Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Forum 'Game': DISASTERTHON  (Read 13992 times)

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Forum 'Game': DISASTERTHON
« on: November 17, 2008, 04:39:51 am »

This game involves the posters in the thread putting some hard thought into responses for the DISASTERS I create.   If you survive, you can continue to play in the current storyline, and if you die a horrible death, you will have to wait until I say 'ALL CLEAR'.

Please note that any realism or surrealism I inject into the storyline is entirely at whim, so be prepared to deal with the harsh mercurial justice I shall deal out.

I'll start things off simple, just to get people used to the format:

~DISASTER~

You are lost in the woods, it is raining, and night is falling.   You have a pocketknife and a damp paperback copy of "Flowers for Algernon" in your back pocket.   How will you survive this night?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Forum 'Game': DISASTERTHON
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 04:42:49 am »

I rip off the pages and craft a papermache S.O.S sign, and then cut open an animal nearby and sleep in its guts (real people can survive via this method. Animal guts are surprisingly warm)
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 05:16:51 am »

Take knife, cut out pages of damp book. Make lean-to out of assumedly wet branches, against a tree. Fill gaps in-between branches with brush and pages of damp book to keep out chill-wind. Sit cross-legged under lean-to next to tree, and wait until daybreak, confident that my branch and book camouflaged shelter will detur predators. All else fails, and they attack? Pocket-Knife Wrestling.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 08:04:33 am »

Read Flowers For Algernon out loud to the forest. Find the animals that died due to the boredom attack. Cut guts on some, use on for meat.

Seriously though, flowers for algernon? I hated that book so much. Just some big dude that should be in adult diapers whining about how stupid he is, and once he gets smart he bitches about the perplexity of being intelligent.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 08:17:26 am »

I cut down some leafy branches and proceed to make a shelter made from the fronds, moss and wirey roots, against a tree. Then I start a small fire by using knife and a stone made of flint on a pile of animal dropings. I dry myself then the book and use the dry pages as insulation to keep warm. Then I stay awake till dawn, keeping the fire lit.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 08:20:45 am »

Wield the book and the knife and go out hunting. Find a rabbit hole or something and block one end up with teh book and shout alot down the other hole. Eventually, rabits will use their primitive brains, they will come out the other end. I attack them with a knife and kill them. I return to a covered bit of the woods, and attempted to use some dry twigs to start a fire. Once the fire gets going i throw on some old logs, and the book.

While the fire is started, I was busy removing the skin from the rabbit, and preparing it for cooking.

lambskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 09:23:14 am »

I make a shelter under a dead tree, set up a noose, catch a rabbit and club it to death with the paperback. I then skin it and eat the meat raw, and use the skin to augment my shelter.
STRIKE THE ETC.

PowerGoal45, MEET THE CYBERFIST, (Future): You use your iron geared prosthetic hand to crush a piece of stone in front of the cowering goblin, and it passes out.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 09:31:53 am »

Find cover by a river. Use the knife to carve a wooden hook, thread from my clothes for line and bait the hook with worms, if I can dig them up *and they do come out during rain* to catch fish. Otherwise use strips of my own flesh to bait the hook. Tie the line around my book and use it to reel them in without rope burn. Afterwards, eat the fish raw-making sure to drink thier blood and juice.

Oh and read the book and cry at the plight of poor Charlie.

Edit: If were all playing in the same forest, Kill Zako and steal his shelter :P
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 09:34:50 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 03:07:22 pm »

Walk home and read the book on the sofa.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 03:13:40 pm »

i think i owuld walk straight untill i went out of the wood.
or, if that isn't allowed, and there are no lightnings, i climb a tree and wait till day, or if i am good enough i try to sleep there

if there are lightnings, i find a place as far as possible from trees, and i sit down thee. i keep the knife ready for fighting against animals.

i use the book to collect rain water. rain go in the book, i get the water from the pages of the book. and of course, i also open my mouth to try to drink.
you can safely stay a day iwthout eating, but you need to drink.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 03:40:19 pm »

I construct a shrine for the book so it may get no more damp, sacrafice my clothes to the book, and search for flint so I may make a fire with my knife to create a proper sacrafice for the book. All plantlife must be cleansed for the glory that is Algernon!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 04:42:33 pm »

I call for my intergalactic spaceship to beam me up.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 05:00:12 pm »

Of course you would steal my shelter, you cheap ass!

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 05:18:17 pm »

1stly: I rid myself of all clothing.
2ndly: I roll around in the mud to completely cover myself in the stuff.
3rdly: I will use my knife and mud camouflage stalk any nearby prey.
4thly: After killing the unsuspecting animal I will eat it raw. With the bones and other uneatable remains I will form an SOS sign in the nearest clearing with the hope that a helicopter or some other form of rescue team will find it.
5thly: After doing this, completely covered in a mixture of blood and mud I will sit down nearby the clearing to read my book.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 07:30:11 pm »

I will SING the book out loud, and when all the animals come out I pet them and they show me to shelter, and we sit there all night and sing and I make a crown out of leaves, and when I wake up in the morning I discover I have been transformed to an elf.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7