Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarven Superweapons!!!  (Read 2369 times)

Brdn666

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerlord
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
Dwarven Superweapons!!!
« on: November 24, 2008, 09:04:53 pm »

What kind of dwarven superweapons do you build? A superweapon is a weapon that kills everything and then kills some more. A basic example would be flooding the world with magma or collapsing the whole top z.
The only thing that's not afraid of a dragon is a marksdwarf.
Or maybe a mechanic, if given enough time to prepare.

Axe27

• Bay Watcher
  • Put down the crossbow
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Superweapons!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 10:07:02 pm »

What kind of dwarven superweapons do you build? A superweapon is a weapon that kills everything and then kills some more. A basic example would be flooding the world with magma or collapsing the whole top z.

Well....Not really. My most overpowered weapon ever was the atom smasher drawbridges...but that's that.

Then, there's that giant arrow I used to destroy the fort. THAT was epic.
And thus did the dream of dwarven antigravity fade away, not with a massive explosion or a flood of magma, but with a whimper.

I'm going to be depressed all day now.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 11:50:29 pm »

My current projct is a massive drowning chamber.

Goblins and elves go in, bloated corpses come out.
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 12:08:00 am »

Whats my Superweapon?

Rabid 'Re-trained' Elves. I set 'em loose on goblins, and other Elves. And then the body disposal is handled right after. They sure do like their snacks.

AlienChickenPie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 12:57:46 am »

Whats my Superweapon?

Rabid 'Re-trained' Elves. I set 'em loose on goblins, and other Elves. And then the body disposal is handled right after. They sure do like their snacks.
Retrained=locked alone until insane, caged and let loose on demand?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 01:11:43 am »

Yeah, pretty much. Its at LEAST fun to send 'em out and whoop other elves.

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 01:32:23 am »

cats and cats and more cats, they can slow time to a halt.
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 01:53:56 am »

No. Thats a DOOMSDAY weapon, not a superweapon. It helps no one at all. Where Superweapons either help you, or them.

Go find a Doomsday Weapons thread.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 02:01:03 am »

No. Thats a DOOMSDAY weapon, not a superweapon. It helps no one at all. Where Superweapons either help you, or them.

They can be converted. Fiddle with the raws. Nuclear catsplosion, only around the enemy. "plant charges" build cages. "Arm weapons" Release cast, pause, "Fire" Edit raws.

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 02:18:42 am »

Good point! I was wondering why my SUPERCATCATCATCATKITTENCATKITTENCAT:ALLYOURBASEAREBELONGSTOKITTENSCATSWEAPON horribly backfired.
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

FellMoodFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 02:49:31 am »

I've got a multi-part entrance drowning chamber [though still working the bugs out] that's worked wonders on Orc sieges.  The entire thing is shaped a bit like a question mark, rotated left 90 degrees.  Inside the hook is the trade depot.  Bridges can raise to block off the depot, the entrance, and the path into the fortress.  Then the pumps begin to fill up the area, as archers fire from the second level above.  Once it starts to hit 7/7, bridges snap shut up top, ensuring the orcs are trapped to drown.  I've withstood three sieges with it.

The first siege [16 orcs] had problems on account of the levers being too close to the action.  Started to drown my fort before I called that off and sent in the military.
The second siege [38 orcs] had problems as I was midway through redesigning the entrance and missed a broken-down wall, resulting in drainage.  A few orcs drowned by the pumps, but not enough.
The third and latest siege [77 orcs!! Five of them legendary! (one escaped)] did quite well for itself.  I thinned out their numbers at the first gate, then let them in, successfully trapped them in the drowning chamber, and drowned/shot them to death.
I'm currently evaluating the possibility of using my magma pool after cleaning up around 90 large leather loincloths.
The denser the dwarf, the more likely he'll survive his stupidity.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 08:55:14 am »

whats the point to mod in superstrong enemys because goblins are to weak, and then build again a superstrong trap device that even 100 dragons and bronze colossus would die like crap :>
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 12:25:32 pm »

whats the point to mod in superstrong enemys because goblins are to weak, and then build again a superstrong trap device that even 100 dragons and bronze colossus would die like crap :>

It's fun drowning badasses like kittens?

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 07:19:22 pm »

Damn. um.... how do I respond to that...

???

OH! Now I remember what I did.
Used a looooooooong hallway as the entrance to my base, which, by the way, is completely self-sustaining from the inside, (except for wood) and built a magma pump with a chamber in it (so I can only release 7 1-level magma on them, kind of like magma rain) over the hallway every 10 feet or so. when they come about halfway through, I have the levers pulled, which also closes a bauxite bridge on my side.
    Its unbelivably cool to see almost 50 grullocks (Edited the mod) run down the hallway as fast as they can, with molten rock dripping down on them and smoke all around. Mostly they only get minor-injuries and retreat immediatly, which is good because i'm planning a huge-scale battle with them, with seige engines and everything, and from what I heard, you can kill the whole population of seigers if your not carefull.

EDIT: Not really a super weapon, but is overly complicated and doesn't work 60 percent of the time.

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 07:44:07 pm »

I built an ice cannon once. It was just an experiment not part of any defences. When fired it would encase everything within 3 tiles in ice.
Pages: [1] 2