Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: The ages of death,bloodybrain the awe-inspiring brain, a Succession game  (Read 7745 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: The ages of death,bloodybrain the awe-inspiring brain, a Succession game
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2008, 12:57:56 pm »

no just high, but don't let your parents catch you after all for some reason being high is bad.(i think it has to do with falling, breaking legs, and running while crying towards them) ::)
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Flyingdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2008, 09:40:11 pm »

i dont know,i guess we can take a vote on if we can but i dont think it should be needed for this,i dont think we had a siege yet,though i could be wrong.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 09:43:44 pm by Flyingdwarf »
I held my temper in check for some time... a difficult thing to do with hundreds of sharp, pointy bits of metal ricocheting off of you. Frankly, however, targeting my genitalia was the last straw."

Balor Kartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2008, 12:35:14 pm »

Sorry about the delay, Kinda had to deal with a few events and some new planning during my turn, and some unexpected IRL events took over for the day, I'm almost done with the turn and will update soon

actually i've found (and later looked on the wiki) the weapon quality increases your skill with a weapon in addition to boosting the damage, so giving a higher quality weapon will reduce injuries because your less likely to strike at full strenght just due to lack of skill

The military is strong enought that if you stay within the walls of the fortress and let any marksgoblins come to you, they will be slaugtered so dieing isnt to much of an issue. If you dont screw with food planters/brewers/cooks and the hauler labled Food hauler your food problems will be self taken care of. Anything else is up to you so it should be pretty hard to actually destroy this fortress aside from a tantrum spiral.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 04:22:26 pm by Balor Kartain »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2008, 09:53:05 pm »

aw now you did it!!! dont you know this is when fortress destroying things happen. exactly when someone says there is almost no way to destroy the fort, cry for our fort for doom has come :'(
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Flyingdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2008, 10:45:21 pm »

shit i thought you were done.....i guess i have to read them from now on huh?

okay i made a mistake,i thought balors turn was over and i moved flabort back and put yaddy on,but since i didnt read balors first post i didnt know he didnt post al of it,so therefore im correcting myself and moving flabort back up.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 10:49:39 pm by Flyingdwarf »
I held my temper in check for some time... a difficult thing to do with hundreds of sharp, pointy bits of metal ricocheting off of you. Frankly, however, targeting my genitalia was the last straw."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2008, 11:01:18 am »

okay, i'm at school at this minute, but i'll pick up the save when i get home today. no problem.

so, as i understand it, we have:
Atul Nozush, "The Ford Of Vegetation", a Iron Spear
a birch blow gun (name not provided to me yet)
Od Zakgol, "The Limb of Spite", a microcline toy boat.
Ishlumbiban, “NutsBalls”, a Quartzite bracelet

is that all the artifacts so far?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Balor Kartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2008, 12:43:53 pm »

I believe there are a few others, Just hit l (little L) when your in the game to see all the pointless floodgates.)

Mook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2008, 03:01:44 pm »

The blowgun is totally useless since no race in the game can use them, and there's no ammo.  We could install the artifact floodgates or other useless buildable artifacts in the dining hall to increase its status.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2008, 05:02:06 pm »

they also let you squeeze a noble into smaller accomdations until their big room is complete.

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2008, 05:10:49 pm »

Adasar the Quartzite hatch cover is already installed in the dining room.

Edit: Wow, I really like what was done with the outer defense area.

Edit again: Would it hurt to make clothes for everybody?  Having all the dwarves running around in nothing but vomit is a bit disturbing.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 06:43:34 pm by Skid »
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2008, 05:26:47 pm »

also i would like to state i would be glad to have another turn.

probably should have bolded it or something but you know what? [!!restate!!]I would like another turn[/!!restate!!]

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2008, 09:22:53 pm »

ok, got home, got the save, i'll just start now.

... after the 2 minute download time.

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOO!!!! it crashes my game! it's still completly vanilla, and it crashes my game!

*Resumes composure* looks like you'll have to skip me... infinite times.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 11:07:53 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Flyingdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2008, 12:05:58 am »

sorry Akhier but i didnt see it ill put you up for another right away.

since you are having problems ill just do as you say and remove/skip you.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 12:18:34 pm by Flyingdwarf »

Balor Kartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2008, 02:05:04 pm »

Actually, I believe there are a few hundred bins full of leather clothing, pig tail clothing, and spider silk clothing, its just, dwarves are stupid. I had a dedicated cloth maker and such set to repeatidly make all of the civilian type of clothing. Once again dwarves are stupid and prefer clothing made of vomit over clothing made of clothes

Mook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2008, 07:30:37 pm »

I always run into the same problem with clothing production.  The clothes that a dwarf is wearing basically have to rot before they grab new ones.  I'm not sure if the economy affects this, but I also noticed certain dwarves seem to just collect clothing that they never wear, and dump it in their bedrooms once their cabinet is full.

I always make sure to forbid at least one bin of cloth, silk, and leather, though.  Moods suddenly requiring it just after you've used the last scrap are incredibly irritating.  Especially for hard-to-come-by stuff like silk.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7