Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: RTD - Into the Depths!  (Read 36282 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Into the Depths!
« Reply #165 on: December 08, 2008, 10:56:21 am »

I whip the ogre.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 08, 2008, 12:01:43 pm »

Yay, clericy powers. ;D
Two questions though: Am I allowed to kill live plants for food if I am not in immediate danger of starving, and am I allowed to help allies kill (IE, by distracting the enemy, or casting some sort of helpful spell like Dwarven Strength)?

For my action, I continue praying, thanking Levia and acknowledging that I will not harm a living creature save in self-defense or absolute necessity. I then humbly ask what powers she has granted me besides the ability to heal others.

I then wear my belt.

Banzayatc, you might not want to duel wield those axes without more practice. If you get two rolls to hit, then you have a 75% chance on each attack turn to critically fail (3-2=1).

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 08, 2008, 08:57:27 pm »

1) You are allowed to kill plants as they do not count on Levia's list of living beings.

2) You can help your allies as that is expected of you, but you must not land the killing blow. (You can be a distraction or cast benefits on others.)

And I agree with Nirur Torir, you shouldn't dual wield until you know how to effectively. The benefits of using a second weapon at the same time can be great, but is otherwise a bad idea to start off like that.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 09, 2008, 02:13:41 am »

Hmm... You have a point... but no. I'm feeling lucky. Besides, the best practice is real battle. So I'll attack the ogre. Nay, that's not interesting. I'll throw my axes at the ogre, then leap (shapeshifting into a wolf) at him and tear his throat out.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 09:41:40 am by Banzayatc »

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 09, 2008, 09:42:40 am »

Changed the action. I hope I'm not too late.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 09, 2008, 09:46:49 am »

Update is tomorrow. And how will you shapeshift? You dont have that ability, at least not yet.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 09, 2008, 09:52:45 am »

Well, at least I'll try. My amulet might help, since its druidic and everybody knows druids can shapeshift (at least from level 5).

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 09, 2008, 10:40:51 am »

Well, at least I'll try. My amulet might help, since its druidic and everybody knows druids can shapeshift (at least from level 5).
He has a point.

It'd be like the equivalent of me knowing how to SEARCH OUT A FRICKIN' ROOM AS I'M A BEGGAR/DRUNKARD/PROBABLY MURDERER! How I found nothing is completely unknown to me.

If he fails, shapeshift his guts to the outside.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 11, 2008, 04:39:13 am »

You didn't find anything because you didn't know you were a beggar/drunkard/probably murderer before. And heres the turn:

Cheeetar: (2+1 = 3) You move silently through the door after hearing the sounds of the ogre growling but as you turn the corner, (5) it is distracted by pandarsenic making sudden movements. You sneak up behind it expertly and decide to go for brain damage! (4) Its skull is a lot thicker than you realised and (3) you only make it mad! (+1 to the ogre's damage roll against others)

Pandarsenic: (2) You fumble with your staff as you try to hide behind your shield and attack the ogre at the same time. Not really elegant there...

Akroma: (2) You follow cheeetar and see the enraged ogre. You try to calm it down but know nothing of Ogre minds.

Banzayatc: (1) You manage to trip yourself with your axes. (+1 to hit against you for this turn) Nice one.

Webadict: (6) Running after Akroma, you run so fast that you bash into the wall across the door! (6) You just bounce off it though. As you rub your head in embarassment you hear a loud growl coming from the left corridor...

Nirur Torir: (4) You pray to Levia and she answers; "I ahve provided nothing else to you for the time being. You must prove yourself though actions if you wish to have more." Hearing this, you decide to do nothing else for a bit and while thinking of what to do you put your utility belt on around your waist.

(6) The ogre yells loudly and attempts to smash its club on Banzayatc who is prone on the floor! (6+1 = 6) It smashes it's club right onto poor ban's head! (+1 to its damage roll) (2+1+1 = 4) Ban suffers a fractured skull and is knocked unconcious. (-2 to all actions)

OH SHIT! RANDOM EVENT! (2) Two yellow bloodshot eyes appear in the darkness of the left corridor. Webadict is a bit worried.

-------------------------

Status':

Ogre:
Wields a large wooden club
3 broken ribs, large burn on lower body

Akroma:
Tough, proficient in psychology
Items: Has a burning torch in hand, Pack with food in it, 2 water canteens
Wearing: A masterpiece leather chestpiece (+1 to damage rools to your chest and arms), a pair of standard leather gloves, decent quality leather chaps and magically enchanted leather high boots of dexterity (+1 to dexterity dependant actions)
Wounds: Unharmed

Nirur Torir:
Agile, Disciple of Levia (+1 to actions involving Levia's help)
Items: Pack with food in it, 2 water canteens, ulility belt (not worn), rope over shoulder (break resistant)
Wielding: A steel flanged mace (+1 to damage), Steel bladed dagger, steel rimmed wooden buckler

Webadict:
Agile, Can withstand large amounts of alcohol, was a beggar in life (+1 to searching)
Items: Pack with food in it, 2 water canteens
Wielding: a torturers whip
Wounds: Small bruise on left arm

Banzayatc:
Lucky, +1 to healing with amulet
Items: Pack with food in it, 2 water canteens, utility belt (not worn)
Wielding: steel battle axe and a steel hatchet (both +1 to damage) (-2 to hit because of dual wielding)
Wearing: Amulet of Natures love (wearer can heal other peoples wounds over time, wearer is always at peace with animals and will not be attacked by them unless they strike first, wearer is resistant to poisons of all kinds)
Wounds: Fractured skull, unconcious (-2 to all actions)

Pandarsenic:
Lucky, basic necromancy
Items: Pack with food in it, 2 water canteens
Wielding: A decent quality necromancers staff, A steel masterpiece tower tower shield (+ 2 to block if specified in action, +1 if not)

Cheetar:
Knows how to fight with one handed swords and daggers, knows how to sneak, knows how to make different basic poisons, bad attitude to unuseful people (-1 to charisma)

Friendly NPC's: None

Food: 13 turns left
Water: 16 turns left

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 11, 2008, 06:04:50 am »

I sneak into the shadows, watching for a opportunistic attack while any hostile creature is distracted.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 11, 2008, 07:15:38 am »

Oh noes. Well, I use the amulet to heal myself.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 08:15:26 am by Banzayatc »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 11, 2008, 07:30:40 am »

You cant stealth in combat.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 11, 2008, 08:13:20 am »

New Action!
I run around the ogre, trying to confuse it.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 11, 2008, 08:32:47 am »

I try to set the ogre on fire with my torch
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 11, 2008, 09:15:26 am »

I didn't even try to whip the ogre...?

I whip something evil
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23