Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - the old one!  (Read 45732 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #240 on: December 07, 2008, 02:29:21 am »

((this computor is not suposedd to still be on, but I saw this and 'll do my turn quickly, if nt new turn by tomorow I'll probably want something more thought into))
I question him some more on the specifics, like how the obelisks work, what resources the Rahn inya posses, and some multiversal physics questions he wont understand. I then go and check the stuff on the web and try to figure out more spesificaly how it works whit different universes and what techique they are most likely using. I then follow the list.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 07, 2008, 02:48:38 am »

I must say that if this has ANYTHING to do with Stephen Kings "The Talisman" book, I will ruin my pants with joy. Possibly even several feet around my computer.

But yes, Astor investigates the old man for anything that he could use or practice. His old home valued magic men, and he feels it would be best to use such power to save his home and family.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 07, 2008, 04:05:52 am »

After resting for a bit, Zak then decides to go to the leather shop, see what they have and their prices. He then goes to the blacksmith and does the same thing. If he can he then buys a leather helm and then a steel helm to go over top of it. He also asks if the blacksmith can attach some steel plates to his armor focusing on the groin, lower body and neck.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 07, 2008, 04:07:47 am »

Abronychus searches high and low for signs of amphibious fish like lungfish and mudskippers. If there aren't any, he stacks up rocks inside the HQ, or something.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 07, 2008, 04:34:22 am »

I'll relax again, but also try and get some pen and paper, and try and draw a picture Flat as he's flying. The Villagers seem to be entranced with him anyway. Should I do well enough, I don't see why some poor sucker lucky villager wouldn't jump at the chance to buy it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 07, 2008, 10:41:33 am »

People paying to ride me while flying! Well, then I'll fly some more! It's good practice for actually carrying people (maybe I'll be able to carry two some time.)

I'll offer some more rides for flying. Maybe I can practice some aerial stunts, too... Maybe without people riding the first time, to figure if it's safe.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 07, 2008, 11:15:22 am »

Alright, turn 14 might be up today, but it might not. I'm busy working at my second college application, which should also be my last.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 07, 2008, 09:17:24 pm »

hmm, one thing I didn't have time to write before:
If you mean what I think you mean by "parallel universe", then PLEASE dont, that trope is so nonsensical in makes Harry Potter look like hard scifi!
And magic is no excuse to ignore any sense of logic and causality, there is simply no way you'd get a universe were the geography was different but t.ex. software standards and history were the same, the reverse is decently probable in comparison because you can simply imagine they branched of at some point in history and so once upon a time were exactly identical, but the reverse simply makes no sense whatsoever!
[/rant]
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 07, 2008, 09:20:15 pm »

Just because it's not likely does not make it impossible. Though, I'm sure your internet access will not work in other worlds, especially now since you've just pointed that out.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 07, 2008, 09:26:43 pm »

Great job. You broke the Macroverse.

Pennywise is angry with you. Very. Angry.

Don't worry though. The turtle will protect us. :D

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 07, 2008, 10:48:56 pm »

Look, if it's going to turn into Superman or Futurama or Doctor Who I'm leaving. several universes is a good idea is a bit overused, but "parallel" universes make no sense on any level, or at least I have never heard of any work were they come even close to doing so.
I just REALLY hate that trope, sorry.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 07, 2008, 11:05:18 pm »

Before I go to bed, I'll reassure you before you commit to leaving: it is not what you're thinking. As the old man said, he also does not know everything, and thus he is in room for plenty of error. Perhaps his own beliefs are blinding his judgment. As you've seen, there are many shamans around; they may believe such parallels exist. Besides, nobody has learned why the Rahn inya are doing what they're doing, and simply destroying everything is hardly doing anything useful for them.

If you haven't noticed, I'm a very scientific person (not that I'm perfectly educated in the sciences, but you know what I mean), and as such things that make little to no sense annoy me to no end. If I had done actual parallel universes, I would never have made this RPG in the first place :P

...yeah, magic is my one exception to that annoyance. Oh well.

And sorry, no turn tonight :-[
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 07, 2008, 11:12:18 pm »

Some people pull it off. I don't care what you say, The Talisman was freakin' awesome.

So it really depends. Lets just see how this works out.

Edit: Reply here. Darn.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 07, 2008, 11:53:56 pm »

You have greatly reasured me Valios, thanks!

Some people pull it off. I don't care what you say, The Talisman was freakin' awesome.
That was the reason for me adding "...or at least I have never heard of any work were they come even close to doing so.", I have never heard of that book before. I doubt I'd agree whit you but until I read it I cant be 100%.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 08, 2008, 12:12:05 am »

Stephen King. Oh lord, I read that in middle school. Nightmares of horrors and dreams of awesomeness.

But again, lets see what happens. At least there is a plot of somesorts now other than "You are on an island. Things are trying to kill you. Good luck!"

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36