Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: evil place not so evil  (Read 1984 times)

Ashery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: evil place not so evil
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 08:36:34 pm »

If you really want evil go for grey and brown evil areas, not purple. Purple is evil goblin style, while grey and brown is evil undead style.

I don't think this is true. There's just various colors for evil biomes on the world map.

Jude is right, the colors just reflect different biome types.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 08:41:09 pm »

You sure? Typically when I embark on the brown and red evil areas its undead and the purple tends to be more goblin and harpy type mobs.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 08:43:48 pm »

i have to agree, purple got me harpies and gnomes, other colors got me hordes of undead

Ashery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 09:21:33 pm »

Going straight from memory, purple corresponds to evil mountain and forest areas (possibly all biomes with trees). Brown/red is ocean and some others...

Current fort has fourteen tiles on purple mountains, two on purple forests, and tons of undead (With a couple harpies). I should lure all the undead in the underground river out so I can get my bone industry up and running :P

http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Map_legend

There we go.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 09:27:55 pm »

i have to agree, purple got me harpies and gnomes, other colors got me hordes of undead

That's just because, as he said, purple corresponds to some types of environments and brown to others. The environments that happen to be purple may tend to have more of certain kinds of creatures than ones that are brown, but the color is not an indicator of that...and "purple" biomes are very diverse, from freezing mountains to swamps and jungles and glaciers.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2008, 09:52:18 pm »

yeh, i realized that from the last guys post

Manchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 05:05:05 am »

so...wait.....then what is the difference between the light blue ocean and the dark blue ocean.....the ocean doesnt have a good/evil thing going in the biome key that Ashery posted.....i have two oceans on my map....one is a bright blue, like good, and the other is a dark blue....which is listed in the key....
There are two types of Christians:
Those that believe in God,

And those that suffer from retardation.
Pages: 1 [2]