Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - the old one!  (Read 45701 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #165 on: November 30, 2008, 02:27:06 pm »

I say something similar to "Why don't you just tell us why you want to hurt these people? Does it have anything to do with... THIS!?" And then I hold up the necklace with the weird rock symbol on it.  :P

When he says "No, it has nothing to do with that." I'm going to look slightly disappointed.

If he keeps fighting, I'm going to throw rocks at him and keep my distance. Or I might go get the trident and start poking him with it. Maybe we can get a contingent of villagers with really long spears to help.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 02:32:04 pm by inaluct »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 30, 2008, 02:34:44 pm »

Trust me, that ain't doing nothin' to this guy.

Astor, slightly winded, will try to manage his way to Gaweir and make sure he is alright. Not much else he can do.

Other than the combat stuff, everything from the last post still stands.

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 30, 2008, 02:36:59 pm »

Maybe we can light him on fire, then. But seriously, we should probably just try and talk to him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 30, 2008, 02:38:06 pm »

Awesome... I was like, aw man, Flat's gonna have no part in this fight again, but then, BABOOM! That makes me feel better. I liked it.

I'll try and help Gaweir with his injuries by giving him my amulet. I'll also try and keep him protected, if I can. Everyone else seems to be in better shape than him. I'll also try and rest up as well, if possible, and if anyone is in danger, I'll do my best to help them without leaving Gaweir entirely.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 30, 2008, 02:49:15 pm »

Next Turn:

Out of combat: Forced Rest.

Gaweir is unconscious.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 30, 2008, 06:57:21 pm »

Oh ****, I lost the staff.
You realize that telekinetic axe flail make swordchucks look like a safe alternative?

This turn:
I swear, I try to see what is needed to fix the staff.
If the man comes near, I run away, unless he tries to threaten my computer in which case I goes berserk and probably gets myself killed.
Except from that, I follow the list.

The File: (some minor changes)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 30, 2008, 07:16:49 pm »

I decide to enter the camp when most of the soldiers have left and try to communicate with the archeologists peacefully if its safe enough. If not, I spy on the incoming army trying to spot a weakness in their technology that I can exploit. I also have the erge to check my head for injuries so I do so.

And am I hallucinating or is it a totally separate part of the island? I want to know!

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 30, 2008, 09:15:22 pm »

Huzzah, a double turn day! Quick note: Abronychus' "necklace" is not a necklace, just a rock with a specific shape, and coloring on it.

Also, the plot thickens!

Turn 9
Group 1: Flat, Astor, Xix, Gaweir, Abronychus
Flat: I'll try and help Gaweir with his injuries by giving him my amulet. I'll also try and keep him protected, if I can. Everyone else seems to be in better shape than him. I'll also try and rest up as well, if possible, and if anyone is in danger, I'll do my best to help them without leaving Gaweir entirely.
Astor: I, slightly winded, will try to manage my way to Gaweir and make sure he is alright. Not much else I can do.
Xix: I swear, I try to see what is needed to fix the staff. If the man comes near, I run away, unless he tries to threaten my computer in which case I goes berserk and probably gets myself killed. Except from that, I follow the list.
Gaweir: Out of combat: Forced Rest.
Abronychus: I say something similar to "Why don't you just tell us why you want to hurt these people? Does it have anything to do with... THIS!?" And then I hold up the necklace with the weird rock symbol on it. When he says "No, it has nothing to do with that." I'm going to look slightly disappointed. If he keeps fighting, I'm going to throw rocks at him and keep my distance. Or I might go get the trident and start poking him with it. Maybe we can get a contingent of villagers with really long spears to help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The man, ignoring the others as best as he could, began to limp slowly towards the large hut. Astor and Flat left him to go help with Gaweir, while Xix examined her new weapon unhappily, seeing what would be neede to repair it, and Abronychus ran towards where the large hut was.

Flat and Astor, reaching Gaweir's limp body, examined it, seeing what wounds he had. Flat slid his necklace off of his neck and onto Gaweir's, and almost instantly his bleeding seemed to slow. It was then obvious the necklace had some form of healing enchantment placed upon it. Astor went into the nearby jungle and looked for long yet sturdy leaves to use as bandages. Gaweir, in his unconsciousness, was undisturbed by dreams or nightmares, and slept peacefully.

Abronychus, upon reaching the front of the hut, motioned the man to stop. He growled and lifted his sword up.

"Why are you trying to hurt these people?"
"Move out of my way before everything is ruined!"
"Does it have anything to do with this?"

The man looked on with a puzzled expression as Abronychus went through his things. However, he could not locate the object he used to hold.

"Odd. I had a rock decorated with blue before..."
"WHAT?!"

The man quickly seemed to lose all his weariness as his eyes scanned the area. Looking around, he saw the people who had run before, their heads ducked. They had ran right past Abronychus!

"The world's about to fall! Stop those thieves!"

Abronychus looked with bewilderment as the man stormed after the thieves, who had sprinted into the hut. Abronychus decided to follow as well.

Inside the hut, Abronychus found it was some sort of temple. Various villagers were praying to a large rock formation, which had on it many engravings. People all around it seemed to be pleading for aid against the Rahn inya. Apparently the power of those creatures had sparked an entire religion into the tribe. Abronychus then saw the thieves running behind it. Chasing them as well, he saw that, on the back, many more engravings were present, along with one, larger than the others. It was also colored with blue, and shaped as the talisman he had found. The thieves quickly took out the talisman and held it up high.

"Flahk iklern agantel Rahn inya!"

The man pushed past Abronychus and threw the sword at the thief with the talisman. The sword went straight through his head, killing him, however it was too late. The talisman had been set. Instantly, the blue coloring from the talisman seeped over the entire rock, bringing a blueish glow to the other engravings. Abronychus then noticed, at the top of the rock was a gray orb. The blue color spread towards the orb, however the orb did not glow.

Running from the hut, Abronychus saw the other four in their usual positions for the most part. Astor had found a bunch of long leaves and had bandaged Gaweir up, while Flat watched from afar, occasionally helping with translations. Xix needed such translations as she asked around for help in fixing her staff. Many people said that the staff would have to be re-completed, the top part found, however the permanent telekinesis on the axe might be permanent. The only perfect cure for that would be to disenchant the staff entirely, and then re-enchant it.

"Xix! You're going to want to see this!"

Xix looked up from the ground, apparently trying to locate the piece, to Abronychus at the large hut's doorway. She instantly noticed the blue glow coming from inside, and rushed over, along with Astor. As they entered inside, they saw the man holding his head down, his wounds finally getting the better of him.

"I hope you're happy now. This world is doomed."

Suddenly, they noticed the orb on the formation beginning to glow.

"There it is. Here it comes. Prepare to face foes like none you have ever seen..."

In an instant, five figures appeared around the formation. Three of them wore fairly nice clothing, one was in some strange form of camouflage, and the fifth, far more familiar, wore leather armor, with steel plating on it, as well as a sword.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group 2: Zak
Zak: I decide to enter the camp when most of the soldiers have left and try to communicate with the archeologists peacefully if its safe enough. If not, I spy on the incoming army trying to spot a weakness in their technology that I can exploit. I also have the erge to check my head for injuries so I do so.

Finally deciding that it was better to be known than hide, Zak exited the jungle, moving over to the archaeologists as the soldiers were distracted. He went over to one and tapped on his shoulder.

"Excuse me, but what are you doing here? Don't worry, I'm not hostile."

The archaeologist looked up slightly startled, but upon seeing Zak's face, smiled.

"Of course you aren't. You look nothing like those Rahn inya. Ah yes, and we are trying to determine what this rock is here. The Rahn inya seem very interested in having it, however I can't determine why... it also looks like a piece is missing from the back of it, perhaps some sort of key, but none of us can find it! Have you seen it? Oh, where are my manners, my name is Andrey, you are?"
"Zak, pleased to meet you. And no, sorry, I've not seen anything quite like this before. Although I did see those, what did you call them? Rahn inya? A bit before, I threw a note to the camp to tell you, without risking my life by presenting myself."
"Oh, so that was you. Yes, the men are getting ready to repel the force coming. They say the Rahn inya are far worse shots than these men, but their speed is incredible, and I've never seen anything take so many shots without faltering! It seems only a good hit to the chest really rids of them. Sadly they keep their chests well armored."

Zak pondered for a moment, however it was interrupted by a gunshot. One of the snipers had apparently fired. Zak looked over and saw other snipers beginning to fire. The Apaches also took off at this time, keeping high up, and circling around the area where Zak supposed the marching army was.

"Looks like they're here, we'd better find some cover!"

Zak and the archaeologists ran over to a nearby tent, which had a sandbag bunker built inside. It was a large one as well, allowing all of them to hide safely with room to spare.

"As I was saying, with the formation, we believe the Rahn inya hold the last piece. We are only here to claim the piece from them, as we fear maic may truly exist here, and we can't let those creatures gain control of it!"

One of the archaeologists looked outside the tent, seeing what was going on.

"Their army hasn't reached us yet. By the number of shots from our snipers, and their usual aim, I'd say a good ten to fifteen Rahn inya are down! But, they're also probably sprinting towards us now, they'll be here-"

The archaeologist's narration of the battle was cut short by a massive blast ringing from in the jungle, followed by one of the tents exploding.

"They have tanks?! Glad we brought Apaches then!"

After a moment, the Apaches began to fire missiles into the jungle, with large fireballs rocketing into the sky. Zak was now looking out as well, with complete awe. He then looked at the formation, and saw that the orb on top was suddenly glowing blue.

"Uhh, is that supposed to happen?"

Zak pointed at the rock formation.

"No, I've... never seen it do anything but sit still. Perhaps when the piece approaches, it begins to activate, even before the piece is placed!"

A bit after, Zak and the archaeologists saw an unarmed soldier, holding a blue-lined rock, sprinting forward. He seemed ecstatic. Everyone then realized the piece was the perfect shape for the rock!

"Look! I got it off of one of their officers! I have the missing piece!"

Zak and the archaeologists sprinted towards the rock, where the man held the piece, preparing to put it in. As he placed it into the hole, the engravings on the formation began to glow the same blue as the piece, and the orb. Suddenly, Zak, the soldier, and three of the archaeologists vanished, finding themselves in some sort of hut...

Flat:
 - Wounds: none
 - Inventory: Lost Necklace (Healing)
 - Skills: Language skill increased slightly. Language Comprehension skill increased slightly

Astor:
 - Wounds: lightly bruised effects=none
                winded effects=faster tiring
 - Inventory: none
 - Skills: Bandaging skill increased moderately. Healing skill increased slightly. Observation skill increased slightly

Xix:
 - Skills: Language skill increased slightly. Language Comprehension skill increased slightly. Observation skill increased slightly

Gaweir:
 - Wounds: badly cracked skull status=untreated effects=unconscious, extremely fast tiring, very tired (--actions), light bleeding
                badly bruised back effects=none
                decently winded effects=much faster tiring
 - Inventory: Given Necklace (Healing)
 - Skills: none

Abronychus:
 - Wounds: lightly bruised effects=none
                decently winded effects=much faster tiring
 - Skills: none

Zak:
 - Skills: Fast Movement skill increased slightly
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 30, 2008, 09:31:41 pm »

Wow, that was fast:

This turn:

I say, "Ooups", hastily hand the axe-staff-mace to the nearest person, hastily but sincerely apologize the axe-man, and run away watching the hut hiding somewhere at least 100m away and watching.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 30, 2008, 10:06:09 pm »

Looks like the Rahn inya were potentially on our side. Oh well. Maybe we all have a little Rahn inya on the inside. Maybe what we thought were the Rahn inya were humans, and what we thought we humans were some cosmic horrors or something.

Anyway, I'm going to try and talk to the five people that just appeared. I'll talk to the one that I think looks like they like water and the ocean the most. I'll greet them, ask them who they are, what just happened, and if they would (ahem) happen to be a cosmic evil that some adventurers might want to go kill. I'm going to try and be relatively polite. If one of them tries to brush me off with any "I'm better than you, Abronychus." stuff, I'm going to start talking about the equality of man and how I am not going to shut up, capitalist pig.

If I have time, I'm going to either try and help the giant or yell for someone to come try and help him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 30, 2008, 10:25:38 pm »

I'll go eat up my currency, followed by... being confused. I guess I'll be on lookout for a bit, maybe flying here and there. I'm not sure what is possibly the end of the world...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 30, 2008, 11:35:02 pm »

Here's the plan for when the world does fall, guys:

F.L.A.T. will try to fly Gaweir to high ground, and I'll try and keep Xix from drowning and swim them towards some land. Everyone else dog paddles for land with me.

By "everyone else," I mean Astor.

Ah. There. Got it. Also, lions can't swim, right? So Xix can't half swim.

Which is worse than not being able to swim, if you say it in a Texas accent.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 12:29:02 am by inaluct »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 01, 2008, 12:19:05 am »

Despite all the apparently magical things happening around him, Astor has no idea what potental horrors could happen. In fact, he really isn't picking up the sense of urgency and dread.

Thus he walks up to the figures that appeared and, with balls of steel(As you all should know by now), asks these new people who the heck they are. Anything other than nothing happening will be a total shock, resulting in him trying his best to tag along. He gets things done, he doesn't plan these things.

And damn, it seems things get worse and worse. There had better be a minor conclusion or something, because I dunno how Astor could take constant fighting to SAVE THE WORRRRRRRRLD!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 01, 2008, 05:18:40 am »

Well this is interesting...

Emboldened by familiar weaponry and clothing, Zak decides to take control of the situation and quickly informs the new strangers of the situation he was recently in. He then pushes everyone out of the hut to get them to safety, watching out for danger from all directions.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 01, 2008, 03:13:02 pm »

Sorry, even if WorkerDrone posts today, I may not be able to update. First day after school break, swamped with work, and still more college stuff to do. This week will probably be bad, with updates scattered around, but it will clear up eventually!
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36