Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - the old one!  (Read 45722 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #315 on: December 15, 2008, 03:38:28 pm »

Painting rooms eh? My dad is a master at that. Painted, well, MOST of the current house by himself. Still a few walls with Spackle showing. Currently bummed out on the bathroom.

Seriously, the people living here before us were crazy. We found car speakers in the basement.
 Hanging from their wires.
 Hooked up to car batteries.

Must of been one hell of a surround sound before we gutted most of it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 15, 2008, 10:08:57 pm »

Figures I'd suddenly have tons of things to do when, normally, I have little to do and would rather work on this. Unfortunately, couldn't get the update done tonight. I'll try to make an extra juicy one tomorrow :P

As a note after reading the above sentence, frustration does not make for a good writing tool. I think every decent adjective I've ever known died while I tried to write that. Bah humbug. Probably a good thing I didn't write the turn. Would've sounded about as exciting as... no, I can't even think of anything good and boring right now. Painting and reading very droll books. Good enough. But that's probably not boring to everyone. Oh well. I think I'll stop writing now. I apologize for the lack of an update.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 16, 2008, 04:22:02 am »

Meh. Take your time. I can wait. Trust me. I waited for Fable 2. For years. Was it worth it? You tell me.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 16, 2008, 06:57:26 pm »

Aahhh, time to spare! Huzzah! Turn will be up by tonight. I shall make certain of it! Also, nearly every time to come, at the breaking of dawn, an event will occur, in the same general function as the very first turn. For some odd reason, in the natural dreams the characters experience (thus Gaweir's unconscious period did not count), a vision will come, and this vision will be told at this second, no-action turn. So, next turn will be up tonight, and afterwards, as a separate turn tonight or tomorrow the daybreak/vision turn will come. Just a random plot twist thing, nothing too special.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 16, 2008, 07:33:59 pm »

Its...not a twist if we know its coming. :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 16, 2008, 07:37:23 pm »

Its...not a twist if we know its coming. :P
It is if we don't know what it is...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 16, 2008, 08:05:41 pm »

Maybe we should have paid more attention to the soldier and archaeologist.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 16, 2008, 08:56:57 pm »

The ever-anticipated turn 17! Remember, don't post new actions after this, turn 18 will have the waking events revealed, and whatever dreams that may have been encountered.

As it is only two people awake, this turn will be rather short, as the upcoming waking turn will also most likely be, albeit a bit longer, but still below average. The plot should get moving again by turn 20 at the latest. Or so I hope, never can tell with this bunch.

And yeah, not really a twist per say, but who knows when the dreams might have meaning to them?

Turn 17
Group 1: Flat, Astor, Xix, Gaweir, Abronychus, Zak
Flat: Sleeping
Astor: Sleeping
Xix: I do random stuff for some hour more, then go to sleep inside the HQ, guarding the laptop.
Gaweir: After a quick breather, I'll finish what I started, and try and get us a door before the end of the first day. And then I will sleep.
Abronychus: Sleeping
Zak: Sleeping
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night was slowly crawling its way towards the village as the sun had finally set, the horizon a brilliant glow of violets and oranges, and the above sky a deep blue. Xix, not quite ready to sleep, went outside the HQ and looked up into the sky, gazing for a while, as Gaweir was sitting by his nearly-removed crude door, resting. Looking at the many stars dotted across the heavens, Xix was somewhat surprised to see, after a bit of observing, that the stars had identical placement to her own planet, however they were a deep, and pulsating, wavering purple. Noticing the leather store shopkeeper walking by, she decided to question about it.

"Excuse me, sir?"
"Uhh, yes, what is it?"
"In the sky, the stars are of purple hue, and they waver as though they were submerged in water. Why is that?"
"I'm... not quite sure what you're talking about. I see white stars, and they are not wavering..."

Xix took off her glasses, rubbing them slightly with her clothing, before putting them back on and looking at the stars again, which were still just as purple and were rippling just as much.

"No, they are definitely purple and waving. Have you looked recently?"

The leatherworker looked into the sky, and saw the stars. He squinted slightly at them, rubbing his chin, before looking back to Xix.

"Miss, perhaps you are sleepy. You should rest. The stars are white, just as ever, just as before the Rahn inya, just as after."
"No, I would know if I was simply tired, I'm not overly so. Hmm, I could use a picture of this..."

Xix took out her camera and, pointing at the sky, took a picture. Once the camera had processed it, and displayed it on its screen, Xix looked at it. It was still purple, so whatever strange thing was occuring wasn't just in her head. The shopkeeper looked over her shoulder, at the camera, and saw the picture.

"It... they are purple! Er... go and rest, perhaps we are both tired. Keep that picture though, perhaps the elder will know what's going on..."

The shopkeeper walked on, to the far north west hut, while Xix sat with a confused look, and continued to watch the sky. Moving farther to the north, and looking south, she saw the moon rising. It, too, was purple and rippling, but as it was larger and far easier to see, the effect was much more noticeable. While she continued to stare, Gaweir had gotten up from his rest, and continued to hack away at the two sides of the door, removing its crude shape after a few more minutes. With the basic form made, he then took the axe and hacked at its sides with decent precision, considering his skill with weapons, however it was no masterpiece. The finished product was decently rectangular, aside from a few frayed edges, a few knots, and a moderate sized crack in it. But it would do.

Realizing he would need to have hinges of some sort for the door to work properly, Gaweir noted the materials he would need before slumping over, quite exhausted, and very sleepy. But he forced himself to get up, and brought the door. As he approached the HQ, he saw Xix beginning to enter the hut as well, rubbing her eyes in both a sleepy and astonished way, and giving a glance up to the sky. Gaweir looked up as well, to see why she seemed so puzzled, and saw the radiating discolored stars. But he was too tired to connect it to anything out of the ordinary, and went into the HQ, where he placed the door in its frame. It would hold, but you would have to remove the entire door to exit, and then it would have to be placed back in, which took a bit of force, afterward. Then, he and Xix grabbed a mat and slept, Xix taking her laptop and placing it next to her.

Flat:
 - Wounds: bruised head effects=fairly full, severe headache (-actions), sleepy
                Asleep...
 - Inventory: none
 - Skills: none

Astor:
 - Wounds: lightly bruised effects=sleepy
                Asleep...

Xix:
 - Wounds: none effects=very sleepy (-actions)
                Asleep...
 - Skills: Observation skill increased moderately

Gaweir:
 - Wounds: chipped skull status=treated effects=very sleepy (-actions), exhausted (--actions)
                Asleep...
 - Skills: Carpentry skill increased moderately. Woodcutting skill increased slightly

Abronychus:
 - Wounds: lightly bruised effects=sleepy
                Asleep...

Zak:
 - Wounds: none
                Asleep...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 09:18:34 pm by Vaiolis »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 16, 2008, 09:05:18 pm »

Hey, looks like Xix is having another vision. Maybe it's of a catastrophic world-shattering flood brought on by the thing with that obelisk.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 16, 2008, 09:07:31 pm »

...Or the effects of looking at a monitor all day.

Let me tell you, not a good idea.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 16, 2008, 09:09:01 pm »

Um. Sorry to burst your 'over computer' theory, but Gaweir saw the pretty lights to.

...Pretty lights...*Dazed* Who-wha-where?!?! Oh right. Yeah. Its weird, ya know?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 16, 2008, 09:10:25 pm »

Maybe you didn't think of it but in that situation Xix would almost certainly have taken a photo.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 16, 2008, 09:13:28 pm »

Or maybe most of this never really happened... Maybe we're all actually lying on the bottom of the ocean after a horrific shipwreck, and Xix and Gaweir just opened their eyes for a second, influencing the hallucinations of their dying brains with the scintillating light filtering down from the water's surface...

That would assume that my character can't actually breath water. Maybe we're all really members of a washed up rock and roll band, not giant birds/sphinxes/people with medieval weaponry. That would explain a lot.

Maybe there's a UFO coming. Maybe a government UFO.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 16, 2008, 09:15:12 pm »

Ahhh good point forgot the camera  :-\

Far too good of a... something revealing I guess. Adding it in! I'll post again when it's in. Normally I wouldn't edit a turn like this once posted, but I feel its important :P

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 16, 2008, 09:21:07 pm »

yes.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36