Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Waspurn - Community Fortress (Adopt a dwarf today!)  (Read 12034 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Waspurn - Community Fortress (Adopt a dwarf today!)
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2008, 08:26:18 pm »

I'm going to avoid saying "I hope my dwarf doesn't die in ________" or declaring anything interesting or ambitious as my goal. It already killed Hawklaser's dwarf.

Of course, by typing this, I have doomed myself.

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
    • http://katewissen.blogspot.com/
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2008, 09:20:33 pm »

Oh Inaluct....  :-\
--------------------------
12th of Slate, Year 11, Hamlet Waspurn;

The quick dig into the magma pipe has claimed its first victim, a poor armorer. Inaluct witnessed the horrible event and ran to inform Gaweir of the incident. Gaweir sprung into action, running after the creature. It retreated back into the magma, where it thought it was safe. It would never be safe. Gaweir plunged his sword into the magma, striking it down.

The blacksmith's sanity did not hold out and he has been sulking ever since. Noone can console the poor man. If only we would have had a workshop up before he became moody. But just as we have lost a few we have gained a ton more, as migrants have arrived yet again.

Apple is now the Captain of the Guard, and Neo is now the first Mayor of Waspurn. Congratulations to them both!

You stared death in the face and ran screaming. =)
Check out my current Community Fortress LostPages.

One day I hope to create the Monkey Torture Chamber of Doom!

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2008, 10:09:46 pm »

Arg, FPS slowdown due to having so many dwarves. I'd limit the amount but then how would we get to the fun of sieges?

Hawklaser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2008, 10:31:42 pm »

What I find really odd bout the death of the first dwarf was it was right after the spear was gotten for the fort too. I wonder if the dwarf had grabbed the spear or if it is still in the fort?

I can only hope the 2nd dwarf does not get crushed by another bridge, and dies in some very interesting way.

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2008, 10:52:41 pm »

Nope, we still have the *<<+steel spear+>>* Ready and waiting for an owner. I feared giving that to a dwarf to train on. I could imagine "Oops, sorry I pierced your lung."

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2008, 02:26:11 am »

Neo: Theres an awful lot 'o greenskins out there...

Inaluct: Can't you see there are dwarves dieing as we speak!?

*In the background a troll stomps a dwarf into the dirt, and goes on, booming laughter.*

*The gates open with a bang, the looming figure before all makes combat nearly stop to gaze on in fear and despair, or renewed hope and courage.*

-Gaweir looks on at the band of greenskins before him, a glint in his eye, which could be confused for utter insanity.-

Gaweir: ULTRA-DWARVEN!

*Ass kickery*

Gaweir made a new spot on the badass lists. He's so dauntless, magma doesn't frighten him!

I suggest that you place Gaweir in the thickest fighting! I swear to Wespurn, this Dwarf is going down in pieces. His, and the goblins. A lot of goblins.

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2008, 03:47:58 am »

I have to admit at first I thought he was suicidal, because why in the world would any sane dwarf run to the edge of the lava. Moments later I saw him flash and some body parts fly and thought, "Oh that idiot!, he just got himself shot to hell by a fireball." Granted I've never seen a fireball blow parts off anyone, but I assumed the worst. Then I go to check what parts he still has left. Surprisingly, he's intact and the imp is beside itself, in the most literal of senses. This is why your dwarf is not allowed to spar with the recruits. I fear training your dwarf and that sword more than I fear training a speardwarf now. More to come tommorow! Keep watching! I assure you more exitement to come.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2008, 03:54:41 am »

DIS strikes again! *Evil Laugh* I think I should coin Dwarf Immortality Syndrome.
We should put it on the wiki...
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

caranha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2008, 04:12:06 am »

Your fortress needs more green!

Can I have a female glassmaker, please? If possible, a married dwarf.

Name: Nana

:-)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2008, 09:13:21 am »

I want a male dwarf that goes into fishing, we will need all the bolts we can get to train the army.

Call him chaotic.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2008, 01:06:32 pm »

DIS strikes again! *Evil Laugh* I think I should coin Dwarf Immortality Syndrome.
We should put it on the wiki...

If we did, it would have to be labeled 'D' for Dwarf.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2008, 02:50:37 pm »

That's the awesome part
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2008, 03:07:22 pm »

23rd of Hematite, Year 11, Hamlet Waspurn;

Ive just gotten the news that the first natural citizen of Waspurn has been born. Everyone congratulate Nana on her second son. She will be taking some time off from glassmaking, due to the risk to the baby near the magma pipe. But that risk has all but been eliminated by Gaweir, who has personally seen to it that four fire imps, two of which were slain after having retreated into the magma. I'm so proud of him! He says after his work is done there he will is to be the Sentry for the town. After seeing the goblins terrible rampage such a short time ago, I do worry. He assures me that everything will be fine.

Our metalworks is up and running! No steel as of yet, making it apparently requires fuel. We have a magma furnace, but that must not be enough. I don't claim to know the smithing process, but Amon knows what he's doing.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2008, 04:55:07 pm »

Why is it that my characters are always around when people do something stupid, and need to be saved?

Oh...right. DIS.

Edit:

Neo I mandate that you make that Wiki page on DIS.

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2008, 05:20:23 pm »

20th of Limestone, Year 11, Hamlet Waspurn;

Unforeseen consequences of the fire imp killings started a fire in the food pile. All the food and booze was moved as soon as possible to a new location. Sadly one dwarf had already caught fire. Thikut Purplewound burnt to death, sadly that is not the end of the bad news. Another dwarf went insane last week, they then threw themselves in a channel, no rescue attempt would be called for as he would just do it again.

When we had most of the food moved to the new pile the dwarven caravan arrived. This caravan was followed by an ambush. Sadly most of our military was asleep at the time, so the caravan guards were the ones to dispach the wouldbe assassins.

Gaweir did manage to get out in time to catch a goblin snatcher, Naturally the goblin didn't stand a chance. We made some great purchaces for the military, enough steel to cover each and every one of them from head to toe. Also enough weapondry to outfit an entire platoon with whatever weapon they might fancy. Amon was disappointed that there was no fuel on this shipment, and very little wood. Hopefully the elves won't hold a grudge for their slaughter last spring and will visit again. They seem to be a wonderful supply of wood.

Everyone had a good laugh at the vest and piccolo that were for sale. On the vest was an image of the artifact grate that was made right here by one of our own dwarves. We enjoyed it so much we figured we would get it too. But whats more, it was also on one of the war hammers that we bought. The piccolo had an image of Gaweir's barrel. We bought the whole lot of them. All told we traded for 93,513☼ worth of items.

We seem to have some camel meat that will not burn out, in order to save ourselves from the smoke its been ordered to be walled in.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16