Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Waspurn - Community Fortress (Adopt a dwarf today!)  (Read 12025 times)

Hawklaser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Waspurn - Community Fortress (Adopt a dwarf today!)
« Reply #180 on: November 23, 2008, 11:29:22 pm »

-Amon's Journal-
Entry-2

Ever since that baron and his cohorts arrived things here have been a mess.  Thanks to them, and their "Taxes" I have a bone to pick with them, espeicaly since there has not been a lot of smithing to do recently... How do they expect a good dwarf to pay their "Taxes" when there isn't any work to be done? It's not like metal grows on trees and can be used for every little thing. Must be nice to live in their little world where they think everything happens as they want it. I'm gonna have to have a chat with the mayor about this. Though something a bit more interesting is recently we managed to get a dragon into a cage. The dragon gives me the creeps though, always eyeing me like I am some snack, well I guess to a dragon I would be a mere snack.

Entry-3

Today I managed to have a chat with the mayor, and the mayor had a solution to the lack of work and taxes for me. Asked me how I would feel bout joining the military for a while, as they need more able bodied dwarfs. Of course I said yes, after all gives me a chance to earn some honor for myself. At least I get a chance at something more interesting than beating on metal or twiddling my thumbs. And there have been plenty of goblins showing up, so I should get a chance to crush some skulls before too long. I'm eagerly awaiting the next bunch of goblins to show up, after all not everyday a smith gets a chance to bless his hammer with the blood of goblins. I hear talk of an arena opening up soon, that might be a good place to start with testing my skills.

(ooc- I would like amon to go up against a theif, then a wrestler, then the hammergob as a bit of training, and depending on his skill with a hammer, might want to go after a few more later.)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 23, 2008, 11:44:25 pm »

He might wants some wrestleing training before hand. Oh, and full steel armour. Everybody has it, why shouldn't he? That and, theres what, six or seven Military Dwarves? You got to have some spare steel armour laying around I bet. If not, we can always trade for more. Or make some.

Slashy slashy stabby...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 12:08:39 am by WorkerDrone »

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2008, 12:00:08 am »

I will fight the dragon alongside Gaweir.

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
    • http://katewissen.blogspot.com/
« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2008, 01:16:21 am »

Alright, we are just about ready to test out the arena, I'm going to test it by unleashing the camels against someone, any volunteers. I feel using the camels will be a good test because if they break out we don't have to worry too much. I'll take a volunteer or use one of the random recruited namelessones.
Check out my current Community Fortress LostPages.

One day I hope to create the Monkey Torture Chamber of Doom!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2008, 03:00:33 am »

Yeeeah.

Gaweir cancels attack camel: No sport.

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2008, 03:16:32 am »

A single camel, no probably not. But 8 camels? (we caught a few more in the traps)
Another reason why I want the camels out is for free cages. I think I'll just toss the new recruit at them, But I'll keep a few of the named legends on standby.

Oh we also caught a few more goblins while we were finishing up the safety features for the arena. Including the local leader goblin (Legendary Elite Crossbowman). Now I don't know if killing him/ keeping him will stop the sieges, I really hope not. I know there are plenty of other goblins out there. So we can hope that they find a new leader.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 03:22:31 am by Kate Wissen »

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 24, 2008, 03:19:31 am »

Gaweir: Let the boy win his spurs.
                   (Amon)

If anyone can spot where that quote comes from, once again, I will allow you to have a Virtual >Insert Flavor Here< Cookie from the Interweb Jar.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2008, 03:29:59 am »

Also plz post statuses and skills, I wanna know how my dwarf is doing!
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 24, 2008, 03:48:48 am »

Sure. I'll again, that will take a bit of time, I'll have it for you tommorow, I only have a little bit longer before I have to go. I'll also take a few pics of the signifigant historical engravings. You know, the ones that aren't of purring maggots.

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 24, 2008, 05:03:23 am »

Amon is the first to use the new arena. I enjoy watching hammerdwarves do their thing, guess why. =)

http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-954-nosport

See it for yourselves!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 24, 2008, 09:34:06 am »

That was good, also, no movie of the imaginary fall of Waspurn?

Edit: almost forgot, the underground cistern will take a while before fish decide to evolve in it. Check the cistern in a year or two.

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 24, 2008, 01:26:20 pm »

24th Of Obsidian, Year 13, City of Waspurn;

We are on the edge of a new year. We have been preparing entertainment for those who are less than busy. The fortress has been running a bit too well, as there is only guarnteed steady work in the military, although the glassmakers have been doing well also. They have developed glass strong enough to hold anything, supposedly. So far nothing has broken out, but I have my doubts. A suggestion was made, to attempt to bring everyone to a status level where noone would have to worry about the ecomomy. An insane task to be sure, but it could easily be done with the right methods. If nothing else giving everyone work would certianly stop the complaints. Neo gave up his position after he nearly had a breakdown. So many out of work dwarves, constantly complaining. Neo now spends his days quietly, helping in a variety of different tasks. One would consider the irony of the man once complained to about the lack of jobs is now taking jobs from others.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2008, 02:48:41 pm »

I don't think that you would be able to control Apple in the fortress guard so don't put him into any arena battles. Instead could you possibly build the meanest prison imaginable? This thing needs lead (or iron if lead isn't available) cages for the criminals, a lava moat, war dogs tied up around entrance and finally a lava fall, just build wooden pumps as they don't catch on fire unless submerged in lava and remember to watch out for the lava mist :P.

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2008, 02:59:50 pm »

Actually Ive already tested it and I can get apple and any of the fortress guard into the arena.
That's a horribly cruel jail, I like it. I will give it a shot, but you can also get into the arena should you choose.

Edit: The movie of the forts imaginary doom has disappeared, if I can find it I'll post it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 03:02:15 pm by Kate Wissen »

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2008, 06:15:52 pm »

6th of Felsite, Year 14, Metropolis of Waspurn;

More migrants arrived, and with another noble. This one is a philosopher. At least he hasn't demanded a room or tomb or anything. I think he may be my favorite noble in the fortress. Preparations for the first arena fight are underway. Amon will go up against one on one against three goblins, each one more difficult than the last. A combat maze is under construction for the crossbow goblins to go up against any of our dwarves brave enough to attempt such a thing.

Minutes after I wrote this entry I was informed that we are now the capital of a duchy. We must now prepare for the incoming king. I am as surprised as you are, I guess they WERE moving the entire mountain homes. But why here? We are under constant attack, we are in the most barren of  areas. What in the hell are they thinking?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 06:32:50 pm by Kate Wissen »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16