Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: The Colleseum "Mirrorshowered" Community Bloodbath. (The games Begin!!!)  (Read 15809 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By the way, kurisukun, this is awesome. I think I'll make my own coliseum after this one ends.

Snuffs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ooh, sounds like fun!  Sign me up:

Snuffs, prior partydwarf (you know, one of those useless layabouts that has mostly conversational skills and is always throwing parties), who should train as a speardwarf (without a shield) by either more intense conversation, if possible, or by record keeping.  I know someone else is record keeping already, so as a last resort, he can operate pumps.

Let's see how fast he can die...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile

This could be interesting

Name: Fireheart

Give him a sword and leather armor and train him on swimming, Drowning would be a sad way to end a fight

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile

I want in!

Richter. Please set him to training with swimming. And I'd like for him to be a Swordsdwarf (Shield). Lets see if this thread breaks my case of character immortality syndrome.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Fireheart

Give him a sword and leather armor and train him on swimming, Drowning would be a sad way to end a fight

could

No. It will.

Unless kurisukun gets hit by a bus and abandons the project.

By the way, will there be any kobold archers?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 12:26:44 am by inaluct »

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This idea sounds great  :D
Name:Flint
Hammerdwarf with shield and chain armour if possible if not leather is fine
and Pumping as a training method

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
Re: The Colleseum "Mirrorshowered" Community Bloodbath. (Pick your dwarves tod
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2008, 04:21:17 am »

I'll take a dwarf named Neo, No preferences on anything save wanting mace and shield
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2008, 09:14:44 am »

Everyone up to this point has dwarves now.

I am not micromanaging types of leather armor.
Everyone starts with a buckler, unless you specify you don't want one at all.  Shields accompany the upgrade to Chain armor.
I'll re-iterate that everyone starts with Leather Armor.
There is no steal.   Everything is made from Copper.   The small amounts of steel we do possess will only be given to truely worthy champions.

You get 1 training method, I'm tkaing the first one mentioned in each persons post.

I am not doing Record Keeping.   My current record keeper has everything all taken care of, so there isn't any work left to be done there.   He spends most of his time hanging out in the meeting area now.

Still comming along on construction.   we'll start once the arena proper is finished.  A hold has been put into place, as there is a siege sitting right outside my entrance, and I'd prefer my masons not get shot.    And your gladiators are the only military we have.

Of course... if everyone WANTS to go out there in flimsy leather armor and take on a hoard of 10 or so human crossbowmen...   With mounted wrestlers to back them up....

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

If your still accepting Dwarves

Name: Dwarmin the Twin Moons
Weapons: dual wielded Maces, no shield
Training: Pumping
And I know dual wielding is mostly pointless lol But if I lose a hand, I can still fight.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 09:34:17 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If were only allowed one kind of training I'd prefer just swimming. Thanks.

Os Q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd take a wrestler with no shield, nicknamed "Trollbiter", I'd like to see how long he lasts, train him in whatever way you find least time consuming. Thanks

( Wrestlers are the Redshirts of Dwarf Fortress ;D )

Ps. If you dont want a wrestler, give him a spear please
..at least put some spikes in your clubs for goodness sake!

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2008, 04:15:58 pm »

KILL IT WITH FIRE! uh. i mean use traps. to get rid of the siege.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2008, 05:54:30 pm »

KILL IT WITH FIRE! uh. i mean use traps. to get rid of the siege.

I a SHITTON of cage traps.   If they take TEN steps in my direction, the seige will be over, and ya'll will have some nice humans to play with.

But NO!  It's apparently coffee break time.  They're just sittin' around the campfire hangin' out.   And the instant I tell my dwarves they can go outside, they'll all go rushing out to grab that one piece of wood or something that I forgot to forbid, and then get slaughtered.

Oh, and all dwarves have been added.    Dwarmin, I shortened the name, cause I didn't wanna have to look at something that long.   Sorry.  ^__^

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2008, 06:33:02 pm »

TRAGEDY OF TRAGEDIES!!!!

The humans have shown competence!   They stalked, silently, ignoring all traps I had laid out before them.   I could not catch them in my cages!   And my final resort, 10 masterwork Crossbows filled with masterwork Wooden Bolts, failed to kill a single one!!

The entire fortress was mobilized!  2 legendary dwarves where slain, as well as countless others.  But the humans where driven back!

Unfourtunatly, amongst the chaos, Trollbiter and Flint fell to the hail of crossbow bolts.

I know not how this happened.  I know not WHY this happened.  But Trust me, the Humans shall PAY!!!

*is now actually training a military cell.*   Why I thought I could deal without marksdwarves at least I shall never know...

ungood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So did any of the dwarves training for the Colosseum get any kills?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11