Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: The ages of death,bloodybrain the awe-inspiring brain, a Succession game  (Read 7513 times)

Mook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The ages of death,bloodybrain the awe-inspiring brain, a Succession game
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2008, 06:46:09 pm »

I have the save.  I'll try to finish up my turn this weekend.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2008, 07:26:22 pm »

HOPE THIS ONE WORKS. ONE TIMES CHANCE, TWICES IS UNLUCKY, BUT THREE TIMES? THREE TIMES IS TOTALLY CURSED WITH AN EXTRA HELPING OF BAD JUJU.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Viprince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2008, 11:01:00 pm »

This looks like fun sign me up if your still taking applications!

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2008, 11:07:18 pm »

as long as you don't mind the wait and don't mind the fact that every year of its existance the whole place gets a remaking into an even more confucing mess there is probably not a problem though sence im not the one in charge who knows
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Mook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2008, 03:07:55 am »

I've had to prioritize silver weaponry, as Momuz and Sibrek have single-handedly killed or crippled half of the other soldiers and guards using the artifact spear and the new artifact mace.  Momuz is now a legendary speardwarf, but I finally just had to take the spear away from him and give him a silver short sword.  He also has a title now.

Armor is also a big issue, as most of the soldiers are wearing copper or leather.  I hope the dwarven caravan brings a lot this year.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 03:10:12 am by Mook »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2008, 03:43:59 am »

teehee dwarfs don't drop artifacts till they die

Mook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2008, 04:18:56 am »

teehee dwarfs don't drop artifacts till they die

Yeah, I had some trouble getting Momuz to drop the damned spear.  He finally lodged it in a goblin and was too lazy to retrieve it, so I switched him.  I can't get Sibrek to drop the artifact mace, though, so I just gave up since blunt weaponry might not kill as many other soldiers as that cursed spear.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2008, 04:54:01 am »

just have him train in another weapon group.

Balor Kartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2008, 10:26:06 am »

Thats weird. I had the spear for 3 seasons and didnt have a single military injury due to the spear that whole time.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2008, 11:18:02 am »

WaS aNyOnE uSiNg It?

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2008, 03:35:31 pm »

I've never had a dwarf hold onto an artifact after making it, they just leave it in the workshop and it gets moved to a stockpile.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

Mook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2008, 03:41:43 pm »

It's really only the fortress guard which ends up injured.  Most of the champions already had nervous system damage when I started, so only 4 of them would spar.  Two guards out of the 6 who didn't already have broken arms/were invalids have suffocated or otherwise died since I started, and one champion has a mangled arm.  So basically Momuz, Sibrek, and one other dwarf have proved themselves in a spartan society, and I'm planning to build them a shared tomb.

I don't know what the deal is with the mace.  I've tried putting Sibrek on duty and switching him to a different weapon group, and forbidding the mace, but he refuses to let go of it.  I need to check his profile to see if he has a personality quirk "likes maces."  Either way, even a bone artifact weapon isn't as deadly as one made from actual metals, and although he may be the one responsible for some of the broken limbs, he's less likely to cause fatal injuries.

I just finished the previous year and spring, so I should have the rest finished by tomorrow.

Balor Kartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2008, 11:03:10 pm »

So the spear was causing the fortress guard to have spinal injuries and other damage meaning they are less able to hurt people due to noble mandates, whats the downside  :)

Mook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2008, 11:37:39 pm »

I just finished autumn.  No sieges or anything so far, but I may have a problem due to the fact that the Mayor (Balor) and the Tax Collector are asking for crystal glass and adamantine items, respectively.  The Baroness and Baron Consort haven't mandated anything more difficult than quivers, though.  I'm saving often in case this results in a useful dwarf being beaten to death, just so that I can kill the Tax Collector beforehand.

The mayor only jailed someone last time, so I'm hoping he doesn't go any further than that.

Flyingdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2008, 06:43:23 am »

I've never had a dwarf hold onto an artifact after making it, they just leave it in the workshop and it gets moved to a stockpile.

i think they dont hold them in the recent updates,and i will be gone for the day so i wont be able to reply to anything,bye.
I held my temper in check for some time... a difficult thing to do with hundreds of sharp, pointy bits of metal ricocheting off of you. Frankly, however, targeting my genitalia was the last straw."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7