Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dwarves scared by caged undead  (Read 4983 times)

vooood

• Bay Watcher
  • Prophet
    • View Profile
    • Amalis of Daloth (TBA)
Re: Dwarves scared by caged undead
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 08:11:12 am »

The dwarven thing to do would be to undermine the cage or encase it in obsidian.

This gave me an idea. If any of you read the Song of Ice and Fire you might recall the icy small cells in the Wall at some Black fortresses. It would be really cool (in many ways, lol) to have the caged monstrosities locked up in some cold cell carved out in a middle of a glacier.
Music was my first love, and it will be my last.
Music of the future, and music of the past.

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 08:17:54 am »

my only questiopn is this:

Isnt what is said here traditionally considered an oxymoron?

Anyway it's the first winter and we have the bridge down while waiting for the liason to leave, we get rushed very slowly by six zombie rehesus marques.

RUSHED VERY SLOWLY....BY ZONKEYS!?
that is really contradictory

i can see it now....bored? smoke a zamel....it is beneficial to your health!
surgeons general warning? may cause magma-itis, a case where a suicidal dwarf decides to jump into a magma moat....will not cause lung cancer

Smoke a zamel, catch some Z's. I believe the oxymoronic nature of the situation was pointed out quite earlier on.

Manchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 08:34:36 am »

nope the oxymoron wasnt mentiond until i brought it up.....unless you noticed it where i did not see it mentioned
There are two types of Christians:
Those that believe in God,

And those that suffer from retardation.

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 03:00:34 pm »

Try the second post. You don't have to use the word to grasp the concept. It also doesn't appear to have occurred to you I might have deliberately used the oxymoronic terms together for purposes of humour. Never mind that "rush" in mlitary terms tends to describe intent, rather than execution.

Is it just me or is everybody incredibly literal-minded today?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 03:09:47 pm by Marlowe »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 06:38:14 pm »

I once read the bible in a literal minded state. Oh man. Not good.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 03:55:18 am »

I once read the bible in a literal minded state. Oh man. Not good.

I would imagine that that would only be a problem once you got past Judges. 

On the topic at hand, the image of 6 shambling zombie monkeys charging as fast as their rotting legs can carry them is beyond funny.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2008, 04:03:38 am »

Well it got a bit weird when God told me that should I ever attack a city I should kill the children, rape the women and enslave the men. Scratched my head a bit before I decided its not valid.

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2008, 04:49:48 am »

Funny, in one section they just kill all the men and married women and enslave all the virgin girls. I guess those there biblical type people just ain't good at following instructions.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2008, 04:58:10 am »

never were. David manages to get an entire army killed. TEN COMMANDMENTS DAVID! THEY'RE A GOOD READ!

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2008, 05:01:32 am »

Yeah, David's a good one. I'm pretty sure getting people killed so you can sleep with their wives violates some sort of.....behavioral instruction....in there...somewhere.

On the other hand, he didn't do the killing himself, and he didn't sleep with her while her husband was alive, so maybe it's a technicality.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2008, 05:12:06 am »

Oh well thats okay then. But a bit awkward if you get arrested.

"did you cause this man's death?"
"I arranged it, if thats what you mean. And slept with his wife but he was dead by then"
*pause for hilarious mouth open shocked policeman expression*

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2008, 09:51:29 am »

to hell with being arrested, will st peter let that sort of thing fly?   seems like the sort of thing a lawyer would try to pull.  "nothing in the rules that says I cant get other people to do the killing and if she aint married shes free game, thats what the big mans rules say.  My case rests your honor, make with the wings."
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2008, 10:19:42 am »

to hell with being arrested, will st peter let that sort of thing fly?   seems like the sort of thing a lawyer would try to pull.  "nothing in the rules that says I cant get other people to do the killing and if she aint married shes free game, thats what the big mans rules say.  My case rests your honor, make with the wings."

There was meant to be a post here  ::).

The worst thing is that St Peter is a few hundred years after David, so what happens then.

never mind that St Peter was a famously spineless coward...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 10:27:46 am by Marlowe »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2008, 03:30:07 pm »

Hence why he gets the door job for the last 2000 years. That can't be fun.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2008, 05:17:52 pm »

Yeah, David's a good one. I'm pretty sure getting people killed so you can sleep with their wives violates some sort of.....behavioral instruction....in there...somewhere.

On the other hand, he didn't do the killing himself, and he didn't sleep with her while her husband was alive, so maybe it's a technicality.

Actually, he slept with Bathsheba, got her pregnant, tried to get Uriah to spend some quality time with her to cover it up, and then had him killed when he refused.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3