Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - the old one!  (Read 45728 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #270 on: December 11, 2008, 12:39:47 am »

Hmm. They are Webby's stones. So. RUN FLAT! RUN! Don't cough 'em up for nothin'!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 11, 2008, 12:41:48 am »

I want to live as well as I haven't got a helmet!

Fine then, Zak only takes enough to buy the thick leather coif and steel helm. Then he talks to the old man about the enchantments he can get on his boots.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 11, 2008, 12:45:37 am »

Next Turn:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Changed my turn. :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 11, 2008, 09:53:51 am »

I want to live as well as I haven't got a helmet!

Fine then, Zak only takes enough to buy the thick leather coif and steel helm. Then he talks to the old man about the enchantments he can get on his boots.
Try and make a living, you hobo. I work hard to make this money. Why not give sword lessons to someone or something? Or work?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 11, 2008, 10:30:37 am »

His main line of work is killing people, and he takes money from corpses and from contracts. He teaches those he trusts to a degree so his knowledge isnt used against himself.

Assassin remember?

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 11, 2008, 11:19:34 am »

Hehe, sorry Webadict. As you may have noticed on reading, even high-quality objects cost few stones (decorated, however...), and you actually have amassed a fair sum. And with most of your buyers being unarmed, unarmored, and quite poor, you are probably at a down streak :P

The amount of wealth those villagers have will probably go back to normal within a few game weeks, after the shopkeepers purchase materials from them.

I'll make the turn later today. Gives Armok time to make a turn if ye get time, but the real reason is I've other things to do. Not enough to prevent a turn, but yeah, late is the time of its arrival. That doesn't mean it will look terrible though, nor betray the king.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 11, 2008, 11:29:47 am »

His main line of work is killing people, and he takes money from corpses and from contracts. He teaches those he trusts to a degree so his knowledge isnt used against himself.

Assassin remember?
Doesn't help you now, does it? I suppose you can have some, as long as it doesn't interfere with my armor costs. Maybe the armorsmith can make wing guards!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 11, 2008, 05:06:39 pm »

And weigh you the hell down.

If you know what I mean, think of Flat, huffing and puffing as he trys to lift himself up with all that metal on his wings. Now think of him riseing to a decent height.

Now think of him going downward, in a spiral, out of control. Pretty thought? Its prettier when you think of that with a person riding him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 11, 2008, 05:14:18 pm »

Yeah, but that's part of what the armorsmith is gonna be trying to do. Get me able to hold someone, wear armor, AND fly all at the same time.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 11, 2008, 05:39:31 pm »

Steel is heavy, end of story.

If you are going to put armour on a bird you need magic, hell you could make it have NEGATIVE weight and thus HELP him flying!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 11, 2008, 07:36:39 pm »

I have a better idea for my action. Instead of speaking to the forest or whatever, I'm going to make Flat FAAAABULOUS by trying to get him to buy leather bird-armor. Steel is expensive (how do these islanders even get it, anyway?!), so leather is a better idea.

If he absolutely refuses to cooperate, I'm going to ask villagers about their obligatory pearl diving industry and fishing industry. We need to know a little bit more about their culture if we want to grind their enemies under our probably barefoot heels. Well, my character isn't wearing shoes, at least.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 11, 2008, 07:37:49 pm »

I have a better idea for my action. Instead of speaking to the forest or whatever, I'm going to make Flat FAAAABULOUS by trying to get him to buy leather bird-armor. Steel is expensive (how do these islanders even get it, anyway?!), so leather is a better idea.

If he absolutely refuses to cooperate, I'm going to ask villagers about their obligatory pearl diving industry and fishing industry. We need to know a little bit more about their culture if we want to grind their enemies under our probably barefoot heels. Well, my character isn't wearing shoes, at least.
Leather's fine with me. Just something to make me less death prone.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 11, 2008, 07:38:40 pm »

I just realized that my character is the only human who isn't wearing shoes.  :P

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 11, 2008, 08:18:10 pm »

And I think that I'm the only one who has socks.  ;)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 11, 2008, 09:30:55 pm »

There wern't any socks in the 1500's. Only hose. Crap. I just gave away some character info. Now I'll have to kill you all. *Pulls out shotgun.* Now stand still while I load this thing.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36