Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - the old one!  (Read 45692 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #375 on: December 21, 2008, 10:29:47 pm »

Okay. I concede that it seemed logical. But when your fighting a frakking giant, you dodge. So...I guess I'll remember that next time? Eh.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 21, 2008, 10:47:52 pm »

I feel I made that last post a bit more sarcastic and biting than I meant to. If it seemed like it, I apologize, I'm a bit tired and overall in a bad mood right now I guess :-\

Then again, that same bad mood might be what is telling me the last post was biting, when it actually wasn't. If so, ignore this. I ramble too much when I'm frustrated.

But yeah, no chance of update tonight, hehe. Tomorrow, possibly, but there is a decent chance of no update then, as I have a project to work on. Tuesday should work out though, if Monday doesn't.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 22, 2008, 12:26:31 am »

Hey, guys ever notice how theres always that one guy on the forum that almost instantly feels bad after saying something, even if it really wasn't a big deal, and also happens to be a super nice guy?

Well we have one. :P

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 22, 2008, 12:53:44 am »

I feel if I didn't always call people bastards(Rightfully too!) I might someday be that guy.

Glad our DM is one of them. No crappy "Called me names eh? Roll to dodge... WOAH -500 YOU A-SPLODE!"
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 22, 2008, 12:58:11 am »

Sure are lucky in that respect I suppose. But for the record, were not playing a Roll to Dodge. There is no die.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 22, 2008, 02:52:13 pm »

Or is there...

I'd comment on the nice guy things, but I don't want to act like I'm gloating about my personality. Wait... nooo there's no way to not do it! Oh well. Thanks :). There is a die actually, but I don't roll it once and see what happens, I roll it many times for each event. I don't have time to look now, but I think I mentioned it somewhere before, when I said that Xix got her luck "roll" with her vision.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 22, 2008, 11:04:37 pm »

Doubt I really need to say anything, but I like to post daily updates.

Obviously, no update came today. Tomorrow still looks great, but the darn project I had to do took up most of my time today. The rest of the week looks just as good. Hmm, what else to say... yeah, not too much. That's about all I have for today.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 24, 2008, 04:28:27 pm »

Don't care too much for triple posting, but it needs an update :P

no turn came yesterday, sadly. Had some holiday things to do that I didn't think about. Today as well, but hopefully not so much. As it has been a while (relatively speaking to other updates...) I will strive to get an update in tonight.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 25, 2008, 11:53:40 pm »

Bout time this was put up. Internet went out, so I finished up the turn and went off to do other things. And upon coming back, its back up, so here it is!

Also, finally a bit of action! But, not too much speech this time around.

And, once again, any changes that should be in your sheets, or shouldn't be, let me know!

Turn 20
Group 1: Flat, Astor, Xix, Gaweir, Abronychus, Zak
Flat: I will bring one other person with me to the village, if someone wants. If possible, Xix, Zak, or Abronychus; since Xix knows more about what to do, Zak has cool boots, and Abronychus has the best Riding skill.
Astor: I head to the local well to get some water for the meal, looking north at whatever that sound was. If it is anything important, I will drop everything and look at it.
Xix: Follow the list!
Gaweir: Well I suppose...Flat was it? Is taking my meal over to where I am, and since I don't want to trek all the way over to the well, boil the water, and wait for it to cool down (unless its some sort of magic well?!) I'll just drink from my waterskin. Then eat. After a quick meal, I'll get back to work.
Abronychus: I go investigate the noise, afterwords, conversation!
Zak: I take some quick swigs from a canteen and go to investigate the noise from the top of a roof near the noise. I make sure not to be seen by whatever made the noise.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entering the blacksmith's workshop, Flat noticed Gaweir, still hard at work.

"Squawk!"

Gaweir looked up from the now partially dented, hot piece of metal lying before him to look at Flat, who was holding a bowl of soup in his beak.

"Thanks."

Gaweir took the bowl from Flat, and began to eat, taking an occasional drink from his waterskin as he ate. Flat, meanwhile, left the hut and flew over to the HQ, where Abronychus, Astor, and Zak were moving to the north, where the sound was heard. While moving, Zak took a few drinks from his waterskin. While they went somewhat cautiously towards the north, Xix began to ponder on what was going on. How could everything connect? The government had something to do with what happened, and she could still connect to the internet, thus they couldn't be off the original world, could they? It made little sense that the internet could reach this place, but nothing else. She then took out her camera, with the picture of the purple sky. Examining the moon and stars, she realized it was the same sky as her world as well. However, it was misplaced. Mapping out what stars were present in the picture, Xix went online and got what tools she could. Looking through some she had, she found the perfect one: a program which gave a three-dimensional representation of the sky. Lining her picture up with the sky, and determining its perspective relative to the ground, she was able to pinpoint her location. It was the location she should be at, according to latitude and longitude, but on the internet there were no maps of her world, only of some strange, alien one. Using it in correspondence with her star chart, however, it stated she was in the middle of a desert.

Then something came to her. The internet held a completely alien world and people, talking of far different things from where she originated. Except, however, for the government. A completely different internet came to her position, aside from the single government site. This, however, made absolutely no sense, considering how the internet functions. What could explain that?

Astor stopped for a moment at the well, lowering the attached bucket to retrieve a quick drink, while Zak, Abronychus, and Flat waited, looking around, especially towards the north. Astor brought the bucket back up, now filled with water, and took a drink, before the four continued forward. Zak went to the east side of the large hut, and went up the crude ladder to the top of the hut, where he looked north, while the other three went to the west of the hut, and cautiously moved forward. And rightfully so.

With little warning, two Rahn inya ambushers jumped out from the tree line, armed with large daggers. Flat, with quick reflexes, managed to grab the first with his beak before it landed a single blow, and threw it with great force into the large hut's outer wall. The second, leaping at Astor, was met in the face with his sandal, and sent backwards as well. Figuring it a good a time as ever to practice, Astor brought his hands to the front of him, palms open, and began to concentrate. The Rahn inya he had kicked got up, staggering slightly, but regained his posture and rushed again at Astor. However, as small bolts of energy went between his fingers, he stopped the creature once again, a small bolt crackling forward and striking it in the upper left shoulder.

Whipping out his trident, Abronychus approached the other ambusher that Flat had thrown. It was also staggering, but was not regaining its composure as quickly. With ease, as the creature accidentally fell back again against the wall, Abronychus impaled it in the chest, quickly ending its life. The other Rahn inya, who had dropped its dagger from the shock, but was otherwise still fit to fight, was quickly grabbed again by Flat, who, still feeling a bit hungry, stomped him to the ground a few times to kill him, then ate him.

"So, did a few Rahn inya get lost, or do they have no sense of tactics?"
"They have a sense of tactics alright! It was a diversion!"

The four looked over to the west, where they saw the lines holding the pans had been cut and disarmed, and a large force was moving into the village. Zak promptly leaped off the building, landing on his feet and rolling with ease, and following the other three, who moved towards them, realizing Xix was alone. The hut to the far north west had been set afire, but the flames were far too large to put out by this point. Many villagers were also running to the east, to the blacksmiths, and especially to the large hut. A few were not so lucky, and had already been killed.

Xix continued to research on the internet, until a notice came up. Her search for the site's password was complete, and had found the correct password! Xix grinned and opened up the site's page, and typed in the password. However, moments away from hitting the enter key, she found herself at the south side of the hut, crashed just below the shelf, and quite dizzy. Looking towards the door in a slight daze, she saw a Rahn inya, but one unlike any she had seen before. It was far larger, over Zak's 6', possibly 7', or even 8. It also had far larger muscles, but kept the same, aggressive, enraged face. It held in its hand a large metal club, studded on its round cylindrical head.

Thinking quickly, Xix lifted her staff and attempted to force the new threat out the door. However, it was far too heavy, even without the mace. She tried a second time as it approached, this time trying to blast away its weapon, however its grip was too strong. Xix took out her scimitar and swiped at the beast, but it easily parried and bashed her left hand, forcing her to release it. It then grabbed her staff and whipped it away as well. He raised his mace, and prepared to strike her head one last time, but a voice called from behind it.

"Grak! Glan tegul anasien!"

A Rahn inya came through the doorway, looking similar to the shaman that was killed before. The beast lowered its mace, and instead gave Xix a "light" punch in her stomach, winding her, and then gave her another in the head, knocking her unconscious. The last thing she saw was the beast dragging her out the western window into the jungle, and the shaman close behind, grinning.

Gaweir, meanwhile, had made great progress with the knob and hinges. He had finished one hinge, although it was very slightly dented, and quite crude, and was working on the nail needed for it. However, he put away his hammer as he heard screaming from outside, and rushed out to see what was happening. Instantly, an arrow went straight for his head, but he managed to dive forward and roll before it hit him. Getting back up, and lifting his shield forward, he rushed in, sword drawn.

At a glance, the force consisted of 6 armed with bows and 6 armed with swords, as well a 2 or 3 ambushers behind the tree line. There was also, behind a few of the sword Rahn inya, another of the large, brutish mace wielders.

Flat:
 - Wounds: none effects=tired, thirsty
 - Inventory: none
 - Skills: Flying skill increased slightly. Gliding skill increased slightly. Melee Combat skill increased slightly. Grappling skill increased slightly

Astor:
 - Wounds: none
 - Skills: Kickboxing skill increased slightly. Concentration skill increased slightly. Casting skill increased slightly. Energy skill increased slightly. Conjuration skill increased slightly

Xix:
 - Wounds: cracked skull status=untreated effects=unconscious, faster tiring, light bleeding, tired, thirsty
                bruised back effects=none
                bruised stomach effects=none
                decently winded effects=much faster tiring
 - Skills: Researching skill increased moderately. Concentration skill increased slightly. Sword skill increased slightly. Melee Combat skill increased slightly
            Xix's Concentration skill is now at level 2!

Gaweir:
 - Skills: Furnace Use skill increased slightly. Metal Object Smithing skill increased moderately. Dodging skill increased slightly
            Gaweir's Metal Object Smithing is now at level 2!

Abronychus:
 - Skills: Polearms skill increased slightly. Melee Combat skill increased slightly

Zak:
 - Skills: Observation skill increased slightly
            Zak's Observation skill is now at level 2!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 26, 2008, 12:26:06 am »

Well, now what? We have an invasion here and a particular village under siege. Any ideas what to do? I have the ability to go to the village. I bet there's survivors there!

If I am needed here, I'll stay and fight. Otherwise, I'll try and go to the village, looking for some survivors.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 26, 2008, 12:28:36 am »

:o

you're MEAN, then this thing FINALY start going somwere... you bastard! >:(

You're a really good GM. ;)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 26, 2008, 06:24:01 am »

Next Turn:

Now seems like a good time for a tactical retreat.

RUN LIKE HELL! *Regains Composure* No not retreat. I rally as many the nearby villagers as possible, and order them to form a rough Phalanx, trying harder then ever to make them understand such a basic formation. Advanceing quickly, I take a few other villagers if possible and flank the monsters. I try and repulse as many arrows as possible from the villagers with my shield, but try not to make my self extra spikey for the holidays. I also activate my Focus Spell before meeting the enemy. With any luck, the villagers will have made a grab for some spears, swords, and maybe a shield or two. And thank almighty Armok if someone grabs a Longbow and fucks over those archers.

We meet them here, or this village will be reduced to nothing. Who's with me!?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 26, 2008, 06:51:37 am »

Damn! Time to act fast.

I jump on Flat, ride him onto the tops of the huts, race across the rooftops and leap off the huts, jumping off Flat in midair and land on the shaman and impale him through the chest.

I hope Flat co-operates...  And nice work!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 26, 2008, 07:14:49 am »

Yeah. Turn 20 turned out good. Lets hope we make it to number 40!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 26, 2008, 02:10:14 pm »

How do you know the Shaman is there?

Mind you we need to keep ingame knowledge and metagame knowlege somewhat seperate.

But anyway, after hearing that Xix is alone Astor rushes to the hut to try and make sure nobody is met alone. He tries to avoid approaching crowds, but if he sees a lonely warrior he will take a stab at it.
 Now knowing that he won't meet Xix, he will try to see where she went off to and try to protect her from the horde. The others are fighters and will likely fight for the village. Astor would be best at running to the less combat oriented member of the group and keeping the team together.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36