Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Bay12 Court: OH GOD PLEASE JUST JOIN  (Read 22214 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bay12 Court: OH GOD PLEASE JUST JOIN
« on: November 24, 2008, 08:08:44 pm »

Okay, people, this is a continuation of what became a forum game in the midst of someone's topic about morality in the judicial system. The idea is that we'll all run a trial with a fabricated murder case. How we get the case hasn't really been settled yet. Fishersalwaysdie and Cthulhu are both in positions to make up a case, so they could just fabricate one via private messages. We'd still probably need a few people to be the witnesses, though, so that position's open.

Court is now in session!!

Judge: Inaluct

Case: [THE CASE]

Head Defense: Xotes
Defense:
  • penguinofhonor
              - Maurice, Sidekick

Head Prosecution: Workerdrone
Prosecution:
  • Workerdrone again

Jury:
  • Alexhans
  • Org
  • mainiac
  • Aqizzar
  • Little

WITNESSES:  READ THIS LINK FIRST

Witnesses for the Plaintiff

Mack
You were the turtle at the bottom of the stack. You felt as if you were being bullied by the king and were afraid to object until you couldn't stand it any longer. Some day, you know in your deepest soul that you will lead a revolution of the proletariat against the tyrant Yertle, and all the bourgeois decadency he stands for. Viva La Revolución!
Person pretending to be a turtle: Webadict

George Snapper
You are a member of the Turtle Council. You have been elected by all the turtles and feel a responsibility to make sure that they are all treated fairly. You feel that King Yertle often thinks only of himself and ignores the rights and needs of others.
Person pretending to be turtle: Webadict

Yolanda
You work for Yertle as his assistant. You're probably from El Salvador, and your sending money back home to feed your starving children.
Person pretending to be Salvadorian: Webadict

Lyn Lizard
You are a physician who specializes in the treatment of reptiles. You have been Sadie's doctor since the day she was hatched and know that she has always been a healthy turtle. After she fell off the stack of turtles and into the pond, you examined her and determined that there was a thin crack in her shell, and that she could never find love, or watch sunsets.
Person pretending to be a lizard: Webadict

Sadie
You hurt your shell when you fell from the stack of turtles that Yertle ordered you to be a part of. You do not think that it was fair that Yertle told you to climb up on the other turtles, but you obeyed because your parents had always told you to respect your elders and royalty. Now you have a serious shell injury, etc.

Slither
You are Sadie's mother, and you are very upset. Your beautiful young daughter was injured because a tyrant ordered her to climb onto a stack of turtles. Yertle did not use good judgment blah blah blah

Witnesses for the Defense

Mertle
You are Yertle's sister, and you believe that Yertle has a traditional right to tell other turtles what to do. You're like Marie Antoinette.
Person pretending to be bourgeois:

Dr. Sam
You are the royal physician, and you are a turtle. You have taken care of the royal family for many years and are an expert in turtle health, including the resistance, durability, and recuperative powers of the turtle shell. You want the jury to know that Dr. Lyn is nothing but a thin-skinned lizard who is hardly qualified to treat turtles, but you're afraid that they might be put off by your blatant fucking racism.
Person pretending to be a racist: Cheeetar

Yertle
You are a crazy tyrant, but you're a pretty good guy, deep down. Those assholes cannot fucking sue you. You are king. Fuck them. Since when did they have rights?
Person pretending to be a turtle: SombreChapeau

Hector
You are an old turtle and know what the kingdom was like a long time ago. Today, some turtles think that they do not have to obey the rule of the king. They are wrong. God save the queen, wot wot
Person pretending to be a turtle: Vlynndar

Frank Flycatcher
You are Yertle's best friend. You believe that he really cares about the people in his kingdom. When he is bored, he sometimes does foolish things. It isn't his fault. We all make mistakes, right?
Person pretending to be a frog, or whatever:

Bailiff:
Court Illustrator: Chaoticjosh
Victim Guy:
Defendant:

Up to 12 jurors can serve. 4 people per team.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 12:44:39 am by inaluct »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Court: Seeking Witnesses
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 08:14:33 pm »

Count me in as a juror.  Sounds fun.  How much of this is just going to be posturing and bluster, and how much actual predetermined evidence?  Are you going all LCS here?

I'm actually planning to run for a county level justice position in 2010.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 08:22:42 pm »

It might end up being mostly posturing, or it might be predetermined stuff. It depends on how the people doing the case put it together.

Anyway, good luck in your election. When you take over that county, then that state, then the country, I'll be able to say that I was one of your advocates in the beginning.

That way, the stormtroopers won't summarily execute me for being a civilian guerrilla, or some other paranoid charge.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 08:23:52 pm »

i would like to be a witness.

EDIT: just one question will i get pm'd information on how i should act when i give my testimony? like say for example say the defense is my brother and i dont want him to go to jail/get executed etc. and will lie a bit? or do i make that up?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 08:28:57 pm by Dragooble »
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 08:30:52 pm »

Anyway, good luck in your election. When you take over that county, then that state, then the country, I'll be able to say that I was one of your advocates in the beginning.

That way, the stormtroopers won't summarily execute me for being a civilian guerrilla, or some other paranoid charge.

Stormtroopers?  Pfft.  Aqizzar's Platform: No Fat Chicks
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 08:34:08 pm »

Okay, I support that.

Anyway, here's what I'm thinking we should do; the witnesses, victim, and defendant should all PM each other and work out the case. The victim should probably be the main one on this, and should know everything. The witnesses should know what they witnessed, but not all the other stuff. The defendant should know if he's guilty or not, and where he was and what he was doing at the time of the crime.

The jurors should know nothing. Me and the bailiff should know nothing. The defense and prosecution attorneys should know only what the witnesses tell them. The defendant obviously can talk to the defense. Witnesses and the defendant should probably be truthful to the attorneys. You guys can work out what you'll say.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 08:43:18 pm »

I guess I will join in on this, with no clue to how it would work...
Eh?
Eh!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 08:50:04 pm »

If you're looking for a premade case, here's one I did in high school for the Arizona Mock Trial.  It has witness affidavits, evidence, statutes, the works.  You can also browse other year's cases here.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 09:00:19 pm »

What position, qwerty?

Good idea with the mock trial thing, Frelock. I'm going to let the witnesses/case guys decide on it.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 09:14:55 pm »

What would you recommend?
Eh?
Eh!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 09:55:42 pm »

I know nothing, so Jury seems nice. Plus, all you have to do is just communicate with your fellow Jurors once the evidence is presented. Okay.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 10:00:09 pm »

We the jury find this courthouse guilty of all crimes.

This should be fun. It's going to be a standard internet debate, only structured.

Are there going to be mafia-style guys suggesting it would be a shame if anything happened to my car, or what would happen to my family if I were to die...?

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 11:42:49 pm »

I don't like being the only Phoenix Wright... er... defense attorney. Someone help me.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 11:57:14 pm »

Neonivek is with you (actually, he's the head defense attorney).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 12:00:24 am »

And I'm a Juror!

Hey! Hey! Judge! Judge! Where are the nachos?! I really want some nachos!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19