Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarven Superweapons!!!  (Read 2370 times)

E-mouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Superweapons!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 07:53:18 pm »

I built an ice cannon once. It was just an experiment not part of any defences. When fired it would encase everything within 3 tiles in ice.
That sounds cool (no pun intended). How'd you do it?

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 08:12:30 pm »

I built an ice cannon once. It was just an experiment not part of any defences. When fired it would encase everything within 3 tiles in ice.
That sounds cool (no pun intended). How'd you do it?

enough pressure to get the water out 3 tiles before it freezes, just a simple cistern and a floodgate (both underground) should be enough
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2008, 08:18:18 am »

1) close drawbridge behind attackers, close floodgates in front, blocking ramp down and fortifications from flooding

2) unleash 7 levels of water pressure at the end of the hallway. invaders are flushed into very very deep pits either side of the entrance.

its been set up in the same fort for years, but the only time ive actually used it, some goblins survived due i think to some water at the bottom of the pits, which served as a drain for some other projects. even very injured, they made a fighting stand against some batmen who decided to come in to see where all the water was coming from (it all drained into an underground chasm)

i turned on the water again and they fell off the edge. good times.

also caught 3 giant cave spiders and tamed them with the dungeon master, then wasted them by letting the dwarves adopt them as pets. the one mason, who likes giant cave spiders for some silly reason, has them following him around. if i cant cage and unleash them on invaders/unarmed prisoners, ill probably turn their owner into a military dwarf and see if they follow him into combat.

Inquisitor Saturn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 11:52:51 am »

Whats my Superweapon?

Rabid 'Re-trained' Elves. I set 'em loose on goblins, and other Elves. And then the body disposal is handled right after. They sure do like their snacks.

Can you do that with invaders, or traders only?

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 12:17:54 pm »

'Hey, ever get the feeling this huge entrance tower is just a ploy to get us all in one vertical space and plunge us into the volcano below?'

'...You worry too much, Bob.'
Pages: 1 [2]