Yes
- 24 (51.1%)
No
- 21 (44.7%)
Who the heck is Zelda?
- 2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Legend of zelda mod  (Read 4356 times)

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of zelda mod
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2008, 11:40:57 am »

If you can get bomb plants to work then you deserve $5.00.

MagicJuggler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2008, 02:02:13 pm »

Zoras would be cool, though Gorons would be tough to pull off to fluff...  Wait, I've got it!  No cooks, yes furnace operator, generic "put stone in" reaction that comes out with...  Rock Sirloin, a high-quality meal.
You could also give them [MATERIAL:STONE:(any brown stone)]

Give them a form of stone MATGLOSS perhaps to represent their rocky hide, and give them a DR bonus?

Racial weapons of course are of note. I.e. Zora spear-warriors or Hammer-gorons. Hylians would effectively be humans in terms of wieldable weapons...perhaps mod "dual weapons" to represent the Gerudo thiefs whom dual-wielded scimitars?

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2008, 03:31:00 am »

So are you going for an specific Zelda or just take creatures from all Zelda?
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Gondana

• Bay Watcher
  • OMG!!!
    • View Profile
    • OMG!!!
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2008, 04:45:46 am »

Woah!!! This is getting popular!!!

I will be consentrating on the races, plants, monsters, ect. Scince mont of the equepment in LoZ are relicks it will be hard tomake all of them.

For Megabeasts I'll use those Anoying/Spinning/Things-that-are-realy-hard-to-kill/flying-things that apear in "Ocorina of Time" If you've played this one you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

As for the Bomb-Plants, last time I tryed to make something that would spontaniusy explode, world gen' crashed.

I will also make a race called guy in a stupid green hat, that will never survive world gen' but is a playable hero. I know that you can play extinct races with the [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag 'couse I tested a mod yesterday and the humans didn't survive world gen' but you could still play as a human.

[Of topic]
Hey My total log on time is 12 hours and 24 minuts!
OMG!!!
Current project: Legend of Zelda mod.

Turnip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2008, 06:00:28 am »

you dont deserve to make a zelda game if you dont know who the protaganist's name is
And (because of various programming quirks) dwarves are kinda stupid. Granted, so are the other races. But still.
And yet these stupid dwarves are going to eventually make a nuclear weapon out of cheese and basalt.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2008, 04:49:34 pm »

you dont deserve to make a zelda game if you dont know who the protaganist's name is
Hey, he never said he didn't know.  Besides, the protagonist's name changes depending on who is playing.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2008, 04:51:55 pm »

Hey, he never said he didn't know.  Besides, the protagonist's name changes depending on who is playing.
Not to mention some games allow you customize the name.
 Link was Duke for all the times I have a choice.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2008, 05:21:03 pm »

Not to mention some games allow you customize the name.
 Link was Duke for all the times I have a choice.

I always call him fagballs.

I will also make a race called guy in a stupid green hat, that will never survive world gen' but is a playable hero. I know that you can play extinct races with the [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag 'couse I tested a mod yesterday and the humans didn't survive world gen' but you could still play as a human.

Besides a few grammar errors,( Let's not go there ::) ) I heartly aprove.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

roundedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2008, 07:45:07 pm »

I would love to see a zelda mod, although the features I would like to see are probably currently not moddable, but maybe in the next release they will be.

First off, Gorons are a must, imagine once toady starts including more underground features, you stumble upon an underground goron tribe, who proceed to wander around your fortress slowly eating all of your stone. A blessing, but also a curse if you don't properly manage your gems and ores.

Deku Baba's would be really cool, the first plant that requires soldiers to harvest.

Trained Dodongo's would be badass in a large battle, imagine gobos and Dwarves duking it out, and then a dodongo goes down (could be from either side) and blows a chunk of the battle, goblins and dwarves, right into the air.

I think the primary thing we should take away from the Zelda games, with regards to DF, is that, although it may be true that the aesthetic between the two games may not be compatible, the interesting game play mechanics which both the creatures and the items brought to the zelda games could have a legitimate home in the DF universe.

Orange Drink

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2008, 08:00:05 pm »

I would love to see a zelda mod, although the features I would like to see are probably currently not moddable, but maybe in the next release they will be.

First off, Gorons are a must, imagine once toady starts including more underground features, you stumble upon an underground goron tribe, who proceed to wander around your fortress slowly eating all of your stone. A blessing, but also a curse if you don't properly manage your gems and ores.

Deku Baba's would be really cool, the first plant that requires soldiers to harvest.

Trained Dodongo's would be badass in a large battle, imagine gobos and Dwarves duking it out, and then a dodongo goes down (could be from either side) and blows a chunk of the battle, goblins and dwarves, right into the air.

I think the primary thing we should take away from the Zelda games, with regards to DF, is that, although it may be true that the aesthetic between the two games may not be compatible, the interesting game play mechanics which both the creatures and the items brought to the zelda games could have a legitimate home in the DF universe.

. . .

$5.00 to anyone who knows what these creatures are (besides gorons).

roundedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2008, 09:02:32 pm »

Deku Baba- Pirana Plant
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dodongo- Asplodes when it dies, and breathes fire.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2008, 09:50:54 pm »

I find it funny that people take offense to your mod, but nobody said anything against mine.  Course, I never asked anyone if they approved of my mod, generally assuming those who didn't like it would just not download it.

It's easy to see the desire to create a mod people will play.  Perhaps you might want to change the poll to reflect that point, so you get more accurate feedback.  Ultimately, if you enjoy your mod, that's what's most important.

Orange Drink

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2008, 12:21:41 am »

Deku Baba- Pirana Plant

Dodongo- Asplodes when it dies, and breathes fire.

oh, those things.
most people don't really care about the creatures real names, because their never mentioned in the game.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2008, 03:17:33 am »

Dodongo is mentiond by the gorons.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2008, 08:47:15 am »

In most of the 3 dimensional console games, there were ways to tell what a creature's name was.  In Ocarina of Time, you used z-targeting and hit the up-c button to talk to Navi about it.  The little fairy would then describe it to you.  I hated that fairy.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4