Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Animal Tokens 2.0  (Read 1742 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Tokens 2.0
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 07:16:37 pm »

I fully support the support of a hunters organ for zapping prey.

Then we just need to add dartfi-

Oh god, what have I done? I have suggested an electric carp!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 07:27:11 pm »

« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 07:30:26 pm by Foa »

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 07:36:38 pm »

Isn't there already one?

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=26743.0

Remove this: http://index.php?topic=26743.0 from the link, and it will work.  :)
Either way yeah, there is a topic already, but Warlord has made a new, revamped topic.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 08:53:20 pm »

The creature produces Milk without needing to be pregnant

Nothing does this you know. The milk you drink is the result of forcibly impregnated cows having their children stolen before they can bond with their young. Milk cattle must breed at certain interwalls

Some extra attacks
-Puking: Projectile Vomit
-Acid Sprey: Spits acid
-Water Sprey: Spits a stream of water
-Web Spit: Spits acid
-Hot Water Sprey: Spits a stream of boiling water
-Rake: If the creature grapples you they are capable of rending you with their hind legs (This is a cat's main attack)
-Crawl Attack: designate an attack as only possible while the creature is crawling, crouching, or basically on its side (Cats do this)
-Electric Shock: ZAP!!!
-Lunge: The creature can lunge several spaces in a turn to attack the opponent
-Stun attack (Sonic): The creature can screech or roar to stun a creature. (Not out of fear)
-Maw: The creature's attack Crushes the enemy AND tears them up

Giant Mole Dog, use Horn Drill! Some of those are blatantly out of place in the game. Sure a venom spit works but boiling water? What kind of a creature would have that? And what kind of a creature would vomit to attack? It'd be really counterproductive to need to eat to be able to hunt. Or is it some kind of vomit elemental?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 08:54:56 pm by Pilsu »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 08:54:23 pm »

Giant Mole Dog, use Horn Drill! Some of those are blatantly out of place in the game. Sure a venom spit works but boiling water? What kind of a creature would have that? And what kind of a creature would vomit to attack? It'd be really counterproductive to need to eat to be able to hunt

ALL the attacks I put are ones REAL creatures use in REAL life

There is a insect in a forrest who using chemicals and a chain reaction heats water to the point where it spreys a stream of scolding water.

Also Baby Eagle Chicks can projectile Vomit

I probably should have including a few more

-Disease Bite: The creature can spread diseases to enemies with its bite
-Infect Bite: Specifically gives creatures an infection with its bite (Kinda goes with Disease... except Infection isn't all that contageous)
-Painless attack: The creature's attack causes no pain, if part of a successful sneak attack it keeps the creature unaware of the attack
-Death Latch: The creature is capable of latching/Grappling without losing grip even during unconsciousness or death
-Stunned Attack: Marks an attack as one that stuns the creature using the attack
--Stunning Burst of Speed: The creature receives a burst of speed but becomes stunned in the process
-Pheramone Sprey: The creature affects other creatures by a release of pheramones.
-Sonic Dispersion: The creature can cause its location to become difficult to locate for creatures with powerful hearing (Ecolocation)
-Gift Attack: The creature presents a gift to specific creatures that renders it entirely under its control

ALL still real things real creatures do in real life.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 09:03:08 pm by Neonivek »

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2008, 08:59:26 pm »

We're talking about adult sized creatures, not shrimp using sonic weapons in water on a tiny scale or desperate children trying a last resort attack

Diseases aren't an attack. They're a separate feature altogether, planned for later

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 09:07:24 pm »

We're talking about adult sized creatures, not shrimp using sonic weapons in water on a tiny scale or desperate children trying a last resort attack

Diseases aren't an attack. They're a separate feature altogether, planned for later

Dolphines use sonic vibrations to confuse sharks...

Komodo Dragons produce a Bateria filled maw that will almost assuringly kill any creature it bites.

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 02:24:36 am »

[FragBuild:[How many per construction]] - As it says, it defines how many of said creature is needed to make a construction, you are being invaded by antpersons, they built a construction to get to your ventilation.

[Queen:[TargetAnimal]:[Amount]:[Clutch]:[TimeUnit]] - It makes the animal into a female queen, it gives birth to [TargetAnimal], and gives birth to [Amount] of clutches ( amount is determined by [Clutch] ) per [TimeUnit].

[QueenOther:[TargetAnimal]:[MaxAmount]:[Clutch]:[Chance]:[TimeUnit]] - This says if there is other types of Queen Spawn, and their chance, and clutch size, the [MaxAmount] defines it's maximum amount of clutches per [TimeUnit].

[GroundSerpent:[JumpPerZ]:[MaxDigDepth]:[DestroyGround]] - They act like Death Worm, [JumpPerZ] means how high they jump per how deep they dig, then ascend, and [MaxDigDepth] is selfexplanatory, [DestroyGround] 1 = yes, 0 =No.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 03:13:05 am by Foa »

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 09:31:58 am »

I don't like the queen tags, rather, I do, but think that polymorphism should cover the whole range of things.

ALL the attacks I put are ones REAL creatures use in REAL life

I empathize with you.  Had the same issue over in the mechanics thread.  Funny how people will argue with you even after you provide examples (or else just ignore that particular point in the future)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 12:24:52 pm »

Komodo Dragons produce a Bateria filled maw that will almost assuringly kill any creature it bites.

Actually no.  Komodo dragons are a walking bacteria factory because they eat rotten meat and it gets stuck in their teeth, they happen to be immune to the diseases (there are roughly a dozen different species of bacteria living in their saliva) and it turned into an effective weapon:

You're a scavenger, that deer pissed you off, but you got in one bite before it ran off.  It'll die, it'll start to stink: follow your nose.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 12:27:12 pm »

To be fair he didn't say how they produce it.
Pages: 1 [2]