Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - the old one!  (Read 45700 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #150 on: November 30, 2008, 12:38:14 am »

Sounds fair enough Armok. Vaiolis, I think were all good.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 30, 2008, 12:40:59 am »

ok, ok, if I detect whit the foresight that he probably wont do any harm, I wont kill him, and ask him who he is instead, but if I cant determine it my turn remains unchanged. I figure the most likely possibility is the foresight detecting he WILL do harm, that's why I attacked  him in the first place.

Really, I know I seem to bossy, but not being so would be breaking character, so what am I supposed to do?
She is only this aggressive and bossy because of all the traumatic stress, in difference to you fighters she has spent her life at a desk.
I'm mysterious. I'm no fighter.

Oh god, I'm wearing an amulet of healing! Of course!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 30, 2008, 12:47:04 am »

I decide to leave the archeologists a message on a leaf, throw it into their camp and leave immediately. I return to spy on the army and try to find any clues as how to effectively kill them.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 30, 2008, 12:48:55 am »

Vaiolis, I think were all good.
Seconded. I want an update when I wake up tomorrow.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 30, 2008, 01:00:15 am »

Still need Duke :-\

It's a bit too late for me anyways, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow shall hold the update if Duke posts! If Duke doesn't, I'll type it up tomorrow night.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 30, 2008, 01:18:03 am »

Alas, today was filled with excitement! And by excitement, I mean mind-numbingly boring. Imagine writing an essay about the different elements of art in comparison between Reconciliation Elegy and Jack-in-the-Pulpit. And you are afraid of heights. And you need to see them up-close. And they are near 90-foot drops with glass railings.
 Artistic bastards...

But yes, don't sweat too much about skipping me in the future. I got the idea that you would just have characters go with the flow if we did not respond. Not to mention Astor is not the brains of the operation, and is basically there for orders. That is, unless I get him in a situation for character development.

For this turn, he gives a quick and simple summary of meeting this guy to the immediate group and readies his dagger. Seeing how the sling stones had no visible effect, he tries a pointy weapon. Any and all fighting will involve making his awe-arm useless, either through stabbing it or kicking it so hard he looses grasp of the axe. With that out of the way, he should be easily captured.
 If no fighting happens, he will look upon flat in relief that his wing has somewhat healed, and look for somebody who can identify the mushrooms. Perhaps he will bring up the subject of food. And with that, the subject of new footwear.

You know, if modern stuff is going to be involved here Astor is going to have to find a magic sling fast.
 Then again, fast is his thing.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 30, 2008, 01:20:05 am »

And with that, the subject of new footwear.
And with that, the subject of pants. And underwear.  :P

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 30, 2008, 01:45:08 am »

Bah, who needs pants? And he can run with no pants. No shoes is a bit more of a problem.

Please keep the mental image of a naked Astor running out of your mind. Mind you that's how the Spartans did it.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 30, 2008, 01:47:12 am »

mental image of a naked Astor running

Ugh.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 30, 2008, 02:22:58 am »

I guess you were expecting an >MAKE ME UNSEE IT!!!< here right?

To bad. I really DIDN'T imagine just that. Ugh.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 30, 2008, 03:23:45 am »

I hope your happy duke, you have just scarred my mind for life.

And the spartans were kickass enough to do it right.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 30, 2008, 03:36:54 am »

Do it...right?

Oh god.

WorkerDrone has been struck down!

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 30, 2008, 12:12:59 pm »

Vaiolis has been taken by Fey Mood #8!
Vaiolis takes a laptop, notebook with pencil, and a lucky turtle shell!
Vaiolis begins a mysterious construction...

Vaiolis cancels Fey Mood: interrupted by Duke's post x15
Vaiolis cancels read Duke's post: *blarf* x15

Vaiolis begins a mysterious construction...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 30, 2008, 12:25:40 pm »

I just realized I can use the threat of nudity for personal gains.

Watch out world! Here I come!

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 30, 2008, 01:47:38 pm »

Vaiolis has created Turn 8, an RPG post! All craftsmanship is of the finest quality. It menaces with spikes of epic battle in star ruby. On the post is an image of Flat in Adamantine. Flat is acting far more useful than usual.

Turn 8
Group 1: Flat, Astor, Xix, Gaweir, Abronychus
Flat: As long as the giant man does not hold any harmful intent towards the others or the villagers, I'll let him pass. Besides, I'm faster than he is. I'll try and rest up this round if I can.
Astor: For this turn, I give a quick and simple summary of meeting this guy to the immediate group and ready my dagger. Seeing how the sling stones had no visible effect, I try a pointy weapon. Any and all fighting will involve making his axe-arm useless, either through stabbing it or kicking it so hard he loses grasp of the axe. With that out of the way, he should be easily captured. If no fighting happens, I will look upon flat in relief that his wing has somewhat healed, and look for somebody who can identify the mushrooms. Perhaps he will bring up the subject of food. And with that, the subject of new footwear.
Xix: I order Gaweir and Abronychus to flank him, and flat to attack from above. I keep my distance, and try to pull the axe from his grip using the telekinesis, whither or not I succeed I then accelerate a 0.5 kg rock from somewhere behind me into his face at huge speed. If he still is attacking, I try to keep a long distance and fight whit the telekinesis. Once he is down I go back to HQ, update the list, and try again to get everyone following it, I continue to do what the list say after that.
Gaweir: I shall defend against the man if he is a threat, and order a flanking move against him with my comrades, as the man can't possibly stand against an attack against us, and we even have a giant bird with us. If he isn't, I say we let him pass. If he harms or steals, or any other kind of unfriendly action, we kill him of course...well okay, we don't have to. But if we have no choice...eh.
Abronychus: I'm going to loudly ask the armed stranger what he wants. If he acts hostile, I'm going to try and kill him by joust(sorry Zak). If F.L.A.T. throws me off, I'll just try and stab the axe guy. I'm going to make sure that he's hostile before we attack him. He might have peaceful intentions but just be really, really aggressive. If he isn't hostile, I'll try and strike up a conversation with him and find out where he's from and what he's doing. Again, now would be a good time to express my sorrow at the deaths of Kogar and the other guys. If he throws anything at me, I'll joust him. I SWEAR I'LL JOUST HIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The man stopped walking forward as he saw the group standing in front of him. Looking up, everyone could tell he was quite angry, most likely for them walking in his way. Gaweir and Astor stood still, preparing for any sudden attack. Flat shuffled a bit, Abronychus trying to keep him steady, as well as whisper to him his plans of jousting should the man be a threat. After only a short time, the man spoke up.

"This is your last chance to move! You defend these villagers so blindly, how do you know that they are kind? They are fighting against the Rahn inya, I'm sure you know, but have you ever asked why?"
"Just what is it you're doing here, then?"

While they spoke, Astor whispered to Gaweir, as well as directed his voice to Xix.

"I wouldn't trust what he says too much, back at the beach I stated I would try to stop him if he meant harm to the village. If he took th-"
"-That as a threat, then he must be planning to harm us in some way. He can't be trusted then. Prepare to flank him from the left. Gaweir, from the right. Tell Flat to attack from above, with or without Abronychus. An extra arm on Flat could help, as getting close to him without a weapon seems dangerous."

"If I don't tell you why I am here, you are bound to fight me. If I do tell you, you are still bound to fight me. The only way through this is to have me explain my full story, but I'd rather get a bit of practice in. Just in case I fail, I'll need to have my skills honed."

And so the fight began...
To start off with, Gaweir and Astor sprinted into separate sides of the jungle, moving towards the man on his sides. Abronychus tried to get Flat to attack, but Flat felt too tired, and set Abronychus down, backing off a bit. Xix moved forward, as close as she needed to be, and readied herself. Abronychus lifted his trident up again, hoping to at least joust on foot. He was far faster than most humans.

After a few moments, timing their attacks, Gaweir and Astor leaped out from the jungle at the man, weapons pointing forward. The man jumped forward, spinning around along with his axe, attempting to cleave them as they approached. Astor ducked beneath, and Gaweir protected himself with his shield just in time, however the blow sent him backward into a tree, and dented his shield. Abronychus then came from behind him, preparing to ram him with his trident and hopefully skewer him. But, with incredible haste, the man brought his axe down on Abronychus' trident, sending it into the ground, and then brought his foot up and sent Abronychus backwards, without his trident, with a mighty kick.

"You're going to have to do better than that!"

Jumping from the ground, Astor jumped onto the man's back and attempted to stab him. The man brought his left hand onto Astor's Paludamentum (shield your eyes) and lifted him off, throwing him towards Abronychus, but missing. However, before being thrown, Astor made one last attempt to stab the man, and managed to give him a decent cut before being tossed.

While Astor and Abronychus started to get up from the ground, slightly dazed, Gaweir rested on a tree for a moment, quite winded and shocked from the blow. He had trouble lifting his shield or sword. The man, realizing Astor and Abronychus would be no threat for a short while, went over to Gaweir, grinning. Taking his left hand, he grabbed his throat and pinned him to the tree, partially suffocating him, but mainly just torturing. Holding his axe near the top, he turned the blade around and gave Gaweir a blow to the head with the back of it, with a sickening crack coming from it. Gaweir, however, managed to stay awake, and tried fruitlessly to get free.

"Your friends are getting up. I suppose I'd better finish you now..."

The man turned his axe around again, the blade facing Gaweir. He lifted up the axe, but just before he brought it down, he felt a tug on it. Looking over, he saw Astor and Abronychus still on the ground. Then the tug grew much stronger. The man took his left hand off of Gaweir's neck and grabbed his axe, struggling to keep it. Walking over to the other side of the path, he saw Xix concentrating with her wand, attempting to take it. The man looked on angrily, but then grinned.

"Fine. You want it, take it!"

With that, the man hurled his axe at Xix with great speed. Unfortunately, Xix could not reverse her telekinesis in time, and the axe gained far greater speed. Xix ducked just in time as the axe cleaved off the top of her wand/staff. The axe fell to the ground, and Xix could tell the staff's power was no longer working, however the axe suddenly lifted itself, and sprung back to the staff. Xix realized her staff was now permanently holding the axe, but could use telekinesis on nothing else, making it seem like a giant flail, but rather than a spiked ball, it held an axe.

The man grew annoyed with his miss, so he walked over to Gaweir. Giving him another hard blow to the head, Gaweir fell unconscious, and he grabbed his sword. He spun it around a few times as Astor and Abronychus got off the ground.

"A little lighter than I had hoped, but it will do."

The man turned to face Astor and Abronychus once again, seeing them off the ground and rushing forward. He grinned, but then his grin melted to a frown as he saw the village. He saw the village clearly. There was nothing large or feathered in his path. He looked up, but before he could raise Gaweir's blade, Flat crashed into him with talons, and began to fly upward. The man lifted his sword and was about to slash at him, but before he could, Flat threw him towards the ground with startling force, and the man crashed heavily.

A few villagers gathered around the resulting dust cloud the man's crash had created. He had crashed right in the middle of the village, but luckily nobody was hit. Astor and Abronychus rushed over to him, while Xix went to her laptop, figuring the fight over, and updated her list some. Flat flew down to Gaweir, seeing if he was alright. He wasn't dead, but he was badly injured, and bleeding severely. Flat picked him up, along with his shield, and brought him to the HQ to rest, doing his best to help.

Astor and Abronychus reached the man only a few moments after the crash, and waved people away from his body. The villagers quickly ran away, some ducking. They were surprised to find him alive, and even kneeling! His body showed many cuts, blood covering most of his body. His left leg was broken, and he was probably covered in bruises, however he seemed to ignore the pain quite well. Standing up as best he could, he lifted Gaweir's sword and readied to fight.

"I'm not done yet, not by a longshot. The rock formation has to be destroyed!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group 2: Zak
Zak: I decide to leave the archeologists a message on a leaf, throw it into their camp and leave immediately. I return to spy on the army and try to find any clues as how to effectively kill them.

Wanting to alert the men of the oncoming threat, as well as deem himself safe, Zak took his piece of charcoal once again and began to create a note on a large leaf. It stated the threat was coming, and that if they saw anyone that didn't have a disgusting face, he was friendly and trying to help. He attached the leaf to a rock and threw it into the camp. A few of the military men saw it fly and fired into the woods, but upon seeing it a note, stopped. Luckily all the shots missed Zak.

Once finished with that, Zak ran off to the army yet again, but tried to stay to their side. Once he made it to a safe yet good spying distance, he watched them pass. At a closer look, he saw they looked almost like goblin creatures, their faces black and disgusting, and their movements quite quick. However, they were dressed in military outfits, probably stolen as they were identical to the soldiers he had seen before. There was a great number of them, at least 50, all armed with assault rifles, as well as 3 tanks. Other than that, they seemed to have thicker armor on their chest compared to the other soldiers, probably signifying their weak point. After a minute of watching, however, they stopped, apparently listening. Zak listened as well, and heard an Apache's engine turn on. Zak attempted to sneak past the army yet again, to move towards the camp, and once out of range sprinted. Once there, he was the soldiers watching the tree line intently, obviously preparing for a fight. The two Apaches were nearly ready to fly, and a few soldiers got into each. The archaeologists, unfortunately, still had no breakthrough. Zak figured that if this outpost would risk a fight for the formation, it must be highly important.

Zak drew his sword, in case an enemy chanced upon him, was close by, and had no rifle. He moved away from the army's path, instead watching from the side, where he figured few to no stray bullets would hit him, if a fight came. He hoped the formation would do something soon.

Flat:
 - Wounds: none effects=tired
 - Inventory: none
 - Skills: Language skill increased slightly. Language Comprehension skill increased slightly. Melee Combat skill increased slightly. Grappling skill increased slightly. Flying skill increased slightly

Astor:
 - Wounds: lightly bruised effects=tired
                winded effects=faster tiring
 - Skills: Fast Movement skill increased slightly. Dodging skill increased slightly. Melee Combat skill increased slightly. Grappling skill increased slightly. Dagger skill increased slightly

Xix:
 - Wounds: none
 - Inventory: Staff of Telekinesis damaged (telekinesis ability lost), shortened by 1' (.3m) Staff of Telekinesis became Giant Telekinetical Axe Flail
 - Skills: Dodging skill increased slightly

Gaweir:
 - Wounds: badly cracked skull status=untreated effects=unconscious, extremely fast tiring, very tired (--actions), bleeding
                badly bruised back effects=light bleeding
                decently winded effects=much faster tiring
 - Inventory: Lost Fine Longsword. Kite Shield damaged slightly
 - Skills: Fast Movement skill increased slightly. Blocking skill increased slightly. Resistance increased moderately. Language skill increased slightly. Language Comprehension skill increased slightly

Abronychus:
 - Wounds: lightly bruised effects=tired
                decently winded effects=much faster tiring
 - Skills: Resistance skill increased slightly. Language skill increased slightly. Language Comprehension skill increased slightly

Zak:
 - Wounds: none
 - Skills: Fast Movement skill increased slightly. Precision Movements skill increased slightly. Observation skill increased slightly. Ambushing skill increased slightly
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 01:51:38 pm by Vaiolis »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36