Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - the old one!  (Read 45689 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #120 on: November 29, 2008, 12:20:34 am »

Okay, now this thing is starting to speed up!  ;D

From now on I'll use the very practical automation of the GM middle step, and as the brain of the organization keep a task list for everyone, this is only identical to the identical in game list. I kindly ask the GM to automate this, so when she has computer accesses she has it there, and otherwise in her notebook, and update it between them etc. I don't have to ask you to apply common sense; she might not get time to update it every turn, and generally only when it's a risk she cant keep something in her head or she has a decent amount of time that will hardly affect the amount of other stuff I can do that turn, others that are long and uneventful it might change many times and what I post most likely represent the state in the beginning of the turn.
It also includes updating inventories and other lists, think of it as a file whit the entire collected data of the entire movement. etc.
This is mainly because the turns are of uneven length, so th list will most likely always contain more than anyone have time to do and so time will be used efficiently!
Also, it makes it easier for anyone who want their turn semi-automated.
Everyone feel free to leave suggestions for what could be done.

I just used very many words to say very little, sorry about that.

This turn:
I make a work plan in Excel, and try to make everyone follow it.
I update The File writing all the notes most of the other stuff we have figured out.
I try to stay in the safe area of the village.

The File:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((the list was not meant to sound quite so militaristic and paranoid...))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2008, 12:28:36 am »

I agree to follow such a list as it proves practical...

For now...*Eyes Armok warily*

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2008, 12:30:16 am »

We could also attend Kogar and the other deceased warrior's funerals.  :P

And I'll go along with trying to treat F.L.A.T., if I have extra time.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 12:49:03 am by inaluct »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2008, 12:47:50 am »

I worried about it being to much of me taking charge to, it's really only a way for me to communicate Xix's actions to Valios better.

It WOULD be boring if everyone just followed my list, making the list had me worried but NOT making the list would break character as Xix WOULD make the list.

Xix has no respect for the dead, foe or friend, she'll probably be irritated about how you waste your time...
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 29, 2008, 01:04:04 am »

I agree with the list sounding paranoid. Gaweir should just talk with villagers and possibly express his sorrow at the deaths of Kogar and the others.

I mean, build a wall? Seriously? The internet must have gotten to Xix. Maybe too much Dwarf Fortress or something.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2008, 01:08:30 am »

The internet must have gotten to Xix.
That fact IS in fact taken into consideration when I plan her actions.  :p

(this is probably my last reply for today)
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2008, 01:08:46 am »

I suppose the next thing is to train up this lot and emplace marksdwarfsvillagers with crossbows on the newly enforced battlements. Oh and mandate that the villagers make clear green glass, or suffer a hammering beating.

-_-

The list will crumble. I say we only use it when we have NO idea whatsoever as to what to do next. Or on full agreement. Obviously If I decided to do something directly else, the plotted out course on the list for me would be ignored totally.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2008, 01:23:04 am »

Hehe, I've got Xix's general personality down by now I believe

Just popping in for a few notes before I go to bed...

1: For Flat, as pockets are difficult to find, he is already wearing the necklace, so you can just spend the turn talking. :P

2: The list for Xix will indeed be very helpful, mainly for absentees though. More of a character builder in the game.

3: If Xix played too much Dwarf Fortress, the list would either be telling everyone to a) build cage traps and dig out an underground pit or b) the list would reiterate the following around 1000 times: "IGNORE THE SOCK!"

oh darn, WorkerDrone beat me to a DF joke. ;D
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2008, 01:28:02 am »

Hmmm, interesting...

Zak decides to make a quick map of the camp and its location and then moves off into the jungle after observing the camp some more from a hiding spot.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 29, 2008, 01:10:37 pm »

Okay,

The men with rifles who killed the bird = us killing one of those black things.

Apache helicopters = F.L.A.T. and possibly Xix.

Archaeologist examining rock = My character, Abronychus, examining rock pendant

Zak is suffering from hallucinations caused by heatstroke. The giant who Astor was fighting is some sort of tax collector or slave-tribute collector or something.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 29, 2008, 05:38:30 pm »

I was hoping more would get done than this while I slept...
What's delaying the next turn?
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 29, 2008, 06:55:55 pm »

I'm sorry, I'm quite busy this weekend. Mainly college applications and research and such. An update will probably make its way here tonight, but it might not. Turns will come quicker by Monday, Tuesday at worst.

This thread is not dying, have no fear. I greatly desire to continue; however I'm just a bit caught up in other things :-\

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 29, 2008, 07:29:49 pm »

:'(

Well as you said it could have been worse, guess I'll take this opportunity to write up a more detailed background so there is SOMETHING here today, or maybe I'll laze out and not do so...
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 29, 2008, 10:15:40 pm »

As luck would have it, I found time :) Also, a good number of skill levels were gained this turn.

Turn 7
Group 1: Flat, Xix, Gaweir, Abronychus
Flat: I'll go talk to some villagers, or something. Let them pet me! Woo! If anything bad happens, I guess I'll have to go with the flow.
Xix: I make a work plan in Excel, and try to make everyone follow it. I update The File writing all the notes most of the other stuff we have figured out. I try to stay in the safe area of the village.
Gaweir: I just stick around with Xix, until I know what the heck we're even doing? Yeah that's fine.
Abronychus: Anyway, I'll look around the hut for anything unusual. If an armed stranger approaches the village, I'll hop on F.L.A.T. and hope that he runs at the stranger so I can joust them with my trident.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sensing the danger, and wanting to prepare for the threat in the safest way possible, as well as defend the village, the party began to centralize around the new HQ, determining what was needed first. To start off, Xix began to create an excel list on her laptop, listing off the names of the group members and then attaching on appropriate actions. Gaweir and Abronychus, unsure of what else to do, stayed with Xix. Gaweir stood by her, looking around himself cautiously, making sure nothing came through undetected. Abronychus started to take a closer look at the hut, checking its stability and seeing if anything about it stood out as unusual.

Meanwhile, Flat began to roam around the village once again. The villagers were now well acquainted with Flat, although understanding him was beyond difficult. He grinned as much as a bird could as they admired him, still struck with awe by his size and speed. The villagers were quite used to out-of-the-ordinary things occuring, however Flat still seemed special. He spent a small amount of time attempting to converse with them and learn their language, as well as teach them his, however most of the rest was showing off. While the attention was nice, a new opportunity appeared as a villager offered Flat some tribal currency in exchange for a ride. He gave Flat, or rather put in a pot by the HQ, three pieces of stone, triangular in shape, which had green paint surrounding the edges. Flat soon learned that this was the lowest denomination of currency, however it was still worth something. He also learned that a blue-edged square stone was a higher denomination, with a yellow-edged hexagon stone being of the highest denomination. Flat gladly accepted and began to sprint around the village carrying two passengers at a time.

While Flat did this, Gaweir looked around, and Xix typed up a list, Abronychus learned little new about the hut. It was generally unremarkable, there was nothing conspicuous or unusual about it. For a hut made of sticks it was reasonably strong. It could probably take a hit from a light sledgehammer without breaking, however a decent blow from a normal sized sledgehammer or warhammer would most likely break a hole in the side. It was also, for a wooden hut, quite resilient to sharp weapons. A sword would slice through with enough force, but a swipe from an average human would only cut the outside.

With inspection complete, Abronychus returned outside, watching Flat sprint around with some passengers. Looking in the newly placed pot, he found there was a large number of green traingles, as well as a few blue squares present! Abronychus grinned at him, but only for a moment as Flat, and thus Abronychus' gaze, went near the path to the beach. Abronychus saw a large figure slowly walking towards them, an axe being dragged behind him.

"Flat! Enough with the rides, someone is coming! Xix, Gaweir, look!"

Flat looked over to see Abronychus shouting at him, and gesturing for him to come. Flat bent over and let the two passengers off before sprinting over to Abronychus. Gaweir looked out through the HQ's doorway, and upon seeing the figure, called Xix to come as well. Looking up, she finished up the last of the list and ran to Abronychus as well, with Gaweir following. Abronychus hopped onto Flat's back, and Flat walked over to the path, facing towards the man, with Gaweir at his right side, and Xix, not wanting to fight, backing off slightly, but staying ready to fight if absolutely necessary. The man, seeing them going in front of him, growled.

"Make this easy on yourselves and get out of my way, or I'll mince you all to pieces!"
"If you plan to harm anyone here, then there's no way we're moving without a fight!"

Abronychus lowered his trident forward, resting it under his arm, preparing to rush forward and impale the man, as Gaweir took out his armaments and stood ready as well. Only a moment after, Astor jumped out from in the bushes and joined Flat on his left side, dagger ready.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group 2: Astor
Astor: I recognize that this foe is rather difficult, and back off. I will follow this guy if he heads to the village, and otherwise try to join the group again without getting cleaved in half. If time permits, and the axe-guy is not too close, I will try to shave off the bottom of my other undamaged sandal to compensate for height difference. As much as I dislike damaging the clothes on my back, I recognize that slight balance issues could cause problems.

Astor backed away from the man, putting his weapon away and raising his hands slightly, to show they were empty. The man grinned.

"There. Now was that so hard?"

Turning away, the man began to walk towards the village, dragging his axe behind him. Astor watched him carefully for a few moments, before, slowly, beginning to follow him. Taking a few steps, however, he found the height difference of his sandals disrupting his step, so he took out his dagger and cut the bottom of his left sandal identically to his right, and also smoothed them flat again.

Once his sandals we're "repaired," Astor began to follow the man once again, with his dagger still ready in case he attempted to attack while his guard was down. However, the man, rather than attacking, merely turned to face Astor.

"If you still wish to live, I suggest you get back to the beach. Or do you want to try a second time to beat me?"

The man chuckled and turned back around, walking forward once again. Astor started to walk backwards to the beach, but once the man didn't seem to be paying attention, he leaped into the jungle and followed close by from there, staying as silent as possible, dagger still ready. While going, he happened to chance upon a cluster of rather large mushrooms. He was unsure if they were edible or not, but he could at least bring them along, in case someone else knew.

The rest of his following of the man was mostly uneventful, aside from the man occasionally muttering, under his breath, "I have to stop them..."

By the time the man neared the village, Astor noticed Flat and Abronychus readying to fight, along with Gaweir. Sprinting through the jungle, he managed to make it to them far before the man did, and joined by their side.

Group 3: Zak
Zak: I decide to make a quick map of the camp and its location and then move off into the jungle after observing the camp some more from a hiding spot.

After staring at the strange formation for a few moments, Zak took a small piece of burnt wood from the ground and, using it as a crude pencil, scribbled a quick map of the area on the back of his waterproof book. He then went back around the camp, slowly, listening in on what was occuring. However, he heard little, aside from a few disconnected comments, such as "Hurry up. They'll be here any minute," or "Where could it be?"

Once he had a full, if badly-made, map, Zak started to trudge westward in the jungle. It was very difficult to navigate through however, as there were many shrubs and bushes, some looking like tangled vines, others being made of only a few leaves, but those leaves being three to four feet long, and possibly a foot thick. There were also more common bushes consisting of many small leaves. The jungle floor was completely covered in plants with large leaves laying flat, with little to no grass being visible. Other than these, there were the trees, which were quite bare at their base, however near their tops were plenty of leaves and such, similar to a palm tree, but with far more leaves.

After a few minutes of hard navigating, Zak happened upon a sound that was unfamiliar with the other sounds he heard. At first, it was very light, as if he could hear ants marching on a leaf, but it soon grew louder. It was unmistakable. It was a marching army of some sort moving through the jungle, and towards him, from the west. Looking as far into the jungle as he could, Zak could just barely see what was coming. It looked to be more soldiers, however their faces were much more disgusting, similar to the head he had found on the beach. It was almost as though they were rotting corpses that could walk. Zak sprinted back eastward, hoping the army did not see him. He quickly returned to the campsite for the archaeologists, and found them still working as hard as ever. He almost felt as though he should warn them, but with them already being vigilant for enemies, they might mistake him for one before he even got to speak...

Flat:
 - Wounds: Slightly pierced wing status=treated effects=tired (-actions)
 - Inventory: none (currency in the pot)
 - Skills: Carrying skill increased moderately. Language Comprehension skill increased slightly. Language skill increased slightly. Fast Movement skill increased greatly
            Flat's Fast Movement skill is now at level 3!

Astor:
 - Wounds: none
 - Inventory: Found 4 Orange Mushrooms. Sandal damaged slightly
 - Skills: Fast Movement skill increased slightly. Ambushing skill increased moderately
            Astor's Ambushing skill is now at level 2!

Xix:
 - Inventory: none
 - Skills: none

Gaweir:
 - Skills: Observation skill increased slightly
            Gaweir's Observation skill is now at level 2!

Abronychus:
 - Skills: Observation skill increased slightly. Riding skill increased slightly

Zak:
 - Skills: Fast Movement skill increased slightly. Precision Movements skill increased slightly. Observation skill increased slightly

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 29, 2008, 10:33:56 pm »

Hmm... This man isn't after us. It's the army that is!

As long as the giant man does not hold any harmful intent towards the others or the villagers, I'll let him pass. Besides, I'm faster than he is. I'll try and rest up this round if I can.

And just to let it be easier on you

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36