Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - the old one!  (Read 45663 times)

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG - an additional two spots open!
« Reply #465 on: January 01, 2009, 08:55:03 pm »

Yes, but "Ice Ray" sounds cooler :P
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 01, 2009, 10:27:17 pm »

So, Dux would still die to, say a projectile to the head?

Just wanted to make sure.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 03, 2009, 09:32:22 pm »

The final days before the end of the break. Who knew they'd be so brutal...

Turn should come by Sunday night, I hope. Also, as yet another, and possibly final, reminder, two spots are still available, just not guaranteed. If you want to join in, submit a sheet! Sunday night is when I pick the two that stay, and once that comes I can say for sure that no new spots will open for a good time indeed. Unless someone dies, but death most likely won't occur very often. Not to say it won't though, nor that it won't anytime soon. Who knows, maybe someone will die this upcoming turn...
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 04, 2009, 12:18:53 am »

Who knows, maybe someone will die this upcoming turn...
Stop looking at me like that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 04, 2009, 12:31:26 am »

Who knows, maybe someone will die this upcoming turn...
Stop looking at me like that.
... *SQUAWK!*

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 04, 2009, 02:11:23 am »

I know what your talking about...
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 04, 2009, 10:47:18 am »

I know what your talking about...

Da, me to.  :(

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 04, 2009, 11:05:43 am »

I'm gonna write a short description of the "seaside village" that I said my character was from.

Sil is a small village on the coast of the __________ Sea. Although outwardly fairly normal looking, the village is highly unusual in that all of it's inhabitants can breathe water. The official story for as to how this came about is intertwined with the village's religion, The Cult of The Really Gigantic Seahorse. Legend says that in the ancient times, when humanity still feared and hated the sea, a Really Gigantic Seahorse with scintillating, shimmering scales came up from the deep and granted the people of the village a bond of friendship with the ocean and it's creatures. In return, the villagers worshiped the Really Gigantic Seahorse.

The favors granted by the Really Gigantic Seahorse are diverse in nature. Although all of the villagers can breathe under water, some have further manifestations of the Really Gigantic Seahorse's attention. Some are partially covered in smooth nacreous scales, for example.

The Really Gigantic Seahorse is seldom seen, but some of the inhabitants of the town have swum down to it's abode below the waves. When it meets one of it's worshipers alone, it usually alters him or her, giving them a further manifestation of it's favor.

Abronychus was born and raised in this village, and has no obvious manifestations of the Really Gigantic Seahorse's divine power, with the exception of being able to breathe water. He has three brothers and two sisters.

I'll write more drivel later.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 04, 2009, 11:24:04 am »

Strife needs a more elaborate back story, I think.

AP US history vs. Strife's story . . .
Hmmmm.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 04, 2009, 12:48:33 pm »

A fine backstory! Added it to your background in first post. And with it being a seaside village... hmm, might come up sometime. Of course, perhaps this is the "village" that supposedly sank into the ocean long ago. So we'll just call it the US of A - Underwater Sity of Atlantis!

Aside from that, it seems my internet connection enjoys dying at my usual turn-writing times, so I'm going to copy all the actions now to the text file before it happens again. And hopefully, the turn will come by tonight. Which also happens to be the character sheet turn-in deadline. It's not too late!
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG - the final day to enter your character sheets!
« Reply #475 on: January 04, 2009, 06:46:45 pm »

More backstory. That reminds me that I wanted to write something about it being partially sunken, but I forgot. :P

Although it is not widely know to visitors of the village, there are a large number of buildings completely submerged under the ocean. Most of these are either residential or built to store waterproof items. At the time of Abronychus' departure, roughly 1/4 of the town was submerged.

The villagers have frequent contact with merpeople, and usually trade manufactured items for open ocean fish. The sunfish bones that Abronychus' gauntlets are decorated with were acquired this way.

Due to the general lack of outsiders seeing what's going on in those buildings below the ocean, the scales and weird traits that some villagers have, and the fact that merpeople are known to have frequent contact with the village, some rumors have sprung up that the villagers are the result of humans interbreeding with merpeople. In addition to the more obvious reasons that this could be taken as offensive, it is also likely to get the village upset because it is considered blasphemous. It implies that the divine favors of the Really Gigantic Seahorse were not granted by it, but derived from mating with an obviously non-human species.

Bringing up this rumor will usually elicit angry glaring from villagers. Claiming it to be true will probably result in some people dragging the offending party underwater to show them the inside of one of the underwater buildings. Invariably, this results in the outsider almost drowning. It simultaneously gets the points across that the rumor probably isn't true and that saying that it is is going to get people angry. No one has asked the merpeople about this yet.

The town's main exports are fish, bronze objects (there is a small metalworking industry above the ocean), various crafts made from material taken from the sea, and perfect 4x4 inch basalt cubes. It is a guarded secret as to where these cubes actually come from. It is also a guarded secret as to why the origin of the cubes is secret. All the outside world knows is that they make good paperweights, among other things.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 04, 2009, 08:23:10 pm »

If its such a big secret, why in the several hells export them?

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 04, 2009, 08:43:52 pm »

It's quite obviously a very clever plan to hide the fact that they are, in fact, a big secret. They sell them to everybody so nobody thinks there's anything special or secret about them.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 04, 2009, 10:59:42 pm »

So Vaiolis,

I herd u liek updaets.

Oh god. Did I really just type that just to get a point across?

Bad WorkerDrone.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 04, 2009, 11:17:23 pm »

I'm not sure what the point was though.

Give Vaiolis time. Being rushed isn't a good way to GM. Anyway, he'll feel guilty enough at this post, and my loyalty, that he'll work faster!  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36