Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarvus Maximus  (Read 1062 times)

scribbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarvus Maximus
« on: November 22, 2008, 04:04:48 pm »

When we get carts and draft animals, I want dwarven chariot races! I want a big oval colosseum and betting and hotdogs with nitrates! :D
End the slaughter of dorf kittens!
No self respecting beard wants to wear his pet as clothing! Dorfs need population control for pets and bad thoughts from products made from the animals they choose to bond with.
---------
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
-Albert Schweitzer

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarvus Maximus
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 04:12:48 pm »

Hah, sounds fun, but I doubt that we gonna have something like this in the game... :D

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 04:47:33 pm »

P-P-P-P-POWER GOAL!
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 04:55:51 pm »

Lame, I thought this would be about Messianic dwarves.
Shoes...

LrZeph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 07:54:33 pm »

Sorry to go off topic, but cthulhu, What In Rob McKenna's name is that thing you call your avatar?
Its so damned ugly, and i waste a few minutes each day being scared by its face.

Oh and also, back on topic, chariot races sounds awesome, especially if there is sabotage.
And everyone knows, when the Dwarves come out of the walls, it's all over.

scribbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 09:16:14 pm »

Dwarves need hobbies! Pit fighting is a little contrived and the dwarves really don't, themselves, care.
At least I didn't ask to start a BloodBowl league.
End the slaughter of dorf kittens!
No self respecting beard wants to wear his pet as clothing! Dorfs need population control for pets and bad thoughts from products made from the animals they choose to bond with.
---------
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
-Albert Schweitzer

dizzyelk

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes kittens for their delicious roasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 11:09:23 pm »

I'd like to see actual gladiator combat supported by the game. Put all the worthless immigrants in a pit with some weapons, the survivors err... winners join the military.

Dwarf Fortress - Bringing out the evil in people since 2006.
Somehow, that fills me more with dread than anticipation.  It's like being told that someone's exhuming your favorite grandparent and they're going to try to make her into a cyborg stripper.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 11:25:50 pm »

Sorry to go off topic, but cthulhu, What In Rob McKenna's name is that thing you call your avatar?
Its so damned ugly, and i waste a few minutes each day being scared by its face.

All will become clear
Shoes...

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 01:15:19 am »

I'd like to see actual gladiator combat supported by the game. Put all the worthless immigrants in a pit with some weapons, the survivors err... winners join the military.
Toady says here (at the bottom) that arena combat is definitely planned for the game.

There's a lot of interesting things that can be done with it...  poor, unskilled dwarves might willingly become gladiators to earn fame and fortune (the player could perhaps have the option to allow/disallow dwarves from willingly becoming gladiators, since that's sort of a fortress-law issue.)  Prisoners could be forced to become gladiators as punishment.  And of course captives could be forced to fight for entertainment.

In adventure mode, it'd provide something for adventurers to do, too.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 08:28:18 am »

I find it funny actually.  ;D [Sorry for the OT post.]