Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - the old one!  (Read 45718 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #195 on: December 03, 2008, 08:23:39 pm »

Astor, looking again for a chance to show off, takes the keystone from the rubble and looks for the others on what to do. Particularly anybody he remembers is in charge. Also, if he gets the chance, identify the mushroom.

Actually... An Idea came to me...
 Astor takes some of the stone fragments as ammo.

Yup, not much to do here.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 03, 2008, 08:40:29 pm »

Abronychus glares at Astor and mumbles something about "my loot" before trailing off.

Then he goes and talks to Zak, introducing the group and explaining their skills and how they plan to pull off the heist save the world.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 03, 2008, 09:14:20 pm »

Well, you can only have one status. And since the one everybody else sees is in that condition, that shall be written. Most people who have a dream after breaking their arm do not have a broken arm in their dream. Or at least I didn't, not sure about anybody else. Yeah, kinda gave away the dream thing, but I figured you'd get the hint when I said that "he found his vision quite foggy, as though it were a dream..."

But oh well, secrets are meant to be discovered! Whether your dream is pointless or foreshadowing is for you to ponder on, and for me to set in stone later on :P
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 03, 2008, 09:17:43 pm »

Workerdrone, this is your chance to explore your inner psyche, have a dream vision, and become our group's occult guy.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 04, 2008, 01:16:50 am »

I search for more things to take with me while everyone else is distracted by the soldier and the barbarian. Then I eat it! Also, I ACTUALLY eat something to, if possible. I'm hungry...

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 04, 2008, 05:43:35 am »

Workerdrone, this is your chance to explore your inner psyche, have a dream vision, and become our group's occult guy.

Shove it.  ;D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 04, 2008, 02:35:26 pm »

Alright, you'll just look around then and do whatever seems correct for the setting :P

Sadly, today looks to be another unproductive day. Got my first college application in, another to go, checklists to go over for my transcripts, have to study what the courses I'm taking actually involve, and on top of all that I have a bunch of foreign language projects due tomorrow. And my arms hurt.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 05, 2008, 04:59:15 pm »

Slow down imminent. No, not my updating, the plot, as you've probably noticed by the action and turn lengths. Will speed up later, but for now little seems to be occurring in the village since the destruction of that rock...

Long turn anyway though, mainly due to all the conversations.

Turn 11
Group 1: Flat, Astor, Xix, *Gaweir*, Abronychus, Zak
Flat: I search for more things to take with me while everyone else is distracted by the soldier and the barbarian. Then I eat it! Also, I ACTUALLY eat something to, if possible. I'm hungry...
Astor: Looking again for a chance to show off, I take the keystone (I like that, keystone, good name for it) from the rubble and look for the others on what to do. Particularly anybody I remember is in charge. Also, if I get the chance, I identify the mushroom. I also take some of the stone fragments as ammo.
Xix: If anyone is still fighting, I try to get them to stop, then I try to figure out who is the evil one(s). Then I try to get whoever is not evil to join the group. I also question them all much in general, especially about the technology they encountered.
Gaweir: I'll do...dream stuff.
Abronychus: I glare at Astor and mumble something about "my loot" before trailing off. Then I go and talk to Zak, introducing the group and explaining their skills and how they plan to save the world.
Zak: I decide to examine all the other people to see what they are possible of in a fight. I say to the others that going to high ground to look over the island for other Rahn Inya approaching. I then stand sentry from a suitable spot where archers won't be able to hit me easily.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun was nearing a low point in the sky, signifying that evening was quickly approaching, and that the sun, within an hour or two, would soon set. Seeing that Gaweir was healing nicely, and would be okay for a while, Flat left the hut and began to walk around, looking for other useful objects as well as some food. While he did this, Abronychus and Astor went over to the rubble pile, Astor leading. Astor quickly went over to the keystone and picked it up, along with multiple appropriately-sized rock chunks, while Abronychus looked at him menacingly. Xix exited from where she was and introduced herself to Zak, who smiled and introduced himself as well, while examining her closely. Xix eyed him warily and backed off slightly, but Zak had already looked behind him and was looking at the others in the same fashion, so Xix returned.

After taking some objects, Astor went back over to Xix, along with Abronychus, who followed grumbling.

"So what was that weapon that man had used, exactly?"
"I'm not entirely sure. All I know is that all of those weapons, big or small, are given a common name as "gun," but it seems each one also has a specific name as well. Kind of like how we have bows, then we have longbows, shortbows, and such."
"They seem quite useful, do you know of anyway we could obtain more?"
"They are very complicated, I'd have no idea how to make one even with the right materials."
"Hmm... what other sorts of things were there?"
"Many. There were these metal flying machines, which came with extremely powerful fire magic, as well as metal machines that could move on land with incredible power, and similar fire magic. And then the armor these people wear is also incredible, although it doesn't look it."
"So what should we do next?"
"With the enemies I saw, we had better make sure we are ready for any attacks that might come. At best, we should find a suitable high area to look across the island, preferably one that is also quite safe."
"An observant person would be best. Perhaps Xix could. It would be away from fighting and such. But at the same time, I feel we shouldn't dwindle here, we need to keep moving. As you might guess, we want to stop the evil that is occurring here. Besides, with Flat's flying, Xix's smarts, Gaweir's combat abilities, Astor's speed, and my... uhh... cool helmet, we're sure to win!"
"Hey, I can fight, I just choose not to. But I am the most observant, so I could. And you also may be right about moving forward, however we are most certainly not sure to win, at least not yet. A human guy with big muscles tore Gaweir apart! We'd best stay for a while, hone our skills, and help defend these people. But first, help me find the rest of my staff!"
"Alright, but I want to keep an eye out for attacks once we're done."
"Alright, you go search. I need to figure out what this mushroom I found is."
"Maybe it's... a mushroom? Nooo, couldn't be..."
"You know what I mean. I'll return shortly"

Zak and Abronychus went off through the village, near where Xix's staff had been damaged, while Xix grabbed her staff back from the man and then joined them. Astor went into the hut closest to their HQ, where he found Flat squawking at an apparent shopkeeper.

"SQUAWK!!!"
"No! You can't have this bread for free!"
"Hey, you don't speak the language of the other villagers?"
"No, none of the shopkeepers here do, lucky for you. Is this your bird? Tell it that it can't have this bread for free!"
"If he isn't listening to the same language that me and my group uses, then there's not much I can do. Don't you have currency, Flat?"
"He does? It costs two of the triangle pieces."

Flat coughed up two green triangle stones, much to the disgust of the shopkeeper and Astor, and placed them on the counter.

"There, you have your bread, now please leave!"

Flat walked out of the store contentedly, gobbling up the loaf quickly. Astor took the orange mushrooms out and placed them onto the counter.

"So, could you tell me if these are edible, or what they do?"
"Ah! Yes, those are edible, and quite delicious! They make a good soup, if you mash and boil them in a bit of water. Or eat them raw, still good."
"Alright, thank you."

As Astor walked out of the shop, Xix, Abronychus, and Zak were busy scrounging around in the dirt, trying to find the foot of staff Xix had lost. Looking over towards the central small hut, Xix noticed the chunk of wood sitting next to its east wall. She smiled.

"Found it!"

Running over to the piece, Xix picked it up and tried simply placing it on top of her staff, where it had broken off, while pushing away the axe that hovered around. Sadly, it did not seem to work. She grumbled and tried hitting the two together harder, but still no effect came.

"Excuse me, miss, are you having trouble with an enchanted item there?"
"Oh, hello. Yes, the top of my staff was cleaved off by this axe. It was originally a staff of telekinesis, but now it cannot be used, and its telekinesis is permanently pulling the axe up to it."
"Here, let me see it, maybe I can help..."

Xix handed the staff and piece over to the strange man. He was a very old one, with a long gray beard and tan yet clean robes. He held a staff quite similar to that of Xix's, however the very top of it looked like the gnarled end of a root rather than a smooth tip. He was 5'6", and also wore sandals on the bottom of his feet, which were only just barely visible beneath the robe. The strangest part of him, however, was his gray eyes. Taking the two pieces, the man put them together in the correct fashion, and then wrapped his right hand around the point where they touched, covering the cut. With a quick blue flash, he lifted his hand away and revealed the staff completely fixed. The axe promptly fell to the ground.

"There you are, good as new. It's power is a bit diminished, unfortunately, but I can probably fix it up if I can find the right ingredients. I'll do that later though, and I'll let you know as soon as I get them!"
"Impressive, thank you!"

Xix took her staff with a curious yet genuinely impressed look, and returned to the hut with Gaweir, while Zak found a crude set of steps embedded in the large hut, and climbed them, preparing to scan around for any Rahn inya, or other things of interest. However, he didn't get far before a deep rumbling sent him off the steps, but luckily even from the great height he managed to roll on the ground and get to his feet, unscathed. The entire village fell silent as everyone looked to the volcano...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Looking down each path, Gaweir could not decide which to try. Any of the three would probably hold something quite interesting, but how could he know which to try first? Before he could make up his mind, however, a slight glow came from the path to the right. Gaweir looked towards it, squinting to see what it was, but couldn't make it out. He used this as his basis for making a choice, and began to take the right path.

After a minute or so following the path, Gaweir came across a small hole in the floor, the exact same size as the ceiling hole before, he noticed. Looking down, it was, as he suspected, seemingly endless, and was also unlit, unlike the rest of the glowing ice. Leaving the room, Gaweir then tried the central path. Down it, he found an even more curious discovery. It was a well carved out room, circular in shape, and had in the center a pedestal made of a yellowish-colored stone. On top of it was a small metal pole, which had four tiny metal spikes atop of it, as if it were supposed to hold something in between them.

Leaving this room, Gaweir took the last path to the left. At the end of this he found no more glowing ice, but pure black obsidian. It seemed to be a massive pipe in the ground, going deeper than visible. The hole also went into the ceiling, going higher than visible. Gaweir was careful not to fall in as he knelt down and tried harder to see. On the walls of the obsidian it was perfectly smooth, except for occasional deep cut marks, as though it were cut by claws. Suddenly, the cave began to rumble, and Gaweir saw, at the very bottom of the pipe, a glowing red. Taking a guess at what it was, Gaweir sprinted off to the room with the hole in the floor, the right path. However, arriving in the room, and jumping down the hole, he found that, for some strange reason, he could not go through. It was as though an invisible barrier prevented him from descending. Gaweir looked back down the hall, seeing a rush of magma coming from the obsidian pipe, and quickly approaching. He closed his eyes and waited for the inevitable...

Gaweir woke with a start in the hut, with Xix nearby, looking out a window at the volcano. He crawled slightly to the door and looked out as well, feeling a deep rumbling. He grew worried about the dream he had just had...

Flat:
 - Wounds: none
 - Inventory: Lost Green Triangle Stone (2)
 - Skills: Language skill increased slightly. Language Comprehension skill increased slightly

Astor:
 - Wounds: lightly bruised effects=none
 - Inventory: Found Blue Keystone. Found Jagged Stone (7) (+damage --accuracy). Identified Orange Mushrooms as Edible
 - Skills: none

Xix:
 - Inventory: Giant Telekinetical Axe Flail has become Staff of Telekinesis
 - Skills: Observation skill increased slightly

Gaweir:
 - Wounds: badly cracked skull status=decently treated effects=much faster tiring, tired (-actions)
 - Inventory: none
 - Skills: none

Abronychus:
 - Wounds: lightly bruised effects=none
 - Skills: Observation skill increased slightly

Zak:
 - Skills: Observation skill increased slightly. Climbing skill increased slightly. Precision Movements skill increased slightly

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 05, 2008, 06:37:00 pm »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 05, 2008, 06:52:52 pm »

Xix has a COMPUTER, she'd know what a GUN is, and a helicopter to. ::)
REALLY bugs me.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 05, 2008, 07:41:50 pm »

My turn:

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 05, 2008, 09:45:21 pm »

Xix does know what they are, but Zak does not. Technically, you asked specifically what weapon he used. Xix meant a pistol type (Colt, Luger, etc.), wanting to know that, since she already knew what a pistol was, but Zak didn't realize Xix already knew that, and thought she meant what a gun was in general. You also stated if Zak knew how to get one, not stating that you didn't know how to make one yourself, so once again he didn't realize how much you knew. And asking for other sorts just meant asking what other things they were using, not specifically meaning you didn't know what those things were. Zak just misunderstood, not realizing you already knew about it all. :)

I'm guessing it was the part where I said "they seem quite useful..." that threw you off, or her lack of stating "I already knew that you idiot!" The "they seem quite useful" part was a form of sarcasm, kind of like saying "Yes, great, don't care what they are, just tell me if you know where one might be for us!"

Sorry 'bout that :P
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 09:47:22 pm by Vaiolis »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 05, 2008, 09:58:17 pm »

"VOLCANO!"
OH GOD VOLCANO
My turn:

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 05, 2008, 10:09:54 pm »

Astor does not understand what is happening. He tries to find out from Xix, knowing her to be smart and has her magical glowey box of information. Granted to her by the patron god Wikipedia.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 05, 2008, 10:16:37 pm »

ho... ok then evrythghing is fine, you shuld have put something like ' "I'm not entirely sure. All I know is that all of those weapons, big or small, are given a common name as "gun," but it seems each one also has a specific name as well. Kind of like how we have bows, then we have longbows, shortbows, and such."
"They seem quite useful," Xix said sarcastic in annoyance over this primitive man not even knowing what a gun is " do you know of anyway we could obtain more?"
"They are very complicated, I'd have no idea how to make one even with the right materials." '

This turn:
I go to the HQ, disposing the heavy axe there, and then wiki some geology to see how much a hurry there is about the volcano.
     if there is much hurry: I look up volcano safety instructions in my book, or if not there I look on the web. I take down the computer and carry it whit me try to get others to cary the rest of the stuff, I then follow the instructions.
     If there is no or little hurry (unlikely something will happen in several days): I inform everyone it's safe and make them continue whit listed tasks, by now annoyed at everyone's lack of discipline

I get annoyed at only Astor seems to behave sensibly.

((Hope you intend to do this realistically, volcanoes IRL are much more interesting than the standard boring fantasy model.))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36