Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - the old one!  (Read 45682 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG - an additional two spots open!
« Reply #435 on: December 29, 2008, 10:21:46 am »

Astor, being the wind made flesh, offers to scout ahead. It has been a long time before he has had the chance to really run, and having the opportunity would be refreshing. If he finds something interesting in relation to their goal, he will work his way back.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 29, 2008, 11:01:08 am »

Abronychus attempts to chill out as much as possible given the situation. He makes small talk, because everyone knows that pain doesn't hurt as much if you pretend it doesn't hurt at all. :P

Oh yeah, don't drop me in the well. Waterborne pathogens + punctured stomach + two conditions both giving (--) to actions, thereby probably preventing me from climbing out + mysterious grate that could have something horrible behind it = horrible death + contaminated water supply.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 11:10:34 am by inaluct »

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 29, 2008, 12:17:54 pm »

Next Turn:

Okay. Short one this time. I happily accept my weapon and shield back when they are handed to me, I give the brute a kick in the face just for good measure, swagger on back with everyone else to HQ, and depressingly take a bit of a rest while I try and heal my wounds to the best of my capabilitys, and accept help if its offered, as I'm no real medic. Just some bruises and scratches. The open wounds could use some cleaning and then wrapping if I can find the supplies. And I should also on my way, ask if the Old Man might be able to enchant another Amulet of healing, as they seem to be an Important thing to a pro-combat group. Were taking a pounding all the time, and we could use several of them.

Holy crap that wasn't short! Sorry...well you can always trim it down....

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 29, 2008, 12:36:56 pm »

I'll look aroun the cell for anything that could be used as a lockpick, while still trying to get a guard's attention.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 29, 2008, 06:09:29 pm »

Since brute force isn't going to get me out of here, I'll try to convince the guards that I'm ill or some such fun thing in an attempt to get them to open up the cell...  Obviously, I'll wait for a chance to actually get out before I try to attack them or anything.  A dead guard won't be so great if I'm still in the cell and he has buddies outside.  If I can't get any guards to show up, I'll see if I can find a way to break off the lock from the inside of the cell.

Edit: If one of the other prisoners in the cells can come up with a better idea, I'll be happy to follow through with that.  Or maybe me and Strife working together will convince them to investigate.  If that's the case, I'll go with the feigning illness action, hopefully with Strife helping to convince them to at least take a look inside the cell...

Edit Edit: I'd also like to point out that you've done a good job towards capturing my character's general demeanor, Viaolis.  He isn't particularly social until he acknowledges someone as a friend.  If you want me to come up with a background for how he got into the prison, as well, I'd be happy to put something together; I've got access to a computer here, though I won't check in as often.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 06:29:50 pm by Golgath »
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 30, 2008, 05:47:48 am »

Hey guys. Here something that we just might not have been thinking of. In any of Vaiolis' turns where your in the cells, were any guards mentioned? And if they were, were they said to be, like, patroling around the cell area?

Think about it.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 31, 2008, 02:04:37 am »

My apologies for the lack of updates. As the New Year approaches, many plans came up. Specifically, a special comedy dinner, where you dress up and eat while spectating a fake wedding, and even converse with the fake newlyweds. Should prove interesting. But anyways, no update tonight. Tomorrow the odds are very bad. After that, they should improve though.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 31, 2008, 06:38:34 am »

Are those two spots in the title still open? If so, I'll take one of them. Need to write up something, then.
If not, I'll continue reading with pleasure.
Edit: And would being a human be very bad?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 10:59:39 am by Vlynndar »
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 31, 2008, 12:36:22 pm »

We could use more diverse characters, but if you make a human and flesh them out decently it will be just as good. And yes, there are still two spots open!
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 31, 2008, 01:31:36 pm »

This would be the first roleplay I'm in, so I might be a bit worried about how well I can flesh it out. On the other hand, playing a not-human would seem even harder.
I think I'm just going ahead and write up a character. Tell me how to improve it, in case it's the worst you've seen.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 31, 2008, 02:34:44 pm »

This would be the first roleplay I'm in, so I might be a bit worried about how well I can flesh it out. On the other hand, playing a not-human would seem even harder.
I think I'm just going ahead and write up a character. Tell me how to improve it, in case it's the worst you've seen.

Go ahead and post it, once you feel you've got the basics down.  I'll be happy to point out what could use improvement, and I'm sure Armok will be plenty happy to poke holes in whatever you have.  I'd personally prefer more non-humans, but like Vaiolis said, as long as it's a decent character, it'll be fine.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 31, 2008, 04:19:23 pm »

Name: Casimir
Race: Human
Weight: A little on the light side. Think around 65 kg. (~144 pounds in your funny system)
Height: About 185 cm (6.1 feet(is <number>' feet and <number>'' inches?)
Details: Slightly long brown hair, greenish brown eyes, gaunt face. Scars from cuts in his left hand when a testtube blew up in it.
Stats::
-Strength:
20. Average for a human.
-Endurance:
12. Below average.
-Stamina:
18. Bit below average. How would this work with working feverishly on something, unable to quit, 'til deep in the night?

-Intelligence
53. Above average. Researching. Nose in the books.
-Learning
70. Average
-Wisdom
60. Above average. Able to lay links.

-Speed
25. Average. If this is running. "Performing actions quickly", however... Ah well, it'll do.
-Agility
45. Bit above average. Having to navigate his cluttered workspaces...
-Dexterity
55. Above average. Aiming, contraptioning and chemistry.

Luck: 2.

Skills:
Power
Maybe that working feverishly on something.

Smarts
Good: Puzzle-solving.
Good: Mechanisms. Knowing how things work.

Movement
Great: Marksmanship
Good: Making small things.
Good: Surefootedness.

Spells: Maybe not quite a spell, but I think charisma is a good place for this?

Clothing: Bit loose sleeved shirt, under a leather vest with a lot of pockets. Sturdy canvas pants. A belt from which a lot of  pockets hang as well. (Naturally, also undergarments and shoes et cetera)

Items: (All: If allowed) A long flintlock pistol, with a supply of powder in a small sack on his belt and bullets (30) in another. In case he uses them all, he has a bullet mould with him. Tinderbox in a vest-pocket, as a compass. A watch in that small useless pocket on the pants. An allpurpose knife on his belt next to the pistol.

Background: Victorian. Funded by rich benefactors (there was something about him), he loves exploring the edges of science, the possible appliances of electricity and magnetism... Finding new materials and inventing new potions. He participated in the contest for finding a new material for poolballs, but didn't have too much succes. One of the more promising materials blew up in his hands, and he got some bad cuts from the glass. He occasionally practiced with his flintlock pistol and the exploding testtube inspired him to improve the material for use as gunpowder.

When he heard there was danger coming, his sense of adventure and the lure of finding new and strange things made him board.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 03:44:15 pm by Vlynndar »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 31, 2008, 04:58:59 pm »

I think that's a pretty entertaining character, actually. The poolball material contest is a nice touch.

I think I might write a background for my own character soon.  :P

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 31, 2008, 05:14:53 pm »

Thanks! Feels good to hear that. By the way, in case anyone wants to read about that contest: http://www.plastiquarian.com/hyatt.htm . Hint: Nitrocellulose soaked on cotton is guncotton, and is powdered suitable for use as gunpowder. It isn't very safe, though. In fact, exactly the coating on those poolballs occasionally exploded when struck. Too bad they only exist to be struck. '-'

Hang on, maybe I could be inspired by the exploding testtube, and research a safe variant of the stuff. Which in turn sparks me to practice with it, and pick up the pistol.
Could be a nice link.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 31, 2008, 05:23:47 pm »

I think I'm one of the few people with the 'mysterious character' trait, who managed to blend in with the group just like any other dude we have with us. Your guys don't know anything about my characters background, only that they know him. Its kinda funny how well we work together anyway though.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36