Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: The Colleseum "Mirrorshowered" Community Bloodbath. (The games Begin!!!)  (Read 15820 times)

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Colleseum "Mirrorshowered" Community Bloodbath. (Pick your dwarves tod
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2008, 07:06:41 pm »

So did any of the dwarves training for the Colosseum get any kills?

Nope.  Most of the war-dogs actually got the kills.

I DID catch 4 of the humans.   Not really sure why those 4 got caught and the others got away....  According to the wiki, cause the human caravan came through from the same civ (I think?)  They where immune to traps.

Go figure.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2008, 07:14:24 pm »

I DID catch 4 of the humans.   Not really sure why those 4 got caught and the others got away....  According to the wiki, cause the human caravan came through from the same civ (I think?)  They where immune to traps.

Go figure.
I believe that the captured humans may have fallen unconscious.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

StrayCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Living gateway for the demonic Laggabeast
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2008, 12:34:45 am »

Go figure.
I believe that the captured humans may have fallen unconscious.

Any human caravan that waltzes into your Stronghold will remember EVERY trap within their sight. And they'll tell other humans about that when they come to siege you. They're smart like that.

I'd like to be put down... as Sgt. Jackrum, to continue to tradition of Discworld referencing. Ahem. Let's hope he does a good job of things. Ahem. Ahem ahem. Pardon, something in my throat. So!

Sgt. Jackrum
Starting as a dwarf already, either beginning as a hunter (ranger who has hunted for you with hunting experience) or a dwarf with a bonus to toughness. I'd prefer hunter.
Swimming Training(For now. After their first battle, can we have them trained in another discipline, so, for instance, I could try Jackrum's hand at Pump Operating next, then siege engineering perhaps?)
Cheap crossbow made of wood, and either crap metal or wooden bolts if you're feeling cruel (to the victim and to Jackrum!)

May I propose we have a group match with Vimes "The Butcher", Carrot Ironfoundersson, and Sgt. Jackrum fighting simultaneously? The only thing more awesome that that would be the ability to somehow mod in a creature, tame it, make it a war creature, name the race Detritus, and give it a ranged attack as if it was carrying a ballista. Woo imagination!

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Os Q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Out of respect for the other dead, I'll restrain from laughing at poor Trollbiter's premature demise. If you have any layabouts left please make a similiar gladiator named "Trollbane," let him have a buckler though.
..at least put some spikes in your clubs for goodness sake!

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2008, 04:38:10 pm »

Out of respect for the other dead, I'll restrain from laughing at poor Trollbiter's premature demise. If you have any layabouts left please make a similiar gladiator named "Trollbane," let him have a buckler though.

I laughed.  He was the first one I checked for to see if he was dead.

I'll get these folks added later.   And re-do all our traps.   Thankfully my mechanics survived (although my legendary bowyer did not.) ><

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2008, 04:41:03 pm »

so when will you start? as in what is the point at which you will put dwarves in the coliseum in regards to their skills?
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2008, 04:59:52 pm »

May I propose we have a group match with Vimes "The Butcher", Carrot Ironfoundersson, and Sgt. Jackrum fighting simultaneously? The only thing more awesome that that would be the ability to somehow mod in a creature, tame it, make it a war creature, name the race Detritus, and give it a ranged attack as if it was carrying a ballista. Woo imagination!

WOOT!

Or better yet, mod in a civ of rock trolls with. Detritus's crossbow, and make an adventurer named Detritus.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2008, 05:27:50 pm »

so when will you start? as in what is the point at which you will put dwarves in the coliseum in regards to their skills?

As soon as the main arenas construction is complete.  I want to put in rock flooring too, but that may not happen till after the blood has been spilled.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You should probably make it have a ceiling around 6 z-levels high; that way you can have battles over a huge drop, or something.

A huge drop into 6/7 water and constantly retracting and extending wooden spikes.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile

I like that idea.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks. I think we should all help(?) kurisukun by writing out our insane ideas for arena battles.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile

Well first of all, we of the Arena Combatants mandate that you place man eating lions that appear from trap doors across the arena floor.

We also mandate that you flood the arena in levels of lethality with magma, for every minute we are not engaged in combat.

And finally, we mandate that you point your thumb up or down, and in the case of up, reward the indicated combatant with his equipment upgrade, or 'randomly' select a punnishment for no pointed out reason, and dump the combatant in fiery magma.

So it has been declared, so it will not likely be.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

So it has been declared, so it will not likely be.
Hehe  ;D
Just so I remember

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2008, 08:10:59 pm »

if goblins kill the dwarves, open the secret doors and have your elite xbowdwarves behind fortifications kill them all!
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Idea: tunnel out a cube of up/down staircases underground. Combatants can move in three dimensions now. I bet you've never had a swarm of goblins literally descend on a dwarf and massacre it.

Descend.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11