Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: The Colleseum "Mirrorshowered" Community Bloodbath. (The games Begin!!!)  (Read 15800 times)

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WELCOME  to the colleseum.  Pull up a piece of stone, and watch midgets battle it out against Green Midgets, till only one of them survive!!!

This 150 dwarf strong fortress has been founded with the sheer purpose of constructing a Giant Colleseum for dwarven kind to use for their entertainment.   Gladiators go in,and fight to the death, for fame and glory (and shiney pieces of artifact level armor!!)

Our Colleseum has been completed!!! Gladiators now sit training their hardest, fine tuning their abilities for the next match!!!

Here's a picture of our GRAND Colleseum!!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 11:42:52 pm by kurisukun »

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Colleseum "Mirrorshowered" Community Bloodbath. (still under construct
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 04:01:11 pm »

Current Standings:

Akhier:  Weapon: spear.  Skill: dabbling.   Very Strong, Unbelievably Agile, Extremely Tough.    Matches: 1.   Kills:0
Sgt. Jackrum:  Weapon Crossbow  Skill:Novice.  Strong, Perfectly Agile, Superdwarvenly Tough.  Matches 1.  Kills:2
Emmanovi: Weapon: spear. Skill:none.   Very Strong, Extreamly Agile, Superdwarvenly Tough.  Matches 1.  Kills:1
Neo:  Weapon None.  Skill: Dabbling.  Strong, Perfectly Agile, Extremely tough. Matches 1.  Kills:0  <INJURED>
Helmed Griffon: Weapon:none. Skill Dabbling.  Very Strong, Unbelievably Agile, Superdwarvenly tough.  Matches 1.  Kills:0
Carrot: Weapons: axe.  Skill:None.  Extreamly Strong, Agile, Superdwarvenly Tough.  Matches 1.  Kills:0
Egill:  Weapons: axe.  Skill: Dabbling.  Ultra-mighty, Extreamly Agile, Superdwarvenly Tough.  Matches 1. Kills:3

Okay, because I like keeping things organized, the first place is eventually going to be replaced with awesome flavorful text, and this is going to be where I keep track of who has what dwarves, and what their current stats are.

How it works:

I have a list of the dwarves not currently being used in my fortress (there are about 60 of them.  There's probably more, but those 60 where the only ones I bothered pulling the names for.)

You can pick any one of them (I have a fairly wide range, no miners, no metalworkers.  None of them have been put through any kind of dwarven training regiment, although a lot of them have managed to level up their attributes through Socilazation.  so "I want a fast dwarf"  Is good, as is "I want a soapmaker"  But try to limit the "I want a fast soapmaker!"  (I only have 1 soapmaker anyway))   (I'm thinking about putting up my Spreadsheet with them listed, maybe later)

You can pick any form of Training Regiment I can provide (Pumping, Siege operating, swimming, whatever)  Except sparring.   Dwarves that have been selected will never be off duty when in the military, and will only gain levels in their selected weapons in the arena.

Equipment will be provided.  Leather armor for any dwarf under Skilled, Chain for any between skilled and adept, and Plate for adept and up.

Artifact weapons/armor (I have a copper shield/plate, and a bone hammer) will only be awarded to those who manage to preform exceptionally well in the colleseum (like taking down that hammerlord, or a couple bowgoblins)

Matches will be arranged.   A list of what kinds of goblins Prisoners I have will be posted (somewhere) And you may chose from any of them to battle.   Special events will be held, and participation may or may not be manditory.  Multiple participants can battle at the same time, but in such circumstances, enemy selection is forfeit.

Matches are now OPEN!   If you'd like to fight, select an enemy (or enemies) From the list below.  At the next avilable opportunity, I shall arrange the combat.   A list of the current Standings will be made available on the first post, and the results from the match will go there, as well as a "Play by play" (To the best of my ability)  Post.   Don't expect epic battle reports here.

There will be 2 other arena combat types, coming soon.

(Note:  Thieves are reserved for... things.)

Current list of Enemies Available:
Guards:7
Goblin Hammerers:15
Human Hammerers:1
Goblin Spearmen: 6
Goblin Crossbowmen (Some of them still have bows): 15
Human Crossbowmen: 2
Goblin Wrestlers:110
Goblin Axemen: 19
Goblin Swordsmen:17
Human Swordsmen:1
Goblin Macemen: 5
Human Macemen: 1
Goblin Pikemen: 9
Goblin Bowmen (Bows and arrows included) 21
Human Bowmen: 1
Goblin Lashers:4

Goblin Master Theives:3
Goblin Thieves:28

Asno Snamoztongmul, Goblin Swordmaster
Statost Bonzolak, Goblin Spearmaster
Snang Uxnuaslot, Goblin Macelord (Leader of a goblin Civ)
Tode Uzetolngo, Goblin Elite Bowman

« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 11:04:14 pm by kurisukun »

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile

I'd like to go with an agile dwarf put through swimming training, because I feel like making a dwarf go for a swim. Spear and chain mail is preferrable when it comes to equipment. What he was beforehand doesn't really matter.

Call him Fury.

In case I am breaking any of your rules, throw a brick in my direction. *puts on +steel helmet+*
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: The Colleseum "Mirrorshowered" Community Bloodbath. (Pick your dwarves tod
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 04:52:42 pm »

I want a male dwarf. A strong and tough one at that. He can wield a battleaxe and train by pumping.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

1 Soapmaker.
 Swimming only.
 Wrestling only.
 Final destination Dwarf.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ungood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like a Peasant, named "Sam Vimes."  Trained with bookkeeping and pumping.  Wields a sword.

Bring them on!

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 05:05:56 pm »

Sam Vimes was a human, you dolt!

Carrot now, he was a dwarf.

ungood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 05:07:44 pm »

Sam Vimes was a human, you dolt!

Carrot now, he was a dwarf.

Who says this isn't just a dwarf that really wants to imitate his literary hero?!

Someone needs to lay claim to Carrot though.

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 05:09:45 pm »

Lol!  Carrot... hehehe...

Boksi, You have a Tanner named Alath Onulilir
Duke, you have a Soapmaker named Deler Stinobok.
ungood, you got a peasant, name of Adil Urrithurist.   Renaming soon.

Staring their training regiments now.

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 05:13:50 pm »

Mad, I missed your post, sorry.  You have Ushat, (soon to be named fury)  the agile butcher.   He'll be gettin' his spear and his swimsuit soon.  ^__^

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 05:14:31 pm »

Oh, and can I request that my dorf be renamed "Egill"? And if you can allow yourself to use DC, have the last name of Baldnessmask?

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 05:19:03 pm »

done, and done.   Everyones off training (except the screw pumpers... turns out I didn't have any corkscrews handy.  We'll remedy that)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

The competitors will find it difficult to compete when the arena is flooded. With the screws out of the way, there will be no way to pump out the water.

Master plan: Halfway complete. Now to smuggle water slowly into the arena...
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 05:24:26 pm »

The competitors will find it difficult to compete when the arena is flooded. With the screws out of the way, there will be no way to pump out the water.

The finished arena will have plumbing for sea battles.   ^__^   It worked in Rome.....

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 06:03:37 pm »

The finished arena will have plumbing for sea battles.   ^__^   It worked in Rome.....

I predict Fury managing to skewer a fish on his spear somehow. Worst comes to worst, he WILL kill with a fish!

"Did...did he just kill a goblin by smacking its skull in with a raw fish?" "Now you know why they call him Fury."

...Dualwielding carps...oh, that would be awesome to see...
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11