Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - the old one!  (Read 45731 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #285 on: December 11, 2008, 09:34:32 pm »

There wern't any socks in the 1500's. Only hose. Crap. I just gave away some character info. Now I'll have to kill you all. *Pulls out shotgun.* Now stand still while I load this thing.
Look, a bear!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 11, 2008, 09:59:53 pm »

Spoiler: The File: (click to show/hide)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 11, 2008, 10:59:08 pm »

I'm terribly sorry. Memory of a narcoleptic rock here. Hopefully I'll get this up soon enough, it will be a short turn sadly. Very short. And probably riddled with errors by me. Tell me if you see any. And it seems the conclusion of Day 1 is nearing as well.

Also, as a note that seems to come up every single time I copy/paste, WorkerDrone, are you purposely making every turn of yours identical in length/close to it, or is it coincidence? This is at least the third time in a row it was the same length, and I'm just curious :P

Turn 15
Group 1: Flat, Astor, Xix, Gaweir, Abronychus, Zak
Flat: Hmm... Well, I'm done with flying for a bit. I go up to the blacksmith (or leatherworkers) and ask for some armor! Maybe she can make it! Something that I can fly in, and run in still, as well as hold people, but it could protect me.
Astor: I ask the old man to teach me the secrets of lightning. Not just hurling bolts of the stuff recklessly, but more intimate things. Yes, I want to be a bit more in depth than some brute spellfighter who just wants to throw fireballs at things.
Xix: Follow the list!
Gaweir: I try and sell my drawing, for at least enough money needed to repair my shield. After selling it, I go to the blacksmith for my shield to get repaired, and observe her at work. Afterwhich, I will promptly return to HQ, and get some sleep. Ass kicking takes energy.
Abronychus: I'm going to make Flat FAAAABULOUS by trying to get him to buy leather bird-armor.
Zak: I take the required amount of stones to buy a thick leather helm and steel helm. I then buy these and have them attached/fitted immediately. I then talk to the old man after Astor is done with him and ask about enchantments that can be put onto my boots, focusing on speed, agility, endurance and specifically absorbing impacts from landing from a large height.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A good deal of the group now seemed interested in upgrading themselves, rather than that around them. Where they were before assessing the threat, and improving their quarters in the HQ, they were now focusing on materials made for solely themselves. Abronychus, Flat, and Zak went to the leather shop, where Abronychus and Flat eagerly tried to get the bird a fine set of leather armor, hopefully easily moveable in so that Flat could still fly, while retaining its defensive properties. Zak was looking only for a helmet, however. Astor was as well, as he continued to attempt to improve his own abilities in magic with the old man. Even Gaweir was, as he did his best to market a somewhat crude image of Flat flying to the populace. Xix, however, was not, as she continued to follow her recently edited list, once again entering her computer and researching: this time, on the obelisks.

In the leather shop, the man at the desk was quite surprised with the order which Flat desired, and Abronychus helped to design. With the size of Flat, and the desired crafts, the total came to 16 stones.

"I'm sorry, but it is a good deal of leather you are requesting to be used."
"Fine, we'll accept. How long will this take to create?"
"For this large an order, you should give us at least two days. We're pretty fast workers, but like I said, that is a good deal of leather."

Flat coughed up the two squares and 6 triangles, as well as an additional 4 triangles, for Zak to use on his helmets. With it, he decided to purchase a thick leather coif, and steel cap to place on top, and preferably attach. As both the leatherworker and blacksmith had said, they had such items on hand, and Zak was able to receive the finished product within minutes.

While the three returned to the HQ, Gaweir had found a potential buyer for his piece. The villager had agreed to pay three triangles for the painting, which was two higher than most of the offers he had received. Gaweir gladly accepted, pocketing the few triangles he made from his "masterpiece."

Xix, meanwhile, was having little luck with the obelisks. She had recently found a useful program, with which she could, vaguely, search for relevant data using images, which were scanned and loosely interpreted. With text searching, and even image searching, however, nothing came up... until she noticed the government site had come up once again. It seemed these obelisks were also hidden from the public, as with her. Perhaps they were connected?

Of the group, Astor was having the most interesting experience. Rather than browsing the internet, or browsing leathers, or browsing potential buyers for a picture, he was browsing scrolls to try. The old man encouraged Astor to pick which he felt sounded most suited for him.

"Hmm... Lightning sounds like my preferred choice. It sounds potent, dangerous, yet agile and extremely fast. It's perfect!"
"Quite perfect! I've always favored it myself, mainly due to the bright and eye-pleasing lightshows it creates when cast. Very well, I wanted you to get a feel for other elements, but you seem quite sure of yourself, so why not center on it now? The sooner you do, the sooner you'll perfect your art!"

The old man shuffled through his list of scrolls and took out a scroll with light-blue to teal colored runes etched onto it, and gave it to Astor.

"Scrolls are the intermediate of enchantment and casting. They are objects imbued with power, and thus considerably weaker than direct casting, but are destroyed in the casting process, releasing its energy with greater force, but not a force as great as casting. To put it simply, casting creates the most powerful spells, but drains a great deal of energy from the caster. Enchanted items take even more energy to enchant, but once enchanted can cast many more times than a caster normally could. But, enchanted item's spells are considerably weaker. Scrolls have less power than a cast spell, but more than an enchanted item. They will drain more energy from you than a cast spell would, but less than an enchanted item's creation. Plus, scrolls can be used by nearly anyone; just read and point is usually how it works! I'm talking too much again, here you go."

Astor examined the scroll quickly, before pocketing it.

"I'd love to continue this training, but alas, the day is shortening, and I can see you are beginning to tire slightly. We'll also continue your focusing on the electrical arts tomorrow as well. You should rest up, even if you could easily stay awake further. Trust me, casting while you are sleepy is a very bad idea. Never do it!"

As Astor left back to the HQ, following the man's orders, Zak came by.

"Excuse me, I was wondering if you would be able to help me out with enchanting?"
"I'm sure I'd be able to! What is it, specifically, that you need?"
"It's my boots. I'd like to have them help me out with speed, agility, endurance, things like that. Mainly helping to soften my landing from high falls."
"Hmm... extra speed is no problem at all, that is quite easy to do. Agility and endurance, a bit more difficult, but for me hardly any different to speed. I could do all of that for free, for you. As for the landing, that would require a bit more. As you are going with the group, I'm assuming, to help rid of those Rahn inya, however, I'll still do it for free. You'll need to give me time, though. By tomorrow morning, I promise to have the necessary equipment."
"Alright, I'll keep you to your word, and see you in the morning!"

Flat:
 - Wounds: bruised head effects=tired (-actions), fairly full, severe headache (-actions), sleepy
 - Inventory: Lost Blue Square (2). Lost Green Triangle (10)
 - Skills: none

Astor:
 - Wounds: lightly bruised effects=sleepy
 - Inventory: Given Scroll of Nova

Xix:
 - Wounds: none effects=sleepy
 - Inventory: Laptop acquired improved searching technology
 - Skills: Researching skill increased slightly

Gaweir:
 - Wounds: chipped skull status=treated effects=sleepy
 - Inventory: Given Green Triangle (3)
 - Skills: Drawing skill increased slightly

Abronychus:
 - Wounds: lightly bruised effects=sleepy
 - Inventory: none

Zak:
 - Wounds: none effects=tired
 - Inventory: Bought Thick Leather Coif (steel-capped top)
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 11, 2008, 11:17:59 pm »

I'm going to leave any items that could be ruined by water in the hut. Then I'm going to look for a pond to sleep in with my ability to breathe water. Before I sleep in it, I'm going to examine it to make sure that it really is just a pond and that horrible octopus monsters aren't going to drag me through an underwater passage and forcibly convert me to the cult of their ancient demon-god or anything like that.

I might as well tell people that I can breathe water, too. Just so they don't wake me up screaming "OH MY GOD HE DROWNED HE'S DEAD" when they find me lying in the bottom of the pond.

If I can't find a pond, I'm going to ask about the island's fishing and pearl diving industry.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 11:20:56 pm by inaluct »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 11, 2008, 11:21:39 pm »

I'm terribly sorry. Memory of a narcoleptic rock here.
Quotable!
Especially as I tent to have the same problem myself.

I guess Xix has really no IC reason to do anything but continue the list, once she hears abaut how generous the old man is she'll want something but she dont really know that yet.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 11, 2008, 11:25:26 pm »

I shall find a nice high place to sleep on. Like a tall tree or building. If not, I'll find something to lay on and sleep. Outside. In the moonlight. It's nice laying in the moon.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 11, 2008, 11:49:13 pm »

I didn't even get any Fashion Sense skill points from that.  :P

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 11, 2008, 11:54:30 pm »

Next Turn:

Eh. Still need to finish what I intended last turn. Except, perhaps instead of sleeping, I'll go along with the list that Xix made. After I finish getting my shield repaired of course. The village defense is Important to. (Yeah. You guilted me into it. I hope your proud of yourself. :P)

Also, I don't think I am trying to make my turns the same exact length. I think your just paranoid.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 11:56:19 pm by WorkerDrone »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 12, 2008, 12:06:42 am »

Zak sets up lots of noise tripwires around the village so to wake them if anything should sneak up on them in the night. He does both low to the ground and higher up. He then returns to HQ, rubs out the drawing of the camp off the back of his book after he copies it to paper, reads a bit then sleeps in the HQ, weapons within arms reach.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 12, 2008, 12:08:38 am »

Watch, I bet it turns out there's a werewolf here, and someone's gonna wake up without a throat. Hopefully, werewolves can't swim.

Unless they're... Aquatic werewolves. *shudder*

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 12, 2008, 12:10:37 am »

Aquatic Werewolves

The game is over.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 12, 2008, 12:12:37 am »

Werefish?

OH GOD, WERECARP!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 12, 2008, 11:16:15 am »

Astor returns to HQ, stowing away his newly acquired stuff. He practices a little bit on magic(Low-power stuff, as not to loose control and blast something away) before putting his old stuff back on. Before he goes to sleep on whatever is available, he asks Xix on what is going on and what they shall do tomorrow.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 13, 2008, 02:26:12 pm »

"So, how's the turn forecast looking in Vaiolisland? Let's go to Vaiolis with the weather."

Camera cuts over to a shot of Vaiolis, standing in front of a map of the current game.

"Well, Inaluct, all the viewers at home will be (happy/sad) to know that..."

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 13, 2008, 05:33:47 pm »

Hehehe, Vaiolisland. Vaiol island. That's what I should name the place you're all at :P

Well, Inaluct, all the viewers at home will be happy to know that the turn forecast is looking quite clear for the week. Tonight, and this coming Sunday have a good chance of rain, possible tornadoes, maybe a spontaneously appearing volcano or earthquake, but after that it should be nothing but sunshine and warm weather!
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36