Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Decoding obscure tokens  (Read 2472 times)

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Decoding obscure tokens
« on: November 19, 2008, 09:23:33 pm »

Does RACEGLOSS work with types other than wood (i.e. has anyone made a USE_RACEGLOSS:METAL Colossus?)

What are the tokens for BLOOD_NONSPECIFIC? Is it the same as for BLOODTYPE?

Do VOMIT, MUD, UNKNOWN_SUBSTANCE have subtypes?

What are FILTH_B, FILTH_Y, GRIME? What is SALT?

What can you tell me about pearl, horn, and coral? What is AMBER? Does it use plant or tree subtypes, or no subtypes at all? (and does it work? I've heard tales of ice-cold boiling horn)

Is it possible to make "X laced with Y" objects?

What kind of item is vomit? I've heard of vomit smelters.

What kind of item is soil that you can throw in adventure mode?

What kind of item are quarry bush leaves?

Has anyone tried to make bone meal? Maybe POWDER_MISC:NONE:CREATURE:[creature]?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 09:31:01 pm by Random832 »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Decoding obscure tokens
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 09:43:40 pm »

BLOOD_NONSPECIFIC might not have any sub-materials.  It IS nonspecific, after all.  I think it's the material used for "blood spatter."

Filth is found lying around in HFS.  I think B and Y stand for "brown" and "yellow," you can probably guess the rest yourself.  I think I might have seen salt in HFS too, but not sure.

I think the only way of doing this is via dyeing/decorations, which you can't do at a smelter.

Best guess is LIQUID_MISC, but my vomit smelters didn't make it directly.  I was trying to make vomit flutes and I got puddles of vomit instead.

Probably ROCK (not the same as STONE).

PLANT:NO_SUBTYPE:BUSH_QUARRY:NO_MATGLOSS, I think.

No, that CREATURE thing won't work out.  I would try POWDER_MISC:NO_SUBTYPE:BONE:[creature]

Also, this page you made is a little strange.  There are already separate pages for weapon tags, armor tags, etc. http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Item_definition_tokens

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 09:52:07 pm »

I'll answer the questions I know.

Does RACEGLOSS work with types other than wood (i.e. has anyone made a USE_RACEGLOSS:METAL Colossus?)

Metal almost certainly works. There's a well-known mod out there somewhere with golems that use stone; keep in mind that gems are a type of stone, though.

Do VOMIT, MUD, UNKNOWN_SUBSTANCE have subtypes?

I strongly doubt it.

Filth and grime are "contaminants," like vomit, blood, and mud. I have no idea where they come from. Not sure what salt is, might have something to do with saltwater though. Might also be a contaminant.

What can you tell me about pearl, horn, and coral? What is AMBER? Does it use plant or tree subtypes, or no subtypes at all? (and does it work? I've heard tales of ice-cold boiling horn)

Pearl, Horn, Coral, Amber, and Ivory are materials that are not implemented yet. At all. Even the names don't show up (Nobles that demand "item in room" are asking for these things). Don't use them, unless you want that ice-cold boiling effect. I highly doubt they have subtypes.

You mean, from an itemcorpse or reaction? No.

A "contaminant," meaning it can cover walls, floors, and such (like those blood smears on the walls of your barracks). Smelting it will (I think) create a puddle on the ground that a dwarf will come by and clean up; either that or it will stay in the smelter until you dismantle it, THEN a dwarf will come by and clean it up.

Judging from the wiki, I'm guessing the item type is ROCK (not the same as item type STONE; ROCK is pebbles and soil you find on the ground, STONE is what your miners produce), and the material type is STONE (a broad category that covers soils, stones, and gems). A sample item token would be ROCK:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:CLAY or something similar (don't expect your smelter to do much with this).

Item type LEAVES. I've seen leaves taken out of bags and kept in the food stockpile, so I'm fairy certain you can smelt them. Try LEAVES:NO_SUBTYPE:BUSH_QUARRY:NO_MATGLOSS.

Not sure about that one. Wouldn't be much point in it, as powders must be stored in containers, and you can't smelt things in containers (well, you can, but it would "spill" upon creation and be treated the same way I mentioned in the answer regarding vomit).
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 09:55:12 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 09:54:46 pm »

Oh yeah, forgot to mention what I know about pearl: it does work, in that it doesn't flash-freeze the furnace operator, and it's not species-specific.

e: huh, I didn't know there was a LEAVES token, I thought all plants just produced PLANT.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 09:57:26 pm by Footkerchief »

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 09:56:29 pm »

BLOOD_NONSPECIFIC might not have any sub-materials.  It IS nonspecific, after all.  I think it's the material used for "blood spatter."

The exe contains a string "No Appropriate Nonspecific Blood Types in Token:" - and what if you want an "ichor spatter"? Has anyone tried?

PLANT:NO_SUBTYPE:BUSH_QUARRY:NO_MATGLOSS, I think.

I think that's the plant itself; I mean the product after threshing.

No, that CREATURE thing won't work out.  I would try POWDER_MISC:NO_SUBTYPE:BONE:[creature]

Also, this page you made is a little strange.  There are already separate pages for weapon tags, armor tags, etc. http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Item_definition_tokens

Is there? Someone was complaining about it on the item tokens talk page. I'll make it a disambiguation - EDIT: I don't see it, where are these separate pages?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 10:02:37 pm by Random832 »

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 10:00:16 pm »

A "contaminant," meaning it can cover walls, floors, and such (like those blood smears on the walls of your barracks). Smelting it will (I think) create a puddle on the ground that a dwarf will come by and clean up; either that or it will stay in the smelter until you dismantle it, THEN a dwarf will come by and clean it up.

Right, but what's the item token, if I want, say, a creature to ITEMCORPSE into a puddle of vomit?

hmm... can I have a RACEGLOSS:CREATURE and have a creature itemcorpse into a puddle of specific blood?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 10:15:16 pm »

Right, but what's the item token, if I want, say, a creature to ITEMCORPSE into a puddle of vomit?

hmm... can I have a RACEGLOSS:CREATURE and have a creature itemcorpse into a puddle of specific blood?

As I said, try LIQUID_MISC for the vomit.  Or if you don't mind taking a shortcut, an itemcorpse vomit flute will immediately turn into a puddle.

Specific blood itemcorpse is probably possible.  I would try LIQUID_MISC:NO_SUBTYPE:BLOOD:<creature>

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 10:29:30 pm »

Specific blood itemcorpse is probably possible.  I would try LIQUID_MISC:NO_SUBTYPE:BLOOD:<creature>

It'd be BLOOD_SPECIFIC.

And, right - my question was whether I could do e.g. LIQUID_MISC:NO_SUBTYPE:BLOOD_SPECIFIC:USE_RACEGLOSS and have a RACEGLOSS:CREATURE or maybe RACEGLOSS:BLOOD_SPECIFIC, or does racegloss only work for specific things like wood, stone/metal/maybe, etc
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 10:35:33 pm by Random832 »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 10:40:37 pm »

Racegloss is just a creature tag.  It's not part of reaction/itemcorpse syntax, and it only takes materials as a parameter.

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 10:51:41 pm »

Racegloss is just a creature tag.  It's not part of reaction/itemcorpse syntax, and it only takes materials as a parameter.

Actually, it is part of itemcorpse syntax. Check out Wagons and Treants. What I was wondering was if I could have a creature that decomposes into "random other creature blood" the same way that a caravan wagon or treant decomposes into "random tree log"
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 10:53:56 pm by Random832 »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 11:06:02 pm »

Actually, it is part of itemcorpse syntax. Check out Wagons and Treants. What I was wondering was if I could have a creature that decomposes into "random other creature blood" the same way that a caravan wagon or treant decomposes into "random tree log"

Oh, I'm wrong again.  Hmm... yeah, if you used HAS_RACEGLOSS:BLOOD_SPECIFIC, that might work, as long as Toady made it so you could use any material with matglosses as a racegloss.  That's kind of badass actually.  The donkey blood clot lunges at you!  You could do bone golems, too.  Or raceglossed leather daddies.  Or soap golems.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 11:13:51 pm by Footkerchief »

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 05:55:39 pm »

I know I'm a little late noticing this one, but I was searching for tag info and...
That's kind of badass actually.  The donkey blood clot lunges at you!  You could do bone golems, too.  Or raceglossed leather daddies.  Or soap golems.

SOAP GOLEMS!? this MUST happen! Can you imagine it? Dwarves running everywhich way screaming  in terror: "The Soap! The Soap! It's coming for us!"
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]