Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - the old one!  (Read 45727 times)

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #225 on: December 06, 2008, 03:23:28 pm »

Alright. I'll post by tonight, or once Armok and Duke post their turns! Once I get a slightly better feel for everyone, especially Zako as he recently joined (or at least more recently than the first 5), more spots will be opening up! Probably by turn 20 or so if the plot moves as I believe it will. Might be a bit later though. Or sooner if I do to them what I did to Zako (have them join before the main group finds them).
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 06, 2008, 05:41:34 pm »

I feed everybody except flat some soup. Well, at least i offer it. Seems flat has enough money to get his own food(Like the bread earlier.)

If he really insists, I'll give flat my bowl of soup. I'll survive. somehow.

Watch as my character collapses in hunger during the next danger arc.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 06, 2008, 06:01:55 pm »

Then Flat can eat you later aswell!

Woot! Birdy food! :P

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 06, 2008, 06:02:42 pm »

Astor feeds you and you eat his starving body?

Classy.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 06, 2008, 06:11:58 pm »

Indeed good sir.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 06, 2008, 07:04:36 pm »

now THIS is what I call a productive turn!  :D

This turn:
I eat while explaining various science and technology basics to the others, then I go continue following the list.

Spoiler: The File: (click to show/hide)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 06, 2008, 07:25:56 pm »

Fine! I won't eat any soup! I'll just get some more money!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 06, 2008, 08:48:14 pm »

And then blow all your money on cheap bread and meats?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 06, 2008, 08:56:17 pm »

And then blow all your money on cheap bread and meats?
Don't mock my lifestyle! I gave you my healing amulet!

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 06, 2008, 09:36:35 pm »

hehehe. Only problem with your list Xix is, how much magic do you really know? :P You probably know more than the others, as you are the kind of person who would most likely research everything at least a little, but sadly nobody ever made a magic-based character. :( Ah well, there will be plenty of chances!

Anyways, turn will be up within an hour or two or something.

But before that, one last note: I suggest nobody ever let Flat go hungry. With how much he eats anyway, and that he gladly ate a dead Rahn inya, who knows what who might be next for his dinner. Or second dinner. Or third.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 06, 2008, 10:07:49 pm »

I think Xix went a magic course in high school, and that's about the level of it.

I still have to type out that backstory for her, I have thought it up like a week ago but haven't gotten around to writing it down.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 06, 2008, 10:13:49 pm »

hehehe. Only problem with your list Xix is, how much magic do you really know? :P You probably know more than the others, as you are the kind of person who would most likely research everything at least a little, but sadly nobody ever made a magic-based character. :( Ah well, there will be plenty of chances!

Anyways, turn will be up within an hour or two or something.

But before that, one last note: I suggest nobody ever let Flat go hungry. With how much he eats anyway, and that he gladly ate a dead Rahn inya, who knows what who might be next for his dinner. Or second dinner. Or third.
He doesn't eat PEOPLE! ... Well, I mean living people. He just eats his kills... And a lot of things. He eats a lot now so he doesn't need to eat later.

And just so you know, if he ever DOES get hungry from that, he can always digest some of his inventory (So, it's best NOT to let him hold it.)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 06, 2008, 10:14:54 pm »

Hey, if we had a midget, F.L.A.T. could carry it around in his gullet-thing.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 06, 2008, 11:10:15 pm »

Wait, so we could have our characters learn magic?

I had the idea of Astor gaining some Shaman-style abilities, but that would require another shaman, fighting and looting.

That or finding a shaman, gifting and learning.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 07, 2008, 01:20:58 am »

Quite a bit of talking for a certain character this round. It may look like I revealed everything there ever is to know, but don't worry, there's still plenty left to discover!

Turn 13
Group 1: Flat, Astor, Xix, Gaweir, Abronychus, Zak
Flat: I already ate! But I'll have some more! I'll do some more rides for the villagers for money!
Astor: I feed everybody except flat some soup. Well, at least i offer it. Seems flat has enough money to get his own food.
Xix: I eat while explaining various science and technology basics to the others, then I go continue following the list.
Gaweir: Realizing that I haven't eaten in who knows how long, and knowing that my field provisions really are only for when there is no food around, I quickly decide to partake in a meal, all thanks to my good friend Astor. After which, I try and find a proper whetstone, and sit down and relax.
Abronychus: I read the scroll silently, then I spar with Zak, specifically avoiding using my trident, and then go eat... food.
Zak: Zak decides to eat to regain strength and practices sword fighting skills with Abronychus afterward. Practice makes perfect after all!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the sound of Astor, most of the party realized how hungry they actually were. It had been some time since their last meal, except for Flat. Xix, Gaweir, and Flat went over to where Astor was, eagerly wanting food. Before Astor could serve, however, he realized he had no bowls aside from the large one, so he made a quick trip to the store, after taking out a few triangles from Flat, and purchased 6. He then filled 5 of them, as Zak stated he would eat some of his own provisions, and Abronychus said he would after examining his scroll.

While the three others, and Astor, ate their mushroom soup, and Zak ate his provisions nearby, Abronychus took out the scroll he had found from the shaman, and opened it up. Quickly looking over it, he found it was covered in blue runes, and felt unusually cold. As he began to read it, however, his hands started to develop an icy mist, and he quickly stopped, realizing this must be some sort of magic scroll, which would cast a spell. And an ice one at that.

"Xix, take a look at this scroll, but don't read it! I believe it is magical."
"Here, let me see it. I know every magic scroll has a title at the top, which labels it for casters, and is safe to read... however I'm not sure how I can search for these characters on the web. I don't believe I have any image recognition software."
"I think it's an ice spell, as I started to read it, and the air around my hands grew blue and cold."
"Well then, we'd better not read it until there's an enemy to attack with it. Keep it handy."

After a few more moments looking at the scroll, the rest of the group had finished their meals, aside from Flat, who had finished his seconds after receiving it. Zak drew his longsword and began to swing it around, practicing his maneuvering with the blade. While he did this, Abronychus drew his sword as well, and used it to parry one of Zak's swings.

"Care to spar a bit?"
"Only if you think you can keep up!"

Zak grinned and began to swing at Abronychus. Abronychus, not as skilled with a blade as Zak was, had a bit of trouble working his blade, however he could quickly match Zak's blows with his speed. Xix and Gaweir watched them, quite impressed with the speed at which they fought, however Astor was not as impressed. Abronychus kept up his parrying for a while, before attempting to go on the offensive. Zak was slightly overwhelmed by the swiftness of his blows, but managed to block each with precision.

While they fought, Gaweir asked Flat for a square and went off to the four stores, to see if any of them sold whetstones. The first store, which held home provisions and food, was no help, as was the old man's apparent magic shop. The third store held a tanners, where a group of people were busy tanning leathers and creating various objects, as well as clothing and armors. The fourth store, lo and behold, help a blacksmith, who had a variety of surprisingly well crafted weapons and armors, and a few other blacksmithing essentials. One of which was a whetstone. Gaweir asked if he could purchase it, and the blacksmith, surprisingly a female, agreed, for precisely one square. Gaweir asked for a bit of help in carrying it, and brought it to the outside of the HQ, where he got one of the chairs, sat down, and began to sharpen his sword, watching the sparks fly, and the other two spar.

Flat, meanwhile, noticing his money supply quickly depleting, went back off to a group of villagers and offered rides once again. Most agreed and gave him further currency to eat, however a few wanted to try flying. Flat didn't think this would be any problem, and let, one at a time rather than the usual two, villagers ride him above the village, where they remarked wildly about the amazing view of the island.

Unlike the others, Xix did not care too much for laying back when work could be done. She asked Astor to help her improve the HQ further, and he agreed. Xix began to study around the jungle again, taking a few samples of dirt and sifting through them, determining as much about their contents as possible. Astor interrupted Flat before he took off on another flight, and asked for more triangles, as well as a square. Flat gave him the rest of the triangles, as well as the square he asked for. Heading down to the old man's store, Astor inquired as to what healthcare objects he might have for sale. The man, searching through his many shelves and cabinets, found for Astor a box with a long roll of fabric, used for bandaging, a large purple flower, which he said had a bunch of seeds inside which, when eaten, would speed up the healing process, and three red fruits, similar to tomatoes, which he explained had juices which acted as decent disinfectants for open wounds, with little pain. Astor handed him the currency he had, and walked away with the objects, placing them onto the shelves in the HQ for later use, if needed.

By now, Abronychus had taken a break from sparring, breathing heavily, and ate the last serving of soup, while Zak rested on the ground, also quite tired.

"Xix, as I believe your name is. May I speak to you for a moment?"

Xix looked up from the ground to see the old man standing above her. The first thing she noticed was that he was not smiling. She got up from the ground.

"Sure. Is something wrong?"
"As you know, the Rahn inya have been attacking us for quite some time, I'm sure Kogar has told you that. However, what he might not have told you is that they are the evil that is presumably soon to conquer the world, or rather worlds. The beings you were sent to kill on that ship - the Rahn inya are them. Of course, you may have already guessed this. What I need to tell you is about the obelisk that crumbled. That obelisk is no mere magic rock. It does not teleport people from one area to another. It does not even travel through time. From where you used to be, you are now in a completely separate universe. However, it is a parallel one, thus many things you see here will be very similar in the other multiverses. Even I don't know how you managed to get here from your ship, and I can't tell you how I know from hence you came, but the fact is you are here now. Anyway, I digress. That obelisk is one of many on this island, which the Rahn inya are using to go from one world to another, with this world being their central land where they come from. However, these obelisks break once the world they are located in falls to the Rahn inya. The problem is, those obelisks are also one way - from the other multiverses to this one. The obelisk they use to get to the other worlds, I'm afraid, is most likely in the volcano. Why they leave to these other worlds and return, I do not know, but they conquer every world they get to. So far, only one world has fallen. as only one obelisk has broken, and that is the one from the blue obelisk that crumbled."
"I... that's terrible! So, are we to assault this volcanic lair and defeat the Rahn inya then?"
"If only you could. We were very lucky with the blue obelisk, as the Rahn inya destroyed nearly the entire world there before finding it, thus we had little to no attacks. However, the other worlds will not be. It is too late for the other worlds; if they have not fought back the Rahn inya, they already have too powerful a foothold in those worlds to be eliminated. Our only hope, as this world has kept the Rahn inya at bay, is to destroy those obelisks to prevent the Rahn inya from entering our realm. Or, if we cannot succeed at that, we must find and keep the keystones away from them. But they grow more powerful by the day, and new, more powerful types of them appear just as frequently.
"But the threat will still remain, won't it?"
"Yes. I'm not sure how you can enter their volcanic lair, nor do I know what awaits you within. For now, the best we can do is stop them from entering, at least for now. After that, then we might determine what is necessary to fully eliminate the threat. You can probably rest a while longer, perhaps even for the night, but after I suggest you go with haste to find the other obelisks."
"Alright. But, how can we locate them? We hardly knew this blue one was here until it did something, and we had been here for at least an hour!"
"Yes, that's the last part. I have here a stone disk..."

The old man took from a pocket of his robe a small stone disk, roughly 3/4 of a foot in diameter. On it was a thin stream of colored light.

"I'm sure you can already tell how it works. The light's color signifies the obelisk, and its direction is where the obelisk resides. If you want to ask anything more, I'll be at my magic emporium. Also come by if you're looking for anything that deals with magic, enchanting, things such as that. Good luck."

Flat:
 - Wounds: none effects=tired, fairly full
 - Inventory: Lost Green Triangle Stone (6). Lost Blue Square Stone (2). Given Green Triangle Stone (9). Given Blue Square Stone (1)
 - Skills: Flying skill increased moderately. Gliding skill increased moderately. Carrying skill increased greatly. Language skill increased slightly. Language Comprehension skill increased slightly. Fast Movement skill increased slightly
            Flat's Carrying skill is now at level 4!
            Flat's Language skill is now at level 2!

Astor:
 - Wounds: lightly bruised effects=none
 - Inventory: none
 - Skills: Language skill increased slightly. Language Comprehension skill increased slightly

Xix:
 - Wounds: none
 - Skills: Observation skill increased slightly

Gaweir:
 - Wounds: cracked skull status=treated effects=faster tiring
 - Inventory: Fine Steel Longsword is sharpened (+damage for 10 hits)
 - Skills: Metal Weapon Improving skill increased greatly. Blacksmithing skill increased slightly.
            Gaweir's Metal Weapon Improving skill is now at level 2!

Abronychus:
 - Wounds: lightly bruised effects=tired (-actions)
 - Skills: Blocking skill increased moderately. Sword skill increased moderately. Dodging skill increased moderately
            Abronychus' Sword skill is now at level 2!

Zak:
 - Wounds: none effects=tired (-actions)
 - Skills: Blocking skill increased moderately. Sword skill increased moderately. Dodging skill increased moderately
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36