Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - the old one!  (Read 45680 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG - an additional two spots open!
« Reply #420 on: December 27, 2008, 11:55:32 pm »

Strife's first thought, "Where the hell is my trenchcoat"
First words "WHERE THE BLOODY HELL IS MY COAT!?!?!"

Second thought, "Why am I here? And how did I get here?"
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 28, 2008, 12:19:28 am »

Jalthas will probably be thinking something along the lines of the crazy coat gu- err, Strife.  Well, his second thought, anyway.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 28, 2008, 01:13:49 am »

I think all is decently good now, however:

Strife: Have you considered making the aura not a magic power, but simply REALLY powerful, but non-magical, charisma? like Napoleon. The main difference would be that magic immunity doesn't help against it, and that it interacts slightly better whit roleplay.

duke: GIVE IN TO THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE

Valios: yes that's fine.
But as duke says, I'm a bit worried about you overworking yourself, but not seriously so.

I still think Golgath needs more details, post the personality profile and a few likes and dislikes, it's not that much work and adds a lot of depth.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 28, 2008, 03:03:33 am »

Did I miss anything?

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 28, 2008, 01:15:24 pm »

Not too much, just the addition of two new characters and the opening for two more.

I'm starting on adding in Strife's and Golgath's characters into the status, should be done momentarily, I'll edit this post once its done.

EDIT: finished adding in Golgath and Strife, however I feel including the backgrounds in the first post would also be a good idea, so I'll edit this once again, once they are added as well.

EDIT2: alright, everything is added in! I'm surprised, I forgot how short and relatively boring the first turns of this were. Also, Strife, one problem with your character: he's missing his Wisdom stat. But other than that, the turn shall be up hopefully by tonight, character sheets are being accepted, and... hmm... nope, can't think of anything else to say.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 02:05:47 pm by Vaiolis »
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 28, 2008, 03:09:37 pm »

Sorry for the absence, life got in the way.

Anyway, I'm going to try and treat my injury. I would do something else, but "pierced stomach" sounds pretty bad. If anything hostile comes within my immediate reach, I'll try to stab it.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 28, 2008, 07:05:07 pm »

I forgot wisdom. That's sorta ironic. Let's call it 52. Strife can learn new skills, but he never learns not to get himself into situations like this.

For the turn, Strife will, after swearing try to figure out where, when, and why he is in a prison cell. Assuming that he doesn't get any further than who he is, Strife will try to politely atract the attention of a guard.

He'll nicely ask for his coat, and to speak with whoever is in charge. (Strife has had a couple of bad experiences where he's blown up good covert-prison operations becuase they had locked him up).

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 28, 2008, 08:20:30 pm »

Wow Strife...if you break into a prison...to get locked up...your not a very good spy are you mate?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 28, 2008, 08:51:50 pm »

Strife is no spy. He is a manifestiation of a set of ideals thank you very much. As a manifestation of ideals (of which sensicality isn't one) he has a tendency to pop up in strange places.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 29, 2008, 12:21:13 am »

I think it might be good that I missed the last few days. Any groaning on my part will be as a result of my pierced stomach, I swear. :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 29, 2008, 12:25:26 am »

I'll help you out inaluct! Would you like to be dumped down the well?

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 29, 2008, 01:19:55 am »

Anyone know if there's a way to resize the text area you type in when posting? With these large posts, it feels somewhat cramped at times. Not necessary, but it would be nice.

Turn 22
Group 1: Flat, Astor, Gaweir, Abronychus, Zak
Flat: I'll pull Abronychus onto my back, as well as the other villager, and bring them somewhere safe. The villager can guard Abronychus while he's healing. I'll then come back for Gaweir, helping him defeat the giant.
Astor: I ask the Shaman what the heck is going on. If for some reason we hit a patch of boredom where nothing is accomplished, I practice magic. Specifically, moving an electric charge through my body.
Gaweir: Take a head count, get Flat to move Abronychus to the HQ while I find a medic for him, and send whoever I find to take care of that arrow for him. If his condition is too severe, I guess I'll have to leave him there and double time it to get him help, but if he CAN be moved, I'd rather hunt down that bastard of a brute as quickly as possible before he ambushes us. And if possible direct a few villagers around here in gathering the Rahn Inya bodies, and building a Pyre for them.
Abronychus: Anyway, I'm going to try and treat my injury. If anything hostile comes within my immediate reach, I'll try to stab it.
Zak: I fix my leg quickly by putting it in back in position and attach a splint and ask for pain relief from the old man. I then grab my sword and head back and sneak attack any thing hostile.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Xix and Shal'rek gone, Astor went over to help Zak position and splint his leg, as the old man stood staring off to where they had vanished, deep in thought.

"Hold still, and brace yourself."

Zak shut his eyes and bit down on his leather gauntlets, as Astor gave a quick tug on his leg, setting the bone back into position, but giving Zak an insane, yet short amount of pain. After, Zak tried to find suitable sticks for a splint, however there were none suitable.

"So, what the heck's going on?!"
"I wish I knew. Shal'rek was one of three shaman to attack this village a long ways back, when this first started happening. The first two were like the one you had killed; lesser, weak, frail. Shal'rek, however, seems much more powerful. I suspect him to be of a higher priority in this whole event, if not the cause. And, judging by the way he took that ice shard, and the rapidity of his teleport, he has become more powerful. However, I've no doubt he couldn't have gone far, as he could hardly go a tree-length before. The village to the north is not far, he probably went there."
"So then that is where we can find Xix?"
"It should be, however I fear it might not. He's a tricky one... for all I know he may have teleported her in an opposite direction, or even right under our noses. But, he is most definitely there, I've not known him to walk through the jungle."

Zak, grabbing onto a low branch of a tree, got himself up with effort, and managed to stand. He then grabbed a second branch of suitable height, and used it as a cane.

"Well then let's not dwindle. Would you be able to relieve the pain, and splint my leg?"
"Sorry, I'm not much of a healer. However..."

kneeling down at Zak's leg, the old man grabbed it firmly with both hands, and focused. Instantly, Zak felt it become incredibly cold, soon enough numb. The old man continued, however, and covered the entire leg in a thick "cast" of ice.

"Doubt its as good for you as an actual splint, or healing, but it will do. Just make sure to thaw it out before it stays frozen too long. I'd say... before another three hours pass or so. Otherwise it might get a bit more permanent."
"For now, it will do fine. Let's make sure everyone else is okay."

"Flat, take Abronychus over to the HQ, to let him rest up. And you, villager, go guard him and help him in any way you can. Let's see... we're missing Astor, Zak, and Xix, but I'm guessing they all went off to chase that shaman. As for villagers..."

Gaweir looked, partially despairingly, at the number of dead. Five of the six he had armed were dead. The remaining warriors from their first encounter with Kogar were dead. And many more villagers lay dead around the entire village, at least fifteen, most likely more. He then squinted slightly, and looked to the tree line. Hadn't a brute just been sighted there?

Flat picked up Abronychus, as well as the villager, and gave them a quick flight over to the HQ, where he set Abronychus down on a mat. Gaweir, meanwhile, went back outside and looked around a bit more. There wasn't a soul in sight. Venturing out, he went to the shop with food and various things. Inside, however, he found no survivors. He then checked the old man's magic shop. But once again, there was nobody to be found. He checked the leather and blacksmith shops as well. Still no one. He then went farther out into the open, shield ready, and moved to the large hut. Inside, he found still no survivors, and grew worried that all were dead. That was, until a massive stone from the obelisk debris came hurtling at him. He just barely managed to dive to the ground before it hit him, even though it caught him off guard. Looking up, he saw the remaining brute, preparing to throw yet another chunk.

Realizing the foe was too great to fight alone, Gaweir ran back out of the hut, a boulder flying past his right side. He was about to run back to the HQ, but realized he would endanger Abronychus if he did, and thus called out.

"Flat! I could use some help here!"

Flat peeked out from the HQ, expecting to see Gaweir struggling with carrying a body, but upon seeing the brute, ran out and flew into the air. Meanwhile, Gaweir drew his sword out, and prepared to face the beast, ready to dodge if the moment came. The brute, not caring to stop, continued rushing forward, its massive metal mace swinging recklessly in the air. Quickly deciding on a strategy, Gaweir leaned forward slightly, preparing to sprint. The brute, moving with incredible speed, was nearly within range. Just before the beast's mace collided with Gaweir's face, however, Gaweir leaped forward, rolling, and quickly sprinted up and slashed at the brute's right leg, giving it a large gash. It growled with pain, but quickly turned and prepared to attack once again.

This time, however, it would not fall for it. As Gaweir leaned in, the beast swung the mace while dragging it across the ground, preventing Gaweir from rolling beneath it. Making a quick decision, Gaweir jumped over it, and took another swing at its leg. However, even with two bad wounds on it, the brute didn't seem fazed at all, and it continued its reckless rage. It once again charged at Gaweir, dragging the maceto prevent his ducking beneath it. Seeing this, Gaweir attempted to jump over it, but the berserk Rahn inya saw the jump coming, and quickly brought its mace swinging upwards, knocking Gaweir high into the sky.

Flat's extensive skill with flying paid off, however, and he managed to fly beneath Gaweir as he fell, catching him before he plummeted to the ground. With him now, slightly dazed, riding on top, Flat flew up higher, away from the brute's reach by far. It roared beneath him, and grabbed random objects laying about, and began to throw them at Flat. Everything from scooped chunks of dirt to bodies flew up at Flat, however it seemed to have horrible accuracy.

"Flat, start flying at him again. I think I'll try to do what Zak did..."

In the HQ, the villager had little idea what to do with Abronychus. Abronychus was in great pain, but tried to resist it as much as possible. However, he was unable to think clearly, and thus simply tried to keep resting. The villager stayed by his side, ready to fight anything that came in, but unsure of how to treat his wound.

Flying away from the beast, Flat gained some distance before turning around and gliding toward it with considerable speed. Gaweir kneeled on Flat's back, his sword readied in front of him. The brute beat the ground with his mace, roaring at Flat, apparently extremely angry. Flat flew unfazed, however, and just before reaching the beast, began to fly upward. Just before Flat did this, Gaweir leaped off, his sword pointed at the Rahn inya, and, although missing its chest, managed to impale it through the head before slicing the head in two, and hitting the ground. Gaweir was considerably bruised, a bit battered, had lost his sword and shield, and was dizzy, but was otherwise not badly injured. The beast, however, seemed completely undamaged as it put its split head back together, and acted as though nothing had happened. The slash wound remained, but it was as if the slash did not cut very deep.

Gaweir, now a bit fearful, staggered away from it, attempting to run, but not going as fast as he would like. The brute, however, moved with haste, rapidly approaching him. Gaweir ran to the west side of the large hut and around, hoping it would look elsewhere. But it didn't and continued to sprint at him, before suddenly falling to the ground, face first. Gaweir looked, and saw Zak on top of it, with a sword stabbed through its back. However, he seemed quite out of breath. Limping off the brute, Zak approached Gaweir.

"The shaman... got Xix..."
"She's dead?!"
"No... well, maybe... but he... teleported... away with her..."
"Yes, and it seems the shaman that got her was no ordinary one either."

Gaweir looked up to see Astor and the old man atop the large hut, presumably where Zak had just been and jumped from.

"His name's Shal'rek. He's probably the one behind the whole Rahn inya attack. I'm guessing he took Xix to the village to the north."
"We should go as soon as we can, then. But, Abronychus was badly wounded, we need to let him rest some. Or maybe Flat can carry him..."

Group 2: Xix, Jalthas, Strife
Xix: Swear long and loud. Try to communicate with those in the other cells. Study the surroundings a bit more in detail to figure out as much as possible about those that built it and it's history. Try to pick the lock, if I am unable to find any tools for it I always have claws.
Jalthas: I'll be trying to get out and communicate with the other prisoners.  If I somehow manage to get out, I'll maul any nearby guards and find the keys/open up the other cells.
Strife: I will, after swearing, try to figure out where, when, and why I am in a prison cell. Assuming that I don't get any further than who I am, I will try to politely atract the attention of a guard. I'll nicely ask for my coat, and to speak with whoever is in charge.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"DAMMIT!"

Xix slammed against the cell bars, emitting a loud clang, hanging her head slightly. The two other prisoners across from her awoke and looked up at her, revealing tired, worn faces. Xix looked back, squinting slightly, and sighed.

"So, how did you two get in here?"

Jalthas looked away, looking around the cell some, while Strife frantically checked around the cell.

"Where is it? I just had it... they must have took it!"

Strife swore under his breath, holding his head in his hands. Xix looked at him with a slight frown.

"What did you lose?"
"My coat! Whoever locked me up in here must have taken it!"
"Judging by myself and the man across from me, I'd say whoever locked us up took pretty much everything..."
"Names?"

Xix looked across from her at Jalthas, a bit startled by the gruffness in his voice. She squinted harder, and realized it wasn't a human.

"Oh, my name is Xix."
"I'm Strife, nice to meet you, I guess. Wish it could have been in a better setting."
"Jalthas."
"Nice to meet you all as well. So, how did you all get here? All I can remember is a large brute bashing my head."
"Don't know..."
"Nor do I. I can't remember a thing of what happened..."
"Shame. Perhaps we had similar fates. But either way, I doubt staying here is a good idea. Judging by the make of these walls and bars, I'd say we're in a fourth century Mraudine dungeon. And if that's true, this is most likely a very large dungeon. Mostly distinguishable by their massive locks and the both large and numerous keys required to open a single door, making lock picking near impossible unless you have a very large pick, and many of them..."

Xix went up to the lock on her metal door, which was effectively a metal cube over a foot large, with four differently shaped holes on the outside. The doors to Jalthas' and Strife's cells had identical locks, thus Xix assumed the same four keys could open all the cells in the dungeon, or at least on their level. Jalthas went up to his cell's door and rammed it, however it hardly even budged. Strife tried as well, but his too was very sturdy.

"It's been so long since I read of the Mraudine. Let me think... the typical cell had a cot, stone walls and floors, these metal bars and incredibly sturdy locks. This looks well rusted, which could be a good thing, or a bad thing. Hmm..."

Taking a claw, Xix started to scrape at a single metal bar, trimming off rust. Jalthas and Strife looked with wonder as she seemed to carve out a long but thin piece of rust, and then removed it. She then created three more pieces, and put them into the front of her lock. Gently twisting them around, she tried her best to pick the lock, however the rust inside the lock made moving the tumblers difficult, and the pieces of rust she had were too fragile.

"Well, if we were locked in here, someone must have locked us up, right? And who wouldn't guard prisoners, in case we might manage to escape?"

Strife started to call down the hallway, both in one direction and the other, but there was no answer. After a minute, Xix spoke.

"Guess we're going to be stuck here for a while, unless we can find something else to get us out..."

Flat:
 - Wounds: none effects=very tired (--actions), thirsty
 - Inventory: none
 - Skills: Flying skill increased slightly. Gliding skill increased slightly. Carrying skill increased slightly

Astor:
 - Wounds: bruised back effects=tired (-actions)
 - Skills: Healing skill increased slightly. Bone Healing skill increased slightly

Xix:
 - Wounds: cracked skull status=untreated effects=faster tiring, tired, thirsty
                bruised back effects=none
                bruised stomach effects=none
                winded effects=faster tiring
 - Inventory: Found Long Rust Piece (4)
 - Skills: Lockpicking skill increased slightly. Architecture skill increased moderately. Archaeology skill increased slightly. Observation skill increased slightly

Gaweir:
 - Wounds: scratches effects=very tired (--actions), slightly dizzy (-actions)
                winded effects=faster tiring
                bruised right arm effects=none
                bruised hip effects=none
                bruised chest effects=none
                bruised head effects=none
                badly bruised left shoulder effects=light pain, -actions using left arm
 - Inventory: Dropped Shield. Dropped Sword
 - Skills: Swordsmanship skill increased moderately. Blocking skill increased slightly. Melee Combat skill increased moderately. Dodging skill increased moderately. Riding skill increased slightly. Observation skill increased slightly. Resistance skill increased moderately

Abronychus:
 - Wounds: pierced stomach status=untreated effects=heavy bleeding, severe pain (--actions), extremely fast tiring, very tired (--actions), slightly faint
 - Skills: Resistance skill increased slightly

Zak:
 - Wounds: broken left leg status=splinted effects=slight pain, --movement, frozen (slowly dying leg), faster tiring, tired (-actions)
 - Skills: Ambushing skill increased slightly

Jalthas:
 - Wounds: none
 - Skills: Language skill increased slightly. Language Comprehension skill increased slightly

Strife:
 - Wounds: none
 - Skills: none
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 29, 2008, 01:48:14 am »

Dang... I'm still thirsty and tired... Maybe I'll take a break, drink some water, try to heal up Abronycus. You know, very laxly.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 29, 2008, 02:31:29 am »

you write these directly into the browser? that's just asking for trouble and I certainly don't want you losing a turn. I'd sugest writing in notepad and simply copy pasting.

Awesome turn.

I guess I'll try to figure out some other escape plan.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 29, 2008, 05:49:58 am »

I'm going away for about a week so can you put my character on AI? Thanks.

For this turn, I retrieve Gaiwier's sword and shield for him, return to HQ and heal myself and Abronychus as best I can.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36