Yes
- 24 (51.1%)
No
- 21 (44.7%)
Who the heck is Zelda?
- 2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Legend of zelda mod  (Read 4349 times)

Gondana

• Bay Watcher
  • OMG!!!
    • View Profile
    • OMG!!!
Legend of zelda mod
« on: November 21, 2008, 02:37:52 am »

Legend of Zelda fans can make themselves at home with the Legend of Zelda mod, however unless enough peaple are Legend of Zelda fans, I'm not going to waist my time.

The end product will include the monsters, speciel weapons/gear, and races.
At the moment I just did the Hyrel-shield, Master-sword, and a few peices of clothing.

item_weapon
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

item_shield

item_Armor

item_helm
OMG!!!
Current project: Legend of Zelda mod.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of zelda mod
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 02:39:26 am »

Not sure how many other people feel that not only is this not exactly what Dwarf Fortress needs...(Zelda?! In DF?! You have got to be kidding.)

But no.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 02:52:39 am »

Regardless of what it is or is not.  It's spelled Hyrule.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 03:46:47 am »

also it's waste, not waist.

And no, not really of the spirit of DF. I love the zelda series but... no.

Gondana

• Bay Watcher
  • OMG!!!
    • View Profile
    • OMG!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 05:36:33 am »

Alright, stop picking on the dislexick guy, OK?

Also this is why I put up a poll before continuing, to see if it was worth it or not. The answer clearly being the latter.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 05:38:09 am by Gondana »
OMG!!!
Current project: Legend of Zelda mod.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 09:39:07 am »

Alright, stop picking on the dislexick guy, OK?

Also this is why I put up a poll before continuing, to see if it was worth it or not. The answer clearly being the latter.

Dyslexia has nothing to do with poor spelling. It is an inability to interpret spatial relationships or to integrate auditory and visual information. We really weren't picking on you, but using a reading disorder as a crutch for poor spelling smacks of laziness more than anything. dictionary.com is a click away and you can get the spelling of any word you want. Heck most browsers will check your post beforehand, mine even noted that I had misspelled dyslexia and fixed it for me. Granted it wouldn't help with waist/waste or Hyrule. :)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 03:35:43 pm »

Well, this mod is pretty complete. If you have something to add, why not. It depends on your time only. And it's your right to decide what to do with your time.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 03:51:19 pm »

Sure, I'd like to see you continue, adding creatures and the like. It'd be nice if you'd take it a bit more seriously, though. 'Stupid Green Cap' doesn't really inspire confidence in you taking what you're doing seriously.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 04:55:23 pm »

If you're honestly going to type like a tard because you're dyslexic, you pretty much admit to being a tard and wanting to stay one. Firefox checks your spelling and can autocorrect common words if you set it to. Google toolbar has an awesome spellcheck (Better than Firefox's one.) that you can hit when you finish typing. It'll highlight everything you typed wrong and will fix it for you.

Poor grammar can be forgiven. Poor spelling, cannot.

Now about the mod... I'd have to say no. It's not the DF spirit.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 07:15:19 pm »

If you're honestly going to type like a tard because you're dyslexic, you pretty much admit to being a tard and wanting to stay one. Firefox checks your spelling and can autocorrect common words if you set it to. Google toolbar has an awesome spellcheck (Better than Firefox's one.) that you can hit when you finish typing. It'll highlight everything you typed wrong and will fix it for you.

Poor grammar can be forgiven. Poor spelling, cannot.

Now about the mod... I'd have to say no. It's not the DF spirit.
Two things:
1)  Spell check cannot read your mind.  Dyslexia could easily cause confusion between two suggestions.
2)  So it's not in the spirit of DF.  Dat don't matta fooh.  It's more like Zelda with a DF twist, which would be hilarious.  And I don't really think some of these other mods I've seen are in the spirit of DF either.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 07:30:19 pm »

Poor grammar can be forgiven.
even when its all one massive runon sentence and you cant tell when one sentence ends and the other stops this mod sucks you suck you all suck this is a joke post you all fail miserably what what what whos doing this wait what its me oh god why am i doing this oh wait maybe im proving a point

Point proven, I think.
By the way, see my signature.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 07:31:15 pm »

I voted yes, but you should really make some changes to the items, one what the hell am I going to do when my enemy also has a master sword?

The hylian sheild is a pretty neat addition, although you should probably just give it to the hippy menace or to humies, dwarfs weren't really in the LOZ series.
Make a bow, I forget what they call the damn thing in the series though. ???

Er three, O.K. the guy just made a grammar error, we've already told him enough, don't turn it into a discussion. Let him get back to modding.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 07:35:13 pm »

To those who say this is not in the spirit of DF:
 -I don't feel the NSFW goblin thread is in the 'spirit' of DF.
 -This is a mod. Really now, anybody can do whatever they want.

Let the mod continue. I can see this developing. Although seeing the number of unique weapons in the original games, it would not work well with DF.

Either it is a crapshoot to make the Master Sword via moods, or you can mass-produce 'em.

To be fair, the hookshot seems like a perfectly dwarven weapon.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 07:36:31 pm »

Er three, O.K. the guy just made a grammar error, we've already told him enough, don't turn it into a discussion. Let him get back to modding.
Uh.
A grammar error doesn't say anything about it.
I counted four spelling errors (although one was a sadly-fairly-common waist/waste and another was the name of a fictional world) and, actually, no real grammar errors in the OP.  Keep in mind this is all in the first post.  I didn't count anywhere else.
Granted, there were plenty of hyphens where there shouldn't be, but they were in names, which means they can't be considered grammar errors.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 07:46:26 pm »

HE SAID TO DROP THE GRAMMAR ISSUE >:( >:(
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: [1] 2 3 4