conditions for a loss to be enacted. Likewise, the power that a previous winner gets, (n number of votes and propositions? Way too many, except when the winner only wins once. Becuase then it is 1 and 1, but after that it becomes ridiculous.) Ontop of that, after a player gets a loss counter, it gives the players with a win counter too much advantage. I will not vote on this in it's current form.

Just in Case: The wording is too... confusing, mostly subsection A. Partially because it is called a 'standard proposition,' that is 'voted  on during the stage in which it is proposed.' I might not vote for this in it's current form, but it just needs a minor change of names for the 'proposition,' to something like 'motion,' as previously suggested.

Mining Operations: Reading Tylui's suggestion for my proposal makes sense, if only for the operator of the game to have an easier time of figuring out the actual mining processess and such, and it was partially completed, because I meant to include the order in which the mining operations happen and such. I will vote no, actually, just because I don't want to make Tylui have a hard time. (I'm pretty sure I can't edit propositions during discussion/voting)

Contracts: This totally brings all the fun out of politics, I am unable to vote for this proposition because of B, C, and E. If those were edited or removed, I would have to reconsider it.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 22, 2008, 11:37:40 pm »

We can amend in this phase, right? <_< I haven't kept up with new rules too closely; I remember discussion of it but I don't remember if we did anything about an amendyphase.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25