Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Waspurn - Community Fortress (Adopt a dwarf today!)  (Read 12037 times)

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
    • http://katewissen.blogspot.com/
Re: Waspurn - Community Fortress (Adopt a dwarf today!)
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2008, 04:05:23 pm »

10th of Felsite, Year 13, Town of Waspurn;

A sad occurance, due to a breach in security a goblin made away with a poor child. The child was parented by some immigrants from the last group. In brighter news another child decided to do some work. Although noone asked for it one of the children of Nana and Chaotic made a grand stone mug. Mark my words, that child is going places when he grow up. We have also beefed up the security around the place. A courtyard to trap as many goblins as possible is being erected and nearly finished. The cistern was a bust, no fishing could be done in the underwater pond. Instead we opted for a sealed fishing area above ground.

That brings us to today's news. We are now a barony. Today a baron arrived with a tax collector, a consort and a hammerer. Just when we thought we were safe, threats appear from within. I still remember the vicious beatings I witnessed back at the mountain homes. Let us hope that the tax collector is lenient with people, and the baron be reasonable. Also while we are at it, lets hope that this barren wasteland sprouts trees and becomes a forest, they are all equally likely.

Eep, ok here is our problem. Baron likes raw adamantine, tax collector likes pig iron, and the hammerer enjoys slaughter, as always. This will likely end... interestingly.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 04:30:08 pm by Kate Wissen »
Check out my current Community Fortress LostPages.

One day I hope to create the Monkey Torture Chamber of Doom!

Hawklaser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 23, 2008, 05:16:35 pm »

Ack... They don't look they will be friendly nobles... might have to fix that at some point.

Oh, if the sieges keep causing problems, don't forget to draft Amon as a hammerdwarf. After all he likes hitting things with a hammer, steel or goblin heads, it don't matter to him.

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2008, 05:29:04 pm »

We have a dragon, we have a baron. See my signature for where my thought process is going.

Hawklaser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 23, 2008, 05:47:25 pm »

I hope the dragon enjoys it's gift-wrapped snacks. Now if only a dragon would show up for me in my forts.

Oh, and a thought for helping out with the sieges, make a small tower for the marksdwarfs. I would go up at least 2 levels from the entrance. 1st level firing out over the entrance, 2nd level to cover the ledge around the back. And would station the marksdwarfs on ground level till the goblins got close as you wanted, then move to the 1st floor and rain down bolts of death, and when they break and flee, move up to the 2nd floor to pick off runners. Just have to be carefull with the timing of stationing the marksdwarfs so they don't break the siege too early and take out all the fun.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 23, 2008, 07:48:17 pm »

Since I don't really like the idea of a completely 'special' Dwarf, I think this is the last post I'll be making. Lucky for me, I have a back up Gaweir in various nonsense.

By the way, you can just dump Gaweir into a pit for all I care...

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2008, 08:38:08 pm »

2nd Galena, Year 13, City of Waspurn;

I've been replaced as the mayor, most people seem happy about it. The traps worked wonderfully durring the summer siege. We now hold 44 goblins, and 49 beakdogs, along with the dragon, of course. A few camels were let loose on accident inside the fort, causing confusion, to say the least. The military has been sent to take care of the problem.

The humans didn't come, one would assume due to the siege. The hammerer was wounded in defense of the fortress, funnily enough noone else was. Perhaps it was because he charged right in as opposed to waiting for everyone to be ready.

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 23, 2008, 10:15:40 pm »

WorkerDrone, I won't say that your character hasnt been in the post alot, but now that we have several other weapon-dwarfs that are skilled enough to face off with a horde on their own noone's too special. Not to mention the fact that being in the military now that the arena is nearly completed will shorten everyone's life expectancy. =)

Now I'm going to go ahead and ask the burning question:
Who wants to go up against what?
We have:
1 Dragon
1 Goblin Hammerman
1 Goblin Bowman
2 Goblin Spearman
3 Goblin Thief
3 Goblin Crossbowman
3 Goblin Swordsman
3 Goblin Pikeman
6 Goblin Maceman
6 Camels
23 Goblin Wrestlers
49 Beakdogs

Post what you want to go up against and how many. Bwahahahaha!

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2008, 10:19:30 pm »

Could you create a temporary maze of walls/bridges/fortifications?  Maybe all of them at the same time?  If so, I want a sniper battle - Lyudmila vs the crossbowgobs, in a maze where clever use of firing angles and cover wins the day, and she shoots people a lot.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2008, 10:29:31 pm »

I can set that up, but it'll take a bit of time. Ok the crossbowmen are taken. Anyone else. Oh a note: Amon has become a hammerdwarf, as work was low and he was not too happy about his economic status. Also we needed the help.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2008, 10:33:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 23, 2008, 10:35:40 pm »

"special" as in special in the head, brain injury, etc
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 23, 2008, 10:38:08 pm »

Oh, yeah, your brain injury was a headache. It went away. Apparently light grey wounds to brain heal up just fine.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 23, 2008, 10:42:00 pm »

Oh.

Yougiedeggs, the Destroyinator is back in action. Prepare to witness my superior kill counts!

Also, have the Dragon, against 10 or so goblins, no marksgobs though. Oh and name the Dragon Trogdor, with a custom title 'Burninator'.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 10:44:14 pm by WorkerDrone »

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 23, 2008, 10:52:07 pm »

We just got two caravans at the same time. The human caravan arrived while the dwarven one was in the depot... That's never happened to me before. Interesting.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 23, 2008, 10:57:57 pm »

I'd be bold enough to say thats never happened at all before. Your copy of DF scares me now.

Inaluct!!! I require Holy Water!

For the Arena:

If three or two other Champions of Waspern will take part, pit Gaweir against the Dragon. This might be the hardest battle besides faceing off against marksgoblins. If no one else wants to take part, because the fun of a dragon should be shared, pit him against all of the swordsgoblins(3) and perhaps 3 or 4 other wrestlers.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 11:33:25 pm by WorkerDrone »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16