Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fungal Infection  (Read 2246 times)

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fungal Infection
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 09:54:22 am »

Dude. How would the game know? Honestly, I've used a no skilled dwarf and punched a guy so hard his chest flew off while he was wearing steel plate. The game isn't entirely realistic.
What are you talking about?  I have no boxing skill whatsoever, and I punch people heads off all the time.

Three on the way to breakfast this morning IN MY OWN HOUSE

I don't think anybody is suggesting zombie plague as a standard monster for fortress mode, although it could be a neat danger for evil undead areas (they lose their virulency outside of evil zones, maybe?), or more to the point, as a dog you find in the deep jungle when roaming in adventure mode.  At any rate, the tag would be useful for modding in a game that DOES have machine guns.  Zombie Apocalypse mod, anyone?

JohnieRWilkins

• Bay Watcher
  • @_@?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2008, 04:56:57 pm »

Oh yea, fungal infections are scary, if your fortress is a 3rd world entity that is. Around here we just inject you with a slightly sub-lethal dose of fungicides.
- But honestly, if you think
If we could miniaturize things, we would have everybody wielding drawbridges and utterly atomizing

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 06:45:50 pm »

Generic evil areas are being removed in favor of more varied regional features

Maybe we'll finally be able to tell whether a region has beak dogs or zombies before embarking. The undead are everywhere, really makes it hard to find edible evil critters
Pages: 1 [2]