Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: The ages of death,bloodybrain the awe-inspiring brain, a Succession game  (Read 7743 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: The ages of death,bloodybrain the awe-inspiring brain, a Succession game
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2008, 12:52:14 pm »

they no longer hold them but if its a weapon that they wield then they will keep it.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Mook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2008, 08:12:53 pm »

Finished my turn.  No major incidents this year, and only one death due to the Tax Collector.  The only siege was massacred, and we can now easily generate enough goods to buy out every caravan.  I did some work on our armor situation, but we're still a long way from having a properly outfitted military.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So yeah, we're out of fuel, but I've calculated all of our armor needs and placed the proper orders.  If the spam regarding lack of coal becomes too much, you can always just suspend the jobs in the workshops.  The last of the goblin junk is still being picked up, but I think we have more than enough trade goods to buy out all of the caravans this year.  Most of the champions who aren't crippled are legendary in several different weapons, and there have been no further sparring accidents since I switched them to silver weapons.  A few guards are slowly healing, and they'll need to be switched off of steel axes once they're back on their feet.

Also, the fact that the Baron Consort has banned the export of bracelets may be a problem, as some of our trade goods are bracelets.  Might want to be careful with that, as if you export to many he may go berserk and end up killing a lot of useful dwarves directly or indirectly.

Also, sign me up for another turn, please.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 10:30:32 pm by Mook »

Flyingdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2008, 07:23:22 am »

okay i just got back and im going to take a little siesta so ill download the save and add mook for another turn,like he wanted,and maybe finish the turn in a day,if im lucky.
I held my temper in check for some time... a difficult thing to do with hundreds of sharp, pointy bits of metal ricocheting off of you. Frankly, however, targeting my genitalia was the last straw."

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2008, 09:29:45 am »

This sounds like fun... does it matter if you aren't too good at the game? if not, i want to take a whack at it  ;D

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Flyingdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2008, 01:12:24 pm »

okay Barbarossa i added you and im almost done with spring,it will be a while before i get it done though,with only 10 to 20 fps,at a good time.
I held my temper in check for some time... a difficult thing to do with hundreds of sharp, pointy bits of metal ricocheting off of you. Frankly, however, targeting my genitalia was the last straw."

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2008, 06:33:52 pm »

aLmOsT mY tImE hAs AlMoSt CoMe OnCe AgAiN1!1!1!
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Flyingdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2008, 07:24:43 pm »

not for a couple days at this rate :D

*edit*okay its official my life sucks,thunderstorms have knocked out my pc and i am using my old one,which is so old it has windows 95,so im going to skip my turn,and go to the next person,i will try and update the list as often as i can,but i dont know when i can get a new pc.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 10:50:00 am by Flyingdwarf »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2008, 12:42:34 pm »

looks like its my turn again. so the save i should be getting is Mooks right? just need to get home from school and i will get started.

grabbing it now. probably wont start tonight but definitly be done by monday unless the gods will against it(like they seem to be doing to everyone else).
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 09:41:31 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

Flyingdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2008, 09:04:03 am »

man i should pay attention to the posts more often,that Viprince guy,i almost missed him.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2008, 12:52:10 pm »

ouch, that's worse than my computer not being able to run this save.

but i had found windows 95 ran pretty fast for me...

when it was new.

but in all fairness, i managed to see the fortress before my computer shut off and lit a cigarett. pretty @#$! complicated. not one you'd find me managing to run without stress.

but, losing IS fun...
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2008, 08:38:18 pm »

hehe, i may have to redo my turn a few times... or have the next guy revert to a previous save. a good dwarfking i am not.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Viprince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2008, 09:00:06 pm »

man i should pay attention to the posts more often,that Viprince guy,i almost missed him.

Its alright mate If i had paid more attention myself should of sent you a PM or something of the sort to comfirm further. No harm done anywho :)

Balor Kartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2008, 01:25:51 pm »

So how is the Fortress going Akhier

Flyingdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2008, 02:48:13 pm »

he probably wont post how its going till he gets done,builds suspense an all that jazz.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2008, 06:44:07 pm »

that or frustration from going from 30 or so fps down to 5 or under then having the power go out when saving thus currupting the save. this is all followed up by loading my backup from my thumbdrive and starting over only to find that hey the fps took another hit and pausing and holding . is actually faster. i am sorry to say but until my computer gets a few fixes done i will not be able to do it. skip me because this will not resovle within a reasonable time frame! i only get on the internet by the grace of the fact we use the computer im on only for this so it was off. at a later date i may want another try but hey thats life.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7