Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: The ages of death,bloodybrain the awe-inspiring brain, a Succession game  (Read 7744 times)

Mook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The ages of death,bloodybrain the awe-inspiring brain, a Succession game
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2008, 08:01:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd like to sign up for another turn.  The only deaths were a few soldiers, a peasant, and the berserker.  The new area is located underneath the courtyard, mostly on the second and third levels, although the living area expands downward about 7 levels.  Most of the rest of the work I didn't finish will be auto-finished given about a week of game time, but the last tile of the barracks wall still needs to be unsuspended after the last cage trap is built.

Also, are we supposed to have goblin attacks?  I have invasions turned on but I didn't see anything more dangerous than a kobold all year.  Good thing, though, since it would have delayed my constructions.

Economy and sieges should be incoming within the next turn or so.  The defensive wall and/or military may need to be improved since I didn't even draft anyone during my year.  i restarted mining on the lower levels at the end of my turn, and turned on farming for them to try and have some plots finished before the end of my turn.  The trade depot is still overflowing with stuff, hence the need for haulers.  The microcline lever in the mayor's office controls the bridge at the front gate.

Edit:  Right, screw the pictures, then.  Trial and error with photobucket is a pain.  The highlight is that a rhesus macaque became enraged while being crushed by Momuz, and the bowyer with the fey mood created a blowgun.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 04:56:35 am by Mook »

Flyingdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2008, 11:16:34 pm »

nice job on the story and also whos the mayor now,im sure it should have changed by now.

I've added you for another turn,like you wanted.

BTW I'll give balor two days to respond,ill make it a rule that you have two days to respond and if you dont then I'll skip you.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 11:19:39 pm by Flyingdwarf »
I held my temper in check for some time... a difficult thing to do with hundreds of sharp, pointy bits of metal ricocheting off of you. Frankly, however, targeting my genitalia was the last straw."

Balor Kartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2008, 12:37:49 am »

Alright, I have It downloaded and will be starting my turn. I have this upcoming monday off so hopefully *crosses fingers* i should be able to spend some time on the fortress.

Flyingdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2008, 01:41:03 am »

okay balor,also i will keep pushing flabort's turn back until he says he can play again.
I held my temper in check for some time... a difficult thing to do with hundreds of sharp, pointy bits of metal ricocheting off of you. Frankly, however, targeting my genitalia was the last straw."

Mook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2008, 03:25:49 am »

Cerol Anamerith is the new mayor.  The previous mayor was Tekkud somethingorother, an Armorer.  He still had the mayor's quarters, so Cerol was sort of pissed at having a crappy room until I noticed he was recently elected.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2008, 03:08:50 pm »

looks like you did a real nice job. by the way mook did you reinstate the mining on the bottom floor or what? also i would like to state i would be glad to have another turn. also the siege happens at a pop of 80 so if you got no immagrants then you would not be sieged.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Mook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2008, 03:13:16 pm »

I restarted the mining in the depths on the last day of my turn, so it should be active for the next person. 

I was honestly worried that I would get a siege or economy before the end of my turn, since that would have ruined my building plans, but I just received the one wave of migrants, and most of the injured apparently died throughout the year.  We still have a guard and a wrestler bedridden, though.  I didn't check to see if they were able to recovery, but it might be a good idea to finish them off if they're permanently comatose.  I didn't clean up the depot before the end of my turn, but if any of the food rots it's not like we really needed it.  Our food and booze stores are huge.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2008, 08:08:36 pm »

yah the food was a big thing during my turn. my problem was booze. i would make a lot but that would deplete the plump helmut and stuff so it went in cycles of to much food and to much booze so i kinda went over board with the food and stuff to just be done with it. you probalby had the same problem i had with the people. on my turn they died before immagration so it stayed below 80 because having dwarfs die make immagrations smaller or some such thing. i had the catapults set up so that should a siege come there would be instant responce and no waiting. just pull a lever to close yourself in and then blast away at them because no place was out of reach on this small map. with catapults you can always reach out and touch someone!
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Balor Kartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2008, 01:27:51 pm »

Here is an update so far on my turn.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Basically I havent done a whole lot besides reorganize the way everything in the fortress works. Having a new legendary weaponsmith will come in handy as well. One of the champion wrestlers got assigned to train with the artifact spear. The food production should be consistant and well working with only 5 or so dwarves that are currently assigned to it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 01:30:58 pm by Balor Kartain »

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2008, 01:52:50 pm »

Anybody want to take bets on the number of dead recruits that will be showing up in the next few years?
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2008, 06:16:37 pm »

they just need to rest, after all having a hole through your brain and heart tends to wear on you.

Mook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2008, 07:13:21 pm »

It's awesome that he actually built a weapon out of decent materials.  I hate ending up with bone or copper weapons, artifact or not.  Especially when there is perfectly good metal lying around.  And he wasn't possessed!  Now if only an armorer could have a similar mood.

I actually forgot to decommission the old farm plots before my turn ended, which would explain the marathon planters.

Good job on finally developing a caste system.  Hopefully that will keep the depot clear for future trade-buyouts.  Did the economy start yet?

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2008, 07:16:15 pm »

atleast he got a weapon in general. my forts all seem to be doomed with children ala moody. honestly i have enough legendary crafters already!!!

Flyingdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2008, 09:53:17 pm »

balor does that mean im now in the military?

i also updated the list,as flabort didn't say he would take his turn i pushed him back,again,so its now yaddy1's turn,i will send a message soon.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2008, 11:47:46 am »

well, i'm no longer grounded. (does this mean i'm airboarn?) anyways, once yaddy's done, i'll take my turn. if anything causes me to lose, do i just restart my turn with a fresh download of the same save? sorry for asking, i'm just nervous.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7