Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - the old one!  (Read 45717 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #210 on: December 05, 2008, 10:19:52 pm »

I scream an explanation at Astor before Xix can explain what the hell is going on. Having spent a lot of time on small volcanic islands, Abronychus knows what a volcano does.

Maybe I should write it into his backstory that his entire family was killed by (enter cause of family death in space provided) a volcano.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 05, 2008, 10:44:03 pm »

Is the death of a family really necessary?

For example, Astor shelters his parents with his comparitvely wealthy lifestyle. He also has a wife.

Kinda subverts the whole online roleplay thing, but alright.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 05, 2008, 10:48:14 pm »

Well, the whole "my family got killed by X" thing is a cliche. I was joking.  :P

Maybe I could have them get killed by werewolf mafiosos.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 05, 2008, 10:55:47 pm »

My guy doesn't worry about family, hes an orphan, remember? One of the benefits that he enjoys.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 05, 2008, 11:08:53 pm »

Hop aboard the Flatline Express! I've only got room for one, but they've got control if they want. Otherwise I'll fly above the lava that's bound to come, possibly evacuating the town.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 05, 2008, 11:17:31 pm »

Well, alright, next turn up in a while! I probably won't do the volcano too realistically if it does go off. Last thing I need is everyone dying from the ash rain or from airborne toxins. It wouldn't be as instant as rocks fall everyone dies, but still. Or the usual magma covers village stereotypical death. Then the village will crush scissors, unless the scissors cut the magma first. Wait...
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 05, 2008, 11:21:04 pm »

I like this story! Nice job!

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 06, 2008, 12:38:08 am »

Suddenly the goal for Abronychus' save the world plan is discovered...

And, for the first time, the entire party is together! Could have been a turn ago, but Gaweir was a bit out of it.

And, one last note, due to the HQ most likely gaining further improvement in the future, it shall now have its own status! (located underneath last player, above list. Not put in player statuses at bottom of turns)

No, nevermind, another note: congratulate Armok on gaining two levels in a single skill in just one turn!

Turn 12
Group 1: Flat, Astor, Xix, Gaweir, Abronychus, Zak
Flat: Hop aboard the Flatline Express! I've only got room for one, but they've got control if they want. Otherwise I'll fly above the lava that's bound to come, possibly evacuating the town.
Astor: I do not understand what is happening. I try to find out from Xix, knowing her to be smart and has her magical glowey box of information. Granted to her by the patron god Wikipedia.
Xix: I go to the HQ, disposing the heavy axe there, and then wiki some geology to see how much a hurry there is about the volcano. If there is much hurry: I look up volcano safety instructions in my book, or if not there I look on the web. I take down the computer and carry it with me try to get others to cary the rest of the stuff, I then follow the instructions. If there is no or little hurry (unlikely something will happen in several days): I inform everyone it's safe and make them continue with listed tasks, by now annoyed at everyone's lack of discipline.
Gaweir: I ask Xix to grab my sword for me, where ever it might be. Soon after, it dawns on me what the rumbling was. "VOLCANO!"
Abronychus: I scream an explanation at Astor before Xix can explain what the hell is going on. Having spent a lot of time on small volcanic islands, Abronychus knows what a volcano does.
Zak: I move out into an open space away from anything that may fall on me and adapt to the situation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few moments of realizing what was happening, surprisingly little events happened. The villagers seemed to look more upset than before, but other than this they continued their usual duties without being fazed. Zak moved to the center of the village, making sure the rumbling would not cause anything in, on, or consisting of the buildings to fall on him. Astor went over to the hut with Xix while Gaweir moved back inside as well.

"Xix, do you have any idea what is going on?"
"That volcano is apparently active. I'm not sure if it is to erupt anytime soon, but I'll see what I can find on here, let me just put this axe down..."
"Xix, could you get my sword for me?"
"Sure, hold on, let me see what this volcano will do..."
"Xix, go get Gaweir's sword, I'll explain to Astor here what this volcano is."
"I'm going to look this thing up whether you like it or not, now shut up!"

The group went silent as Xix, slightly frustrated, searched on the web about volcanoes. She soon found a page, and, looking out the window, compared images to the island's volcano.

"Hmm... it's far too tall to be a shield volcano or lava dome... It can't be a cinder cone with its eruption timeline... but it isn't quite as potent as a supervolcano. It must be a stratovolcano then! And... look, there is a very slight magma flow coming down it! Based on its speed... I'd say it's rhyolitic or felsic, but it couldn't be basaltic. And, with the volcano's shape and distance, I'd say we are pretty safe from such flows. However, that also means this volcano will have quite large gas eruptions, thus we are in danger of acid rain. That will damage this area quite badly, and risk our health as well. However, this area is relatively healthy, I'd say this volcano has not fully erupted before, or at least not recently. By the scale of the tremors, the actual eruption may be approaching, however it is still a good few days away...
".....Right....."
"I knew that! I could have told Astor too! You just wasted our time with that, which could have been spent better, such as finding Gaweir's sword!"
"Of course Abronychus, you're the one with a laptop after all. Let's just continue working while we have the chance. We could use some good cover if acid rain comes, but the only real safe bet is getting off this island..."

Xix walked out of the hut and went to the barbarian man's corpse, where Gaweir's sword was sitting. While going to get it, she found the soldier and archaeologist talking, mainly in a fearful and upset tone. Xix picked up the sword and began to walk back to the hut.

"You two should come over to our hut, where there isn't rubble and a hole in the roof. Perhaps you could make yourselves useful and help us out."

The two looked at each other, frowns still covering their faces, and trudged over to the HQ, while Xix went back and gave Gaweir his sword. Afterwards, she went to the jungle's edge and examined the plants and soil. With little else to do, the others decided to follow Xix's list some.

Gaweir went to meet with the village's second-highest-ranked member (Kogar was the chief), the old man who had fixed Xix's staff. As the current point of interest, he decided to inquire on the volcano. The man told him that it had been dormant for centuries, until around a month ago, when it rumbled slightly. Afterwards came the first sightings of the Rahn inya. Since then, the rumblings have grown in intensity, and the number of Rahn inya has increased, as well as the types seen. This is what caused the village to associate the volcano with the origins of the Rahn inya.

Abronychus went over to Flat, who was resting in the sun while it still shone, and inquired if they would be able to scout around some. With little else to do, Flat agreed, and Abronychus mounted up. Sailing above the village, Abronychus looked around, trying to make a decent map, however he was both unskilled, and the surrounding area was almost completely jungle. Pretty much everything was jungle, aside from the beaches and the volcano. He did notice that, far to the west was a very slight red glow in the jungle. He and Flat quickly landed, and Abronychus alerted Xix of the glow.

Astor asked, with a slight grimace, for a few pieces of currency from Flat, who glady coughed up a few triangles. With them, Astor went to the shop that held various foods and cutlery objects, and bought a large bowl, stone serving spoons, and a few minor spices. He also made a small fire with a few stones and a few wooden logs outside the HQ, where he hung the bowl on a few connected branches and, with a bit of carving with his dagger, dished the orange mushrooms in the bowl, which he then filled with water, and let it boil. After a bit, he added in the spices, and stirred with a serving spoon. The soup quickly began to turn a thick orange color, and smelled quite good. While it cooked, he used a few more pieces of currency to purchase ten mats for the HQ for sleeping on, as well as two chairs.

As the rumbling ceased, Astor called out.

"Dinner is served!"

Flat:
 - Wounds: none
 - Inventory: Lost Green Triangle Stone (9)
 - Skills: Flying skill increased slightly. Gliding skill increased slightly. Carrying skill increased slightly

Astor:
 - Wounds: lightly bruised effects=none
 - Inventory: none
 - Skills: Cooking skill increased moderately

Xix:
 - Skills: Observation skill increased slightly. Researching skill increased greatly
            Xix's Researching skill is now at level 3! (+2)

Gaweir:
 - Wounds: cracked skull status=mostly treated effects=faster tiring, tired
 - Inventory: Given a Fine Steel Longsword
 - Skills: none

Abronychus:
 - Wounds: lightly bruised effects=none
 - Skills: Observation skill increased slightly. Riding skill increased slightly
            Abronychus' Observation skill is now at level 2!
            Abronychus' Riding skill is now at level 2!

Zak:
 - Skills: Observation skill increased slightly

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 06, 2008, 12:47:27 am »

I already ate! But I'll have some more! I'll do some more rides for the villagers for money! We could use some! Woo!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 06, 2008, 12:55:20 am »

Zak decides to eat to regain strength and practices sword fighting skills with Abronychus afterward. Practice makes perfect after all! ((He will eat from his own supplies.))
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 01:02:47 am by Zako »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 06, 2008, 01:22:34 am »

I read the scroll silently, then I spar with Zak, specifically avoiding using my trident (pointy things have a bad track record when it comes to sparring. My whole family was killed in a sparring accident involving a steel spear), and then go eat... food.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 03:04:46 pm by inaluct »

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 06, 2008, 04:31:51 am »

Next Turn:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That healing neckless is still working on me right? Then I should be at full health soon enough. Maybe I could try sparring aswell seeing as how the plot will slow down for a little while. When I'm healed I guess. In the meantime...Hey birdy! Give me a ride! :P

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 06, 2008, 08:42:39 am »

I was thinking of keeping the mushroom for trading purposes(Just in case some disagreeable gentleman who we need comes along), but this works. Nothing like food during the upheaval of a volcano to bring the family together!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 06, 2008, 12:19:21 pm »

Yep, you're still healing with that necklace. A few people who had only light bruises are still lightly bruised, while your badly windedness is gone, bruises are gone, and your severely cracked skull is now just averagely cracked.

Also might want to watch out, there are only five servings to the soup.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 06, 2008, 03:06:25 pm »

I edited my action. I think I should get on with it and read what that scroll was.

Guys, if I turn into a werewolf or something, smack me in the head with the bottle I'm carrying.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36