Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: RTD - Into the Depths!  (Read 36236 times)

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Into the Depths!
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2008, 11:14:01 am »

And unless you are proficient in fighting with two weapons at once, it would not be wise to do so. Friendly advice, as you may hit yourself or worse.

I feel lucky 8). So gimme the two axes. Though I'll change to something like "bestial fighting style" (like tearing people apart with bare hands or biting their throats) after a while. I hope I'll develop some shapeshifting ability later.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 03:27:55 pm by Banzayatc »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2008, 03:25:21 pm »

I open any other doors that have yet to be opened.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2008, 09:12:50 pm »

Turn here!

Turn 3:

Pandarsenic: (5 - 1 (basic necromancy is still basic) - 1 (You'll see why later)) You raise your hand and point it at the corpse, commanding it to rise under your control as you zap it with necro energy! The corpse shudders for a few seconds but doesn't move anymore than that. You realise that the necromantic energy needs something to focus it out of, like a staff or some other item. You are more experienced in the more complex uses of necromancy though! (two more successful initial results and you get a failsafe)

Banzayatc: (6) You grab one of the utility belts and then grab the two one handed axes. One is a steel battle axe and one is a steel hatchet, both well made and designed so they can do extra damage. (+1 to danage with either axe), but using both at this time when you are so inexperienced is a bad idea. (-2 to hit when dual wielding)

Akroma: (6) You quickly release the prisoner and catch his attention. Performing a complex series of psychologic techniques, you find out that he knows nothing of interest except that he also is here because of treason and was thrown in here also to get the treasure. He decides to come with the group.

Nirur Torir: (5) You quickly grab the one handed mace (a steel flanged mace (+1 to damage)), a utility belt, a dagger (a normal steel bladed dagger) and sling the rope over your shoulder. The rope appears to be of good make too and is resistant to snapping, even with its old age.

Webadict: (5) You calmly walk over to the first left hand door and open it fearlessly, brandishing your whip! It leads to (3) a bedroom with a kitchen in it. It must be where the late torturer lived. There is some furniture in the room which you want to take a closer look at.

Statuses:

Akroma:
Tough, proficient in psychology
Items: Has a burning torch in hand, Pack with food in it, 2 water canteens
Wounds: Unharmed

Nirur Torir:
Agile
Items: Pack with food in it, 2 water canteens, ulility belt (not worn), rope over shoulder (break resistant)
Wielding: A steel flanged mace (+1 to damage), Steel bladed dagger

Webadict:
Agile
Items: Pack with food in it, 2 water canteens
Wielding: a torturers whip

Banzayatc:
Lucky
Items: Pack with food in it, 2 water canteens, utility belt (not worn)
Wielding: steel battle axe and a steel hatchet (both +1 to damage) (-2 to hit because of dual wielding)

Pandarsenic:
Lucky, basic necromancy (needs focusing device)

Unclaimed character:

Food: 16 turns left (you all decided to give the prisoner extra food to get his strength up)
Water: 7 turns left

------------------------------

How was that for a turn? And yes there is a FREE SPOT for who ever wants to join! First in, best served so type fast!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2008, 09:18:18 pm »

I tear open the torturer and make his skull and his femur into a necromantic staff.  ;D
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2008, 09:30:53 pm »

I open the remaining two cabinets. I'm afraid of the jars; you're probably trying to kill me.

Will I suffer any penalties for defensively using a dagger in my off-hand, or do I need to find some time to practice at some point?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2008, 10:48:44 pm »

Dude, your dual wielding while inexperienced in dual weilding, of course it will have bad effects. -2 to hit while dual wielding, remember? It is probably in your best interests to practice at some point before going into combat while dual wielding.

And the jars may not be all that bad, only the dice know...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2008, 11:15:12 pm »

Ah. Sorry, I misunderstood, and thought that it was just while attacking with both. Alright, if I get attacked, I'll just use the mace for now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2008, 01:10:47 am »

I'll explore/dismantle this place for anything that is useful.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2008, 04:08:13 am »

Which place? The room that you are currently in?

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2008, 04:29:04 am »

I practice with my axes.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2008, 05:54:21 am »

I help out pandarsenic, to prevent he fucks up and makes a staff that creates a zombie horde that kills us
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2008, 06:37:02 am »

I join as the prisoner.

And my action- I try to remember my previous life as a sneaky type.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2008, 07:47:56 am »

Take the next turn here!

Turn 4:

Pandarsenic/Akroma: (4)/(6) Using necromantic energy, pandarsenic prepares to tear out the skull and two femur bones of the torturer, but Akroma beats you to it by ripping out the bones and skull with spinal cord attached! Pandarsenic the fuses the bones together with necro energy and makes a decent quality necromancer's staff! The necromantic energy inside Pandarsenic feels more focused and powerful when he has the staff in his possession. (1 more success to failsafe!)

Nirur Torir: (4) You deftly open both of the cabinets and find (4) A stock of 2 shields and two bucklers and (3) one full suit of leather armor!

Webadict: (2) You are distracted from searching by a whistling of a kettle on a stove.

Banzayatc: (4) You decide to practice with your axes and take a couple of swings at the air. You feel more confident in using both at the same time, but still need more practice.

Cheetar: (6) You dig deep into your mind and discover that you were a feared assassin! You know how to fight with one handed swords, daggers, how to sneak and how to make basic poisons of different types! Unfortunately, you remember why you became an assassin, you are slightly mentally unstable and dont have a nice personality towards people who are not of use to you. (-1 mental stability, -1 charisma)

Status':

Akroma:
Tough, proficient in psychology
Items: Has a burning torch in hand, Pack with food in it, 2 water canteens

Nirur Torir:
Agile
Items: Pack with food in it, 2 water canteens, ulility belt (not worn), rope over shoulder (break resistant)
Wielding: A steel flanged mace (+1 to damage), Steel bladed dagger

Webadict:
Agile
Wielding: a torturers whip

Banzayatc:
Lucky
Items: Pack with food in it, 2 water canteens, utility belt (not worn)
Wielding: steel battle axe and a steel hatchet (both +1 to damage) (-2 to hit because of dual wielding)

Pandarsenic:
Lucky, basic necromancy
Wielding: A decent quality necromancers staff

Cheetar:
Knows how to fight with one handed swords and daggers, knows how to sneak, knows how to make different basic poisons, mentally unstable (-1 to mental stability), bad attitude to unuseful people (-1 to charisma)

Food: 15 turns left
Water: 6 turns left
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:20:31 pm by Zako »

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2008, 07:54:41 am »

Nirur, is it okay if I spar with you? We'll probably get a skill increase in two-handed fighting faster this way.

If Nirur agrees, I spar with him. If not, I open the jars.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2008, 08:08:34 am »

I'd rather have a buckler then a dagger in my off hand, so I grab one (Keeping the dagger in case somebody takes my mace). I then practice sparring this turn if possible. I focus on blocking, parrying, and dodging Banzayatc's blows.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23