Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Forum 'Game': DISASTERTHON  (Read 13983 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Forum 'Game': DISASTERTHON
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2009, 04:22:24 am »

A young executive, starting his first flight into the corporate world. It is sad most will not survive the winter, and the ones that do will eat their siblings. Nature is a cruel world.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2009, 04:30:41 am »

You just gave me a great idea for a reality TV show.

No wait... It's already been done before.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2009, 04:34:43 am »

You just gave me a great idea for a reality TV show.

No wait... It's already been done before.
I very much doubt there is a show where executives are launched off skyscrapers.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2009, 04:44:30 am »

What about:

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2009, 03:11:41 am »

Sorry about the string of non-updates, but, well, long story short, a friend gave me a nail file/buffer set, and I got a bit too overzealous with my manual hygiene.  My nails, while kept immaculate and pristine, with a shine like no other, had become somewhat thin.

I was about to type up the next set up results, when I took a break to open a can of soda.   As I used my thumbnail to pry up the metal tab, said nail bent like a young bamboo sapling.   The pain caused me to immediately pass out, and I awoke some hours later with my face pressed to my keyboard, which was clotted with dried blood.   I'm currently using Dasher to type this out, as I've been doing with most things this past month.   I finally feel like I'm ready to face this thread again, so let's start with a clean slate.

~DISASTER~

Your country has gone to war with itself, and the nuclear arsenal is in the hands of the enemy.   You have three hundred dollars in cash (US, or equivalent alternative currency), and whatever equipment you own, and can carry.   Roads are closed, airplanes are grounded, and while you live several miles from the nearest tactical target, your growing sense of paranoia refuses to let you spend the coming times at ease.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2009, 03:15:44 am »

I get in a car, gather my family and travel west, into Central Australia, taking care to bring lots of water supplies and food. When in a suitable spot, we shall set up camp and wait.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2009, 03:26:32 am »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I'm never going to get my first-disaster results? T_T

Fine.

I can do this.

I purchase a bicycle, supplies of food and water, and a backpack. I bike to the enemy territory. I then proceed to sell out the side I was on for my own safety.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2009, 03:34:07 am »

I get in a car, gather my family and travel west, into Central Australia, taking care to bring lots of water supplies and food. When in a suitable spot, we shall set up camp and wait.

You travel west, into obscurity.   In time, radio contact dims.   Weeks pass, and as the bombs drop on cities you know the names of, you survive.  The black clouds cloak the sky.  Your family, fearing to return to those lands, builds more suitable structures for living.   Huts.  You relearn how to hunt, how to find water, how to live.  In time, more families come to your camp, and a community grows.   

The generations stream on, and one day, your great grandson, only a little mutated by the fallout that now pervades the wild continent, decides to travel alone to seek out some new thing.   He comes to a vast field of odd mountains and rubble, with valleys that connect at right angles.  He stalks through these dead lands, through not wholly demolished buildings of a once great city, until he reaches the shore.   Thinking he had seen all of this place, he pauses.  There could never have been life here, he thought.  There were no soft hills of brush, no streams or lakes for wildlife to mingle at.   These great piles of hot stone are not even death, they are simply a void of all life.   But, as he approaches the endless water of killing salt, he gazed upon something wholly alien.  Two shell-like constructions of concrete standing rebelliously before the ocean.  These monuments, made by man or god, truly required some imagination.

Amidst the bleak times, your great grandson had found that new thing.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2009, 03:36:39 am »

You travel west, into obscurity.   In time, radio contact dims.   Weeks pass, and as the bombs drop on cities you know the names of, you survive.  The black clouds cloak the sky.  Your family, fearing to return to those lands, builds more suitable structures for living.   Huts.  You relearn how to hunt, how to find water, how to live.  In time, more families come to your camp, and a community grows.   

The generations stream on, and one day, your great grandson, only a little mutated by the fallout that now pervades the wild continent, decides to travel alone to seek out some new thing.   He comes to a vast field of odd mountains and rubble, with valleys that connect at right angles.  He stalks through these dead lands, through not wholly demolished buildings of a once great city, until he reaches the shore.   Thinking he had seen all of this place, he pauses.  There could never have been life here, he thought.  There were no soft hills of brush, no streams or lakes for wildlife to mingle at.   These great piles of hot stone are not even death, they are simply a void of all life.   But, as he approaches the endless water of killing salt, he gazed upon something wholly alien.  Two shell-like constructions of concrete standing rebelliously before the ocean.  These monuments, made by man or god, truly required some imagination.

Amidst the bleak times, your great grandson had found that new thing.
I would have gone with getting in the bunker, but I don't know of any nearby and it would be boring anyway.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2009, 05:14:32 am »

This thread! It lives!

I use my awe-inspiring charisma to stop the civil war. Failing that, I continue the Australia theme and run the longest marathon in history to Alice Springs, where I acquire a pickaxe by any means necessary. I then travel to Uluru and dig myself a fortress/bomb shelter out of the rock, showing complete disregard for the forty thousand year old culture it is sacred to.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2009, 06:27:37 am »

Indeed, yey, it lives! Also, nice to find somene who knows dasher.

I will use my money to buy all the sugary candy I can lay my hands on. Then I melt it a bit and build a kind of candy igloo out of it. Also a cardboard fort inside the igloo. With a bottle  of potent spirits and my IMAGINATION stat, I will escape this world to the world of imagination. I shall ride the disaster like a mechanical bull.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2009, 08:00:03 am »

I call my mighty woodland elk forces to help me secure Canberra. Glory to the Dwarmin, all show bow trembling or face my wrath!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2009, 11:10:06 am »

I'll drive north into Canada with only my closest friends, rations, my immediate family, and my girlfriend. May have to use 2 vehicles. (Live in Chicago, Illinois, btw).
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2009, 01:37:51 pm »

I buy a handgun, a leather jacket and shades. Then I steal a motorcycle and drive into enemy territory. There I stalk the heads of the enemy, striking from the darkness. After a while, and the enemy hates my guts, I set fire to as much as I can.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7