Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - the old one!  (Read 45719 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #300 on: December 14, 2008, 03:25:57 am »

Were six people with no capable means of escape (excluding Abronychus
.)

We have no way of knowing when or what danger might or may appear.

The place were in has little to no defense capability.

If were dealing with a volcano, there is no way to escape ash-ey/lava-ey death. (Again, excluding Abronychus
. -_-)

Our boat, she be dead.

We have no friggin' idea what to do.

FINAL DESTINATION.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 03:28:42 am by WorkerDrone »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 14, 2008, 03:37:20 am »

And you know what?

I wouldn't have it any other way.  ;D

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 14, 2008, 04:08:50 am »

Damn right.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 14, 2008, 09:57:19 am »

Were six people with no capable means of escape (excluding Abronychus
.)

We have no way of knowing when or what danger might or may appear.

The place were in has little to no defense capability.

If were dealing with a volcano, there is no way to escape ash-ey/lava-ey death. (Again, excluding Abronychus
. -_-)

Our boat, she be dead.

We have no friggin' idea what to do.

FINAL DESTINATION.
Correction: I can escape too. Flying, anyone?

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 14, 2008, 11:52:08 am »

I apologize for the lack of turn updates. I have the world's most boring book to read, which I fell asleep twice attempting to finish. Not only that, but I have plenty of other lil bits of work here and there to do. Regardless, I *should* be able to get an update in by tonight.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 14, 2008, 10:52:03 pm »

Not too much time to post, once again. Refer to previous post for the reason. So, once again, somewhat short, but at least it is finished! Also not as much talking, and shorter due to a few people getting much-needed sleep.

Also watch out for those errors again, I never know when I might miss one.

Turn 16
Group 1: Flat, Astor, Xix, Gaweir, Abronychus, Zak
Flat: I shall find a nice high place to sleep on. Like a tall tree or building. If not, I'll find something to lay on and sleep. Outside. In the moonlight. It's nice laying in the moon.
Astor: Astor returns to HQ, stowing away his newly acquired stuff. He practices a little bit on magic(Low-power stuff, as not to loose control and blast something away) before putting his old stuff back on. Before he goes to sleep on whatever is available, he asks Xix on what is going on and what they shall do tomorrow.
Xix: Follow the list!
Gaweir: I go to the blacksmith for my shield to get repaired, and observe her at work. Afterwhich, I will follow the list.
Abronychus: I'm going to leave any items that could be ruined by water in the hut. Then I'm going to look for a pond to sleep in with my ability to breathe water.
Zak: I set up lots of noise tripwires around the village so to wake them if anything should sneak up on them in the night. I do both low to the ground and higher up. I then return to HQ, rub out the drawing of the camp off the back of my book after I copy it to paper, read a bit then sleep in the HQ, weapons within arms reach.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the day drew to a close, many people began to prepare for sleep. Flat took a few of the bought mats from the HQ and flew up to the top of the hut, placing them down and promptly perching atop them. Abronychus also prepared for sleep, finding a suitable pond to submerge himself in to sleep, but not before removing the scroll he had found and placing it on the HQ shelf, as he had little idea what would happen if the runes on the scroll, presumably written in ink, started to run. The villagers, learning he could breathe underwater, said that the best they could offer would be their well. He felt it was the best possible, and dove in. It seemed rather nice, it was open, the stone was smooth and surprisingly moss-free. All that worried him was a grate at its west end, which led through a water-filled tunnel. The tunnel was 3 or 4 feet wide in diameter, completely submerged, and completely straight. He could not see the end of it, but hey, it was grated over, so what risk was there?

Zak also prepared for bed, but not before asking to borrow a large multitude of metal items from the villagers, as well as string, which he tied around the village, at the bases of the trees, and some farther up. He did not have enough string for the entire village, but it was enough to block the entire western and northern front, which he regarded as the most dangerous. A few of the metal objects clanged together as he did his best to silently place them, but it seemed to do little harm. Most of the villagers saw Zak put the traps up, and they felt quite relieved.

Once he had finished this, he returned to the HQ, where he placed a mat on the ground and put his weapons to the side. Taking out his book, and taking the writing utensil and a piece of paper from Xix, he copied the map he had previously made, and then cleaned off his book. Before going to bed, he flipped his morality book over, reading a few more pages from where he had left off. The book was quite amusing to him, speaking out against many things which he could think of plenty of excuses for. Saying that stealing was wrong! What if you were stealing something that would harm the person if they kept it? Or perhaps stealing it would bring more happiness to others than sadness to one? Not that that really made a difference in his choices, but the author really ought to think of these things. After this last thought, he closed the book, and went to sleep.

While Zak had been setting up the alarm traps, Astor was busy putting his new equipment away. For the sake of others, he decided to keep the robe on, but everything else was placed by the side of a mat he took out and placed. The man hadn't taught him much in the ways of casting, only the use of enchanted items and such. But what harm could a few tries at weak magic do? Rubbing his hands together slightly, he held them out, and tried to focus just as he had with the staff. Little happened, however. He realized his hands weren't pre-enchanted, he would have to figure out how to create! For his first attempt, he tried visualization. Holding his right hand out, he attempted to see an electrical ball forming in his hand. He shocked his hand a bit, but no ball formed. Grumbling, he then tried to focus on creating an electrical ball, rather than seeing it. Little by little, a small orb of energy began to form in his hand. He grinned at his success, but lost concentration and, once again, shocked himself.

Swinging his hand in the air, trying to cool off the burn he gave himself, he took off the robe and grabbed his old stuff, putting it on once again. Feeling much more comfortable in his old clothing, Astor set himself down on the mat. He then looked over at Xix, who was busy at her computer.

"So, Xix, any further idea on what's going on?"
"Not too much. Seems the government might be involved in something, but other than that, I haven't gained too much ground"
"Hmm... So what do you propose we should do tomorrow?"
"As of now, we have little choice. I guess we're going to go find the nearest obelisk and destroy it. I still can't seem to find an obelisk such as the one we saw on here yet, other than at the government site. I guess I will have to try and find it there, if this program will finish running..."
"What about the volcano?"
"What about it? We have no idea how to enter it, and I'm not about to try digging through it. We'll just stick with the leads we have until we get a better idea of how to rid of the Rahn inya."

As Astor went to sleep, Xix continued to research the situation on her laptop. Her program was an algorithm she decided to try, which would attempt every possible password that the government site might be using. It would take until morning, but until then she decided to continue searching for anything on obelisks, herself, and the Rahn inya. Many random places came up, but they had little to offer. A few sites mentioned them, but none connected to their situation, they must just have been coincidences. She needed to get into the government site, she figured, to make any progress at all.

Gaweir, not quite ready to sleep, brought his shield over to the blacksmiths, hoping to get it's slight dent repaired. Upon entering, he saw the blacksmith was preparing to close shop.

"Would you have time for one more thing, before you close up?"
"Uh, sure. What is it that I can help you with?"
"My shield was recently damaged. It's just a slight dent though, would you be able to fix it?"

Gaweir placed his shield onto the counter, where the blacksmith looked at it, and smiled.

"It's not a problem at all, I can do this for free"

Gaweir smiled and thanked her as she went over to the bellows, pumping them slightly before heating the shield up. Gaweir watched intently, observing her technique, as well as the glowing metal plate she now carried. Placing it onto an anvil, she took a hammer and began to pound at the dent with precision. After only a few accurate hits, the shield's shape was, for the most part, back to its former shape. With this, she used lighter hits, perfecting the shield, and making it slightly dented surface completely smoothed once again. Afterwards, she dipped it into a tub filled with water, which hissed loudly as steam rose. Removing the now cool shield, which had only minor damage to its coat of arms, she handed it to Gaweir, who thanked her once again and returned to the HQ.

Upon arriving, he took a look at Xix's list, and saw he was designated, among other things, to improve the HQ's defenses. Looking around, he decided the first job would be to get a door. Grabbing the axe from the shelf, he went outside and, surveying the area, found a suitable tree, which had already been chopped down, and only needed to be formed correctly. With the axe, Gaweir began to ruthlessly chop a decent distance from the base, to give himself a log with the same height as the door frame. It took a while, but the axe was impressively sharp, and he managed to cut out a log. It was, however, far too heavy for him to carry on his own, so he decided to begin chopping it into a crude, large wooden plank at that spot. He instantly began to chop again, lengthwise this time, slightly to the left of the center, and to the right, to give him a suitably thick door. After a few minutes, he sat down on the stump of the tree, sweating profusely, and quite tired from his labor. The crude door he was cutting out was halfway out, but even once out it would take a decent amount of further working to make it fit in the frame, plus it needed hinges.

Flat:
 - Wounds: bruised head effects=tired, fairly full, severe headache (-actions), sleepy
 - Inventory: none
 - Skills: Flying skill increased slightly
            Flat's Flying skill is now at level 4!

Astor:
 - Wounds: lightly bruised effects=sleepy
 - Inventory: Worn inventory swapped with old clothing
 - Skills: Concentration skill increased slightly. Casting skill increased slightly. Energy skill increased slightly. Conjuring skill increased slightly

Xix:
 - Wounds: none effects=sleepy
 - Skills: Researching skill increased slightly

Gaweir:
 - Wounds: chipped skull status=treated effects=sleepy
 - Inventory: Kite Shield Repaired
 - Skills: Blacksmithing skill increased slightly. Furnace Use skill increased slightly. Metal Armor Repair skill increased slightly. Woodcutting skill increased moderately. Carpentry skill increased slightly

Abronychus:
 - Wounds: lightly bruised effects=sleepy
 - Inventory: Scroll stored in HQ
 - Skills: none

Zak:
 - Wounds: none
 - Skills: Trap Creation skill increased moderately. Trap Setting skill increased moderately
            Zak's Trap Setting skill is now at level 2!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 14, 2008, 11:31:24 pm »

seeing as I cant do much right now, I do random stuff for some hour more, then go to sleep inside the HQ, guarding the laptop.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 14, 2008, 11:32:37 pm »

Mayhaps you should just post what happens in the morning? Can't see much happening now.

Astor snores?

Edit: Bandwagon jumping, a new Olympic sport!

Astor, if no real events happen, will practice magic. If hunger is an issue, he will stop with the magic and join anybody hunting. With a sling and a knife coupled with his speed and endurance, he should be able to catch anything around here worth eating.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 01:46:57 am by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 14, 2008, 11:55:34 pm »

I reflect on whether or not we should really be trying to kill the Rahn inya before vaguely worrying about that grate and drifting off to sleep. I keep my helmet on for various reasons, the least of which is that some jerk might drop a rock down the well and try to hit me.

I mean, really, though. As far as we know, this is just a complicated misunderstanding made worse by us listening to the villagers.

Also, you guys better get ready to rescue me when the octopus people who work for the government break that grate and kidnap me.

Edit: Ahem, special thanks go to webadict for reminding me that I should write something other than "i sleep and dream of death lol."

Upon waking, I crawl out of the well. If the village is still asleep, I scream "BY THE POWER OF GRAAAYYYSSSKKKKUUUUULLLL!!" at the top of my lungs before jumping back into the well. If everyone is awake (which is more likely; it's dark at the bottom of a well), I get out and go to the HQ to see how people are doing.

If I wake up surrounded by horrible creatures in an underwater cave, I look scared and ask them what they want.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 12:22:51 am by inaluct »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 15, 2008, 12:13:20 am »

I think I shall, upon waking, take back my amulet. Then, I'll check on my armor status. THEN, I'll practice some more flying tricks. That is, of course, after I eat.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 15, 2008, 01:18:11 am »

Upon waking, I decide to go look for suitable work. Possibly in the hunting business. I then work to get money.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 15, 2008, 03:34:28 am »

Next Turn:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 15, 2008, 10:11:25 am »

You should say you'll go to bed afterwards, too. Otherwise we'll all spend another turn making sleeping arrangements and sleeping.

Also, bizarrely, these villagers have a capitalistic society that doesn't seem to emphasize sharing that much. They're probably connected to a more developed society who's economic system has replaced theirs.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 15, 2008, 02:50:28 pm »

Hmm, a seemingly remote village with few people, being attacked by devilish creatures, but they care little to share? Perhaps it is important to the plot! Only time will tell. And you can't spell "time" without "I." You also can't spell time without "m" and "e."

Turn shall come by tonight. More work to do, as well as painting the living room. Did I actually mean something from the before sentences? Who knows! And you can spell who without "I."

I'd end this post there, but I feel rather bored, and have no time for turn writing. So, now that we are at turn 17, how's it going with everyone? :P

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 15, 2008, 03:30:13 pm »

Your summaries of how it's going must be limited to a single adjective.

Mysterious.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36