Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - the old one!  (Read 45681 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG - an additional two spots open!
« Reply #450 on: December 31, 2008, 05:35:11 pm »

To be fair, nobody knows anything about Flat either.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 31, 2008, 05:52:16 pm »

Yes, but when you're seeing a giant bird, are you really going to wonder about what he did as a child?
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 31, 2008, 05:54:57 pm »

Good point. I guess its natural to just assume, Flat just came about as...what we know about Flat's personality now. Which seems to be, help your friends, and peck up the bad guys.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 31, 2008, 06:11:25 pm »

Good point. I guess its natural to just assume, Flat just came about as...what we know about Flat's personality now. Which seems to be, help your friends, and peck Eat up the bad guys.

Eh, as long as a character does nothing to make them untrustworthy they can get away with a lot of mysterious stuff. You know, this could make a good method of dividing the group if one of the antagonists points this out and tries to make any actions done suspicous.

Already trying to make a little friction between my character and Xix, because it makes sense. Xix is a smart know-it-all who is bossing us around. Astor is an ignorant hunter who is often alone and not subject to orders.

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 31, 2008, 06:49:12 pm »

Just a note:

Happy newyear, everybody.

EDIT: I forgot an item, is it okay if I add an all-purpose knife and a mould for bullets?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 07:37:47 am by Vlynndar »
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 01, 2009, 02:01:20 pm »

Just got back from a bit of partying. And Vlynndar, your character is great! I've no idea how many bullets on average a person would carry with a flintlock, so we'll call it 30. And an all-purpose knife and bullet mold is perfectly fine!

And I must say, exploding poolballs seems to be a truly dwarven creation, I now expect someone, if not you, to make them in the RPG and utilize their power! Could use them as a nifty trap, such as a mine or tripwire if you get some form of snapping mechanism to hit the ball, or you could just throw them at people. Or, better yet, try to make peace with the Rahn inya by inviting them to a pool tournament...
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 01, 2009, 02:30:25 pm »

Is there still an open place? If so I'd like to claim it.

I'll create a character once I have read some of the previous turns and the rules.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 01, 2009, 02:55:21 pm »

Thanks! I'm not sure how I would make poolballs in the middle of a jungle, but I've thought of another gimmick. The material was found to be explosive when a chemist wiped up some spillage with an apron, and left the apron to dry on the stove. It dried. It exploded.
If I can soak clothes in them, and offer them as a peace offering, they'll get a fun surprise when they wear them and enter their volcano.

(Edit: I added the bullets, mould and knife in the character sheet and also modified the history a little bit)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 03:45:43 pm by Vlynndar »

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 01, 2009, 03:56:03 pm »

Yep, there's still two spots open. As I believe was in a previous post, and I'll reiterate, although two spots are open, I'm going to take many character sheets, and afterwords pick the two that would fit best/are the most fleshed out. The open spots will be closed by this coming Sunday, which is when I'll pick.

Also, although I'm sure you'll have your sheet up by then, I'll be choosing from given character sheets by Sunday. If you reserved a spot to make a character sheet at a later date, but did not complete the sheet by Sunday, you won't be picked.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 01, 2009, 04:36:11 pm »

Finished!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 04:42:09 pm by Jay Kayell »

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 01, 2009, 06:31:37 pm »

Finally, a magic user! ;D

Your character looks great to me! I was about to say you had a slightly large arsenal of spells, more than I'd approve of, but you also have more bad skills than needed, so it balances out very well. I just want to clarify, however, ice "ray" would be a straight beam, correct? Or would it be a cone shape? And also, does it pierce, or in other words can it strike an enemy, move through them, and strike another?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 01, 2009, 06:37:13 pm »

Yay! A lich! By the way, why did he bring food? Does he still need to eat?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 01, 2009, 08:08:20 pm »

I think we are actually looking at a slightly creative lich concept, while the story is just cliche enough to be good because of the reasons it became cliche in the first place, he doesn't seem to actually be described as truly undead: he still need to eat, sleep, can get poisoned and in general have a metabolism, I'd not be surprised if he could theoretically reproduce.
So, by most definitions he is not undead, simply augmented in lifespan... maybe an example could do: in LotR Gollum looks hideous and is very old, but nobody would call him undead. Dux appears to be undead, but is in fact in a physical state closer to that of Gollum.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 01, 2009, 08:47:42 pm »

I simply thought he would be overpowered if he didn't have to eat or sleep and was immune to poison. :P

And the ice ray is like a freeze beam. It is a straight beam that strikes the first object in its path and freezes it.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 01, 2009, 08:50:49 pm »

so basically like an infrared laser whit negative strength?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36