Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Waspurn - Community Fortress (Adopt a dwarf today!)  (Read 12029 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: Waspurn - Community Fortress (Adopt a dwarf today!)
« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2008, 08:47:09 pm »

Journal of The Soulless, 6th of Felsite, Year 25, Metropolis of Waspurn;
(The Original Journal)

The idiots! The fools! The Nobles! Surely the our moronic government couldn't be this idiotic! There are few fools as foolish as them!

*The journel is full of numbers and a few spatterings of blood. Obvious signs of age are about*

But enough of my ranting. What I might be trying to write about is that of the fact, that there sending a King here. Or I suppose, THE king! Why on earth would they risk our soul leader on a journey here, where we are constantly under siege? Another less noteworthy fact is that the King would likely request a grand chamber, and tomb, and such, when we should be focusing on our Military! I was a little against my beloved building that blasted Arena, where I shall be competeing when I am not defending the fortress from attacks!

My comrades are just as useless. They all grasp at the chance to compete. The only good thing out of this that will come, is that we can slay that blasted beast, and put down all those damn Greenskins.

What I fear, if anything, is that our foolish, foolish ruler, wont take kindly, to how we treat our champions. Even though I just can't care about it anymore, I refuse to let our grand Military to fall in favor of the whims of a petty Noble...wait...what am I saying! This is the king were talking about, not some duke, or baron! Or even a count.

*More roughed out writing*

-and besides the fact, we need to defend the king from these sieges. I will have to push for more recruits, and further training.

I know the perfect place. That blasted arena.

*There are burn marks scattered from here on out*

~~~~~
Is the Arena done yet? I kinda forgot whether or not it was finished.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 10:10:46 pm by WorkerDrone »

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
    • http://katewissen.blogspot.com/
« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2008, 10:25:09 pm »

26th of Malachite, Year 14, Metropolis Waspurn;

It's been a quiet couple of months. The goblin menace has yet to rear its ugly head again. Our military is growing, even if several of them are in the Royal and Fortress guard. We are training up the recruits using some pumps. We don't want another horrible sparring accident. So the new rule is that all recruits must have some attribute that stands out in order for them to qualify for military service.
Check out my current Community Fortress LostPages.

One day I hope to create the Monkey Torture Chamber of Doom!

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 25, 2008, 12:39:43 am »

21st of Limestone, Year 14, Metropolis Waspurn;

A tragedy befell us again when the dwarven caravan arrived, the clever goblins chose that moment to attack. Our military rushed to their aid, but alas the slow moving caravans were no match. The caravan guards had done a fair job in decimating them, but there were too many and they were soon overwhelmed. Our military arrived in time to save only a handful of them. In battle with the goblins Yougie lost the lower half of his left arm in battle. Luckily noone from Waspurn was killed in the battle, but it is still a tragic event.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 25, 2008, 12:45:04 am »

Well. Crap.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 25, 2008, 01:44:04 am »

So, I guess Yougie is forever bedridden.  :'(
No sense in giving food to the useless. Seal her bedroom door and forget, even build the coffin in her room, so she knows that she'll be taken care of.

Anyway, Name: Kadol, Hammerdwarf. Military

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 25, 2008, 01:48:03 am »

Ah well. It happens. People die. And then you order for another model. :D

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 25, 2008, 02:58:59 am »

You know, honestly I thought it would be one of the crossbowdwarves that charged in after they ran out of bolts. I am seriously considering putting some hammerdwarf lessons in the marksdwarf curriculum.

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 25, 2008, 03:12:15 am »

5th of Sandstone, Year 14;

It's clear that the military needs beefing up. With the loss of Yougie we need to be even more careful. Gaweir has taken to training in the arena against the goblins themselves. A few new dwarves are showing promise and could be ready for military duty within a month. If there is another winter siege, we will need these new recruits.

Edit - Video of Gawier http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-958-gawiertrain
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 03:20:30 am by Kate Wissen »

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 25, 2008, 12:40:25 pm »

13th of Moonstone, Year 14;

As expected the vile goblins are attacking us again. Our military recruits are not nearly ready enough. Even I was recruited into service for my skills. Alas I am still just a recruit, but hopefully all of us, together can fend off this horrible force.

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 25, 2008, 01:36:34 pm »

This marks an end to kate's journal, as dead dwarfs don't tell tales. But the updates will continue:

3 dwarves died in the winter siege, one was an unknown recruit, fresh off the boat who happened to be caught outside during the time of the siege. The first wave went well, noone was injured but the goblins. Gawier, while waiting for the second wave got bored and went to get something to eat. Kate unfortunately lagged behind and was the first to see the next wave of goblins. She then managed to kill 3 and wound one severely before being overwhelmed. The rest of the military ran to her aid but to no avail She died just as Shoruke arrived, the goblins then turned their full attention to Shoruke. So suddenly outnumbered, Shoruke soon fell as well. Soon after Vasili felt sleepy and decided best not to fall asleep on a battlefield.

At this point the Royal and Fortress guard came to the military's assistance. The Captain of the Guard personally slaughtered four of them before returning to the fortress. Rika, perhaps the most fearsome dwarf, ran headlong into the next wave of goblins. Before anyone could even reach her she had started on her 4th goblin of that group. All in all Rika managed to kill off ten goblins. Amon was also furiously charging the lines and managed to beat quite a few into bloody pulps, but left to get some food before the final wave. Last but not least one of the military's newest memeber Kadol managed to kill off 3 goblins easily.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 01:38:56 pm by Kate Wissen »

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 25, 2008, 01:52:36 pm »

Iden, a peasant romantically involved with Lyudmila was ordered beaten after he started a fist fight in the meeting hall. Our military trained dwarves showed no mercy as they beat him to death in his sleep.

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 25, 2008, 02:36:15 pm »

The more I look at it the more this could become a tantrum spiral. We have another beating setup, and 3 impossible mandates. But a few people are so jaded that they are not at all unhappy, so we may survive it.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 25, 2008, 02:42:22 pm »

Hehe is it Apple who is beating the mandate breakers? If so, how many kills does he have including the dwarven kills?

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 25, 2008, 03:28:47 pm »

Hahah you watch that Kadol, there's something about that name I've had luck with in DF.

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 25, 2008, 03:33:02 pm »

Kadol has already reached hammer lord. And apple you re not personally beating them, yet. You have the 4 goblins and a beak dog.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16