Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - the old one!  (Read 45678 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG - the final day to enter your character sheets!
« Reply #480 on: January 04, 2009, 11:57:12 pm »

Now, I believe, is the perfect time to reveal one of Flat's secret techniques!

The Flat Cannon:

Basically, Flat's secondary pouch is useful for many other things. One of these things is storage, which has been the main use of it.

However, Flat can regurgitate things and launch things from his mouth in a very rapid speed (or a relaxed control speed, it entirely depends on Flat). This is very useful for very small pebbles and rocks, which Flat can launch at incredible speeds. The downside of this attack is that Flat uses a lot of energy and must empty his entire pouch during the attack, as Flat's regurgitation process is stuck on auto-fire until nothing more can be regurgitated.

This is the Flat Cannon.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 05, 2009, 12:07:37 am »

That's... Awesome. We should get together a big bag of small pieces of metal.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 05, 2009, 02:20:06 am »

Brings a whole new meaning to "projectile vomiting"...

Hey, if I could get one of those billiard balls, we could have a flat grenade launcher!
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 05, 2009, 02:52:57 am »

Possibility: Get a really small guy and hide him in there. Arm him to the teeth with pointy weapons.

Flat heaves him up. Small guy takes out sharp thing mid-flight. Chaos ensues as the enemy force finds a midget launched from a birds mouth flying at them. Then epic stories of Flat will pass around.

Goblin: Didja hear? Some say he can heave up entire armies! Of assassins!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 05, 2009, 03:00:55 am »

That guy is Belkar. (Of the Order of the Stick, in case you  don't know him)

So, F.LA.T... If the F stands for flight, which we've already seen, the L might poibly mean something like Launching...
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 05, 2009, 08:14:50 am »

Flyable Launching Assassin... Teleporter?

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 05, 2009, 08:30:21 am »

Btw, Vaiolis, what is the time there? (That is, the time when you post the reply) So I have an idea of what timezone you're in. For reference, it is currently 14:28 here.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 05, 2009, 09:36:20 am »

Obviously Its Flying Launcher of Assassins and Transporter.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 05, 2009, 11:52:11 am »

In light of there not being an update, I am writing more backstory.

There are 11 other villages that are either close to Sil or have frequent contact with it. Centuries ago, these villages met and decided that because 12 was a nice even number, they should have an inter-village sports competition. They scheduled it to occur every year and in a new season every time, and the Olympic Official Intervillage Games were born.

There are numerous events, including swimming, pankration, running, weight lifting, and other relatively entertaining passtimes. Each village is allowed to field a maximum of one competitor for each event, except in team events. Competitors are typically human and native to the village they compete for, but outsiders and non-humans are allowed to compete. There are even records of a minotaur being chosen for the pankration, and a giant, self-aware carp being sent to compete in the swimming section. The minotaur went over well and won without killing any of his opponents, but the self aware carp didn't do very well. In the middle of the race, neck and neck with the swimmer from Sil and amid the ecstatic cheers of it's village, it paniced, turned around, and bit a chunk out of one of the more delicious competitors. The race had to be called off when all of the swimmers tried to pull the carp away from the person it was trying to eat. In the ensuing chaos, roughly half of the swimmers received broken bones or lacerations, and the carp received a pierced dorsal fin. Strangely enough, the fin had been pierced with a jewel encrusted scimitar. It is still not known how or why a jewel encrusted scimitar found it's way into the hands of one of the swimmers, especially during an actual race.

The limit of one competitor per event per village was instituted to prevent one village from winning every single medal in any given event.

Although the events are varied, there are specific rules on what can be counted as an event. No event includes riding an animal around colorful obstacles, although there are riding events (such events are typically combat oriented, to prevent the animal being ridden from doing all the work). In general, no event includes dancing around with a ribbon.

Each village is expected to have an emblem for the competition, but emblems can change year by year. Sil typically has an emblem related to the ocean, and sea horses and basalt cubes are common choices.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 02:05:32 pm by inaluct »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 05, 2009, 06:28:35 pm »

Why isn't anyone else writing potential plot hooks into their background?

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 05, 2009, 06:54:49 pm »

My computer thought it a hilarious idea to make it so I could receive internet, but could not request it. If I opened a browser, it had to send a signal for the browser to load, thus it did not. My friends all said "hey say something!" (they send me the message, I don't request it, thus I do receive it) And I was like "Hi" - ERROR: message could not be sent. Now that I look back, it was hilarious, but at the time... wow most frustrating error I've ever encountered.

So yeah, without any internet, and thus being blocked from many things, I was unable to update. It is currently 18:53 at this moment. I am able to write updates from around 20:00 to 23:00, sometimes sooner, but almost never later unless it is the weekend. With the recent error, I have to go sorting through a mess of recent downloads and things, see what caused this error in the first place. So, once again, no update tonight. Tomorrow looks likely, if I can get this sorted out. Hope this message goes through while my computer is giving me a break.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 06, 2009, 04:51:10 am »

Sorta looks like its your connection dude. Check with your provider.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 06, 2009, 10:27:51 am »

Why isn't anyone else writing potential plot hooks into their background?
Because Flat is just one big plot device in the waiting.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 06, 2009, 12:57:12 pm »

A group of big game hunters attempts to kill Flat and claim an impressive trophy.

A primitive group of native hunters mistake Flat for a powerful god. The group must find a way to get the natives to allow their new god to leave peacefully.

A ringmaster for a circus claims to be Flat's owner. After he is pecked to death, the group finds his wallet and realizes that he is the nephew of a local ruler. Getting out of the immediate area as fast as possible ensues.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG - spots are now closed
« Reply #494 on: January 06, 2009, 06:50:10 pm »

Alright, since only two posted, those two get it! Vlynndar and Jay Kayell, welcome to the RPG! The spot slots are now closed!

Finally, a chance to get the turn up! Expect it within a few hours. At max, I'd say 4 hours.

What else was I gonna say... oh right, I'll add in your extended background Inaluct! Haven't had a chance to read it all yet, but I'm sure its great.

Oh, and I doubt my connection was the problem. I share this connection with another computer, and that computer has internet just fine. I also went places (laptop) and had the same problems. But its better now, who knows what my problem was. Never did find out.

EDIT: might be a bit longer than a few hours, I have to sort through the character sheets and get them in. It will come tonight though.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 06:52:51 pm by Vaiolis »
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36