Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Waspurn - Community Fortress (Adopt a dwarf today!)  (Read 12046 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: Waspurn - Community Fortress (Adopt a dwarf today!)
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2008, 02:00:39 pm »

You would be surprised Yougiedeggs. They say the more you hope for dwarven death, the more Armok thinks you don't deserve it. Don't end up like me and Neo! Theres no going back from...DUNDUNDUNNNNN!

Dwarf Immortality Syndrome!

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2008, 02:10:47 pm »

And it's time to inject another community dwarf!

Harald
Male
Jeweler

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
    • http://katewissen.blogspot.com/
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2008, 03:04:25 pm »

You would be surprised Yougiedeggs. They say the more you hope for dwarven death, the more Armok thinks you don't deserve it. Don't end up like me and Neo! Theres no going back from...DUNDUNDUNNNNN!

Dwarf Immortality Syndrome!

Indeed, be careful of DIS. http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=27060.0 You can be alive, but still wish for death.
Check out my current Community Fortress LostPages.

One day I hope to create the Monkey Torture Chamber of Doom!

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2008, 03:37:12 pm »

From the Journal of Kate Takegalley:
20th of Galena, Year 10, Hamlet Waspurn;

To everyone's surprise Gaweir woke up today! His arm still looked bad but he charged right on over to the Carpenter's workshop and started to work on... something. Noone can tell what it is he is doing. He's being peculiarly secretive... Neo was slightly upset when he found out that 3 pieces of wood had gone from the pile to make a single piece of furniture. But seemed to understand once he saw the look on Gaweir's face.

Another development, an insane dwarf named Yougie has gone out hunting the past few days with no weapons, whatsoever. It may just be camels for now, but if another scorpion should happen to arrive, I dare not think the horrible fate that awaits that poor fool.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2008, 03:53:52 pm »

DIS strikes again! *Evil Laugh* I think I should coin Dwarf Immortality Syndrome.

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2008, 04:10:18 pm »

25th of Galena, Year 10, Hamlet Waspurn;

... He made a barrel. A barrel! It shows some dwarf settling in to the fort, noone really knows who it is. Another image on the barrel shows another unknown dwarf. I don't recognize either of them,but then again I haven't met half the dwarves living here. After he was done he went right back to bed.

Military training has begun, many do not have their weapon of choice, but they are all getting ready to fight unarmed should the need arise.

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2008, 05:20:02 pm »

8th of Sandstone, Year 10, Hamlet Waspurn;

I feel so embarrased! I found out who one of the dwarves on the barrel is. It's Salvepulleys, the leader of the mountain homes! I realized this when I saw a cage, which detailed his ascention to leadership, come off of the caravan. We now have a few more weapons, including a wonderful new spear for Kyterra. The only problem now is how will she practice? Well Neo also solved that problem. All weapon training will occur in a small practice arena that will be set up to keep the fortress and the training dwarf reasonably safe. It's sparked the idea that a much larger arena should be constructed as well. That will have to wait for now, as Neo fears the rumor that the caravan brings of migrating nobility.

Nobility? Here? I certainly hope they are mistaken. But even if they are not, the fortress has agreed that it would be best to keep them separated from the general populace. Few here can tolerate the nobility's stuffy dispostion.

---------------------------------------------------

10th of Sandstone, Year 10, Hamlet Waspurn;

Another tragedy has struck as Kyterra was taken from us by yet another drawbridge accident. Neo has ordered the drawbridge be destroyed in favor of a safer one. We should have done this after the first accident. Hopefully Kyterra will forgive us.

Hawklaser: Sorry... Please choose another dwarf.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2008, 05:38:15 pm »

Did Kyterra even get a kill?

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2008, 05:45:27 pm »

A few camels, but thats all there have been to kill so far, the goblins have yet to make a raid and kobolds have only come during a caravan, the caravan guards were then sent after them. With the exception of our surprise scorpion our worst enemy has been a drawbridge.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2008, 05:50:11 pm »

Neo: Why didn't we think of it before!

Gaweir: Eh...

*They both look on as a even more dangerous rickety bridge is constructed, with several Dwarves hanging on for dear life as they go on with its construction.*

Gaweir: This shall not end well.

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2008, 06:08:37 pm »

Also sorry to say WorkerDrone, Arminger has become an elite wrestler, apparently he wrestled more than stabbed. Any other people who wish to become weapons experts rest assured I have learned from this error. And at the very least we know that Gaweir will not be eternally bedridden. =)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2008, 06:19:49 pm »

You do realise that even if a dwarf is has a combat skill better then others in Fortres Mode, you can still assign a weapon (In this case sword) to that dwarf, right?

Anyways, I'd rather hear more about Gaweir.

Hawklaser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2008, 07:52:31 pm »

Wonder why that drawbridge has been so lethal?

Anyways... How bout a male dwarf this time, which works at some kind of smithing when not needed as a hammerdwarf.

Use Amon for the name.

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2008, 08:03:04 pm »

16th of Sandstone, Year 11, Hamlet Waspurn;

So much to tell! In the past few days so much has happened. First off we heard of the arrival of the elves. We were hopeful for more wood. We would never have the chance to trade with them, for as soon as they hit the depot they were ambushed by goblins!

A scrambled sort of insanity perused. Our guard dog that was set to alert us to any kobolds entering was slayed. The military was alerted and set on point. Civilians were rushing all over the scene, attempting to claim the items that the elves had dropped.

Arminger was the first to arrive, he faced off against 3 goblins, but in the end only managed to injure one before one of the goblin swordsman ran him through. Yougie arrived just after the critical moment. Yougie managed to kill one and was in the process of killing the second when Lyudmilia arrived, took aim and shot down the third. It was at this time that Gaweir awoke! Fully healed he grabbed his sword, his armor and charged out into the ending frey. He then went on to charge after the remaining goblins. Who ran off, fearing the screaming, steel clad, sword wielding dwarf.

We got as lucky as we could have hoped for. This excitement almost makes you forget about the poor dwarf that was struck by a strange mood, but has not gone near any workshops. We have also breached a magma pipe and placed some workshops there, in case those were the ones he needed, but after building them he still has not budged. We fear for his sanity.

Ririka

• Bay Watcher
  • 1 out of 8000
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2008, 08:07:03 pm »

Could you name a female dwarf Rika?
Swordsdwarf or Speardwarf if possible.
I hope she won't die in a sparring accident...That happens a lot to me. 
Call me Rika.
'I often don't know where my Luggage is, that's what being a tourist is all about,'said Twoflower.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16