Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Glass Fort  (Read 11080 times)

Splendiferous

• Bay Watcher
  • Psychotic. Primate.
    • View Profile
Re: Glass Fort
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2009, 11:48:27 am »

thank you for this mod.
"He returns once every thousand years! Or if the stars align! Or whenever he's bored."

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2009, 07:44:09 pm »

DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Splendiferous

• Bay Watcher
  • Psychotic. Primate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2009, 10:29:16 pm »

although, if I may give one piece of advice, make tempered glass the same value as steel, otherwise at the embark screen, we'll be paying 550 for an axe.
"He returns once every thousand years! Or if the stars align! Or whenever he's bored."

Sinergistic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2009, 12:23:49 am »

To: Sinerjistic:

No, what I'm saying is that /blocks don't work/.

Alright, I see now, sorry for misunderstanding.

Make a new copy of DF and try just adding the basic bed reactions, and see if you can make them then.

You might also try changing the needed materials to make the beds from blocks to raw green glass and see if that works.

To be honest, and I appreciate the effort put forth by the author, the whole glass/metal stuff seems unnecessary in my opinion. I mean, if you REALLY want EVERYTHING made of glass, alright, but 'eh'.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2009, 01:16:16 am »

although, if I may give one piece of advice, make tempered glass the same value as steel, otherwise at the embark screen, we'll be paying 550 for an axe.
Interesting tidbit: This actually means you get more points by default, as it takes what it can find of default gear and then gi'es you two hundred points on top of that to work with- so if your default gear is better, it actually is advantageous.

This means ('nilla+CIV_CONTROLLABLE)humans and gobbos start with fewer points by those 400 in their now-iron axes, for instance, goblins more so for lacking the plants and drinks...and elves get practically none at all.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

LordZabujca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2009, 05:57:07 am »

I love glass, and I think the options this mod provides were sorely missing, so great job! Still, I'd still like to see one more option implemented - turning stones into sand for glassmaking. Maybe as a part of such chain: stone+bag --mill--> crushed stone in a bag --alchemists lab (or somewhere else if implementing this here is impossible)--> sand in a bag? So far I can get by by making all my soil a viable source of sand, but this kind of feels like cheating. I could technically look for a location that has sand from the start, but sadly the finder doesn't allow for this option and looking for the perfect spot manually is pretty time consuming.

Hamster Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2009, 08:38:54 am »

I agree, it would be nice if there was a way to produce sand on a non-sandy map, but I don't think there's a way to do it yet... except maybe a smelter reaction to produce a sandbag? I'll have to look into it, since as they say, you can make ANYTHING in the smelter.
So there's that, as well. It looks like the only chronic problems that water can't cure are nausea and cave spider bites.
Which, coincidentally enough, can be cured by magma.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2009, 05:27:03 am »

I think there's an issue with it because while you can make it make a bag, or sand, or a bag and sand, I don't think you can make it generate a bag with sand in it.

If you could, then you could make barf bags too, as infamously vomit is one of the producible things.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2009, 03:55:05 am »

I think there's an issue with it because while you can make it make a bag, or sand, or a bag and sand, I don't think you can make it generate a bag with sand in it.

If you could, then you could make barf bags too, as infamously vomit is one of the producible things.

Currently you cannot(to my knowledge) make a smelter reaction produce a container+contents. If you have it make simply sand, it will fall to the floor and 'spill' like blood or vomit. If you have it make a bag, it will just be an empty bag.
Pages: 1 2 [3]